What You've Done Today - We do not remember days, we remember moments

ShadySands

I have a memory foam mattress, medium firm, and I love it. There's no chance I ever go back to box spring. I don't know what the expected lifetime of a memory foam mattress is, but I've had it for over a decade and it's still great.

Sleeping well is no small matter so don't compromise on a mattress. Get the one that feels best for you even if it hurts your bank account. That's better than hurting your body. There are few investments more important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The ones you order online nowadays are pretty amazing. It might not be available outside of the US, but I ordered one through Nectar a few years ago and it was a good price and sleeps great. It cost about half of the one I bought from the store before that and it feels the same.

• Thanks 2

Did a bit of extra shopping the last couple of days. Looks like it’s going to get very windy and quite rainy for the next 3-4 days, so got things like bottled water, dry food, candles, batteries, lpg bottles for cooking etc.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Went to a fashion expo. Looked at all the things Greek islands will try to sell to tourists this year. As one exhibitor said "nothing new, just a few new colours."

Got depressed, seeing how cheap things are compared to the Forkcat designer handbags I am working on.

Absolutely stressing out with the new business venture:

Have printed textiles with my art and we made handmade (luxury) designer handbags. But they cost a lot to make, so they cost a lot to buy. And I am not from those circles really that spend 250-300€ on a handbag, so it seems crazy.

At the same time, I used to play Warhammer and Warhammer 40K ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

@melkathi a mattress topper is what I have now, but it's on top of a couch instead of a mattress, so upgrading to any bed with a mattress is already a big change.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

13 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Is that the standard in Australia, no permanent gas piping to a residence? Reminds me of having to refill the tank on my BBQ.

It turned out to be a storm in a tea cup, the cyclone headed west once hitting the coast (instead of the expected southerly course), so dodging the bullet I guess. It's mixed. I used to have it provided by utility companies in my previous places, but this place doesn't unfortunately. Also, I like the smaller bottles (3.7kg) for my bbq) :)

It was mostly a precaution if water and electricity supply got disrupted.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Impatiently waiting for my stevia/1g sugar Lily's dark chocolate caramel packages, because I discovered them last month and seemingly cannot ever be entirely rid of my desire for something sweet.

I also heard about another survival type game called Enshrouded, that looked like it might be more my thing (vs. Palworld at least) but per usual when I went to look at Steam - Early Access. My Steam wishlist grows longer and longer because I seem to have no interest in AAA titles and 70% (made up statistic) of smaller budget devs are early access these days (and typically remain ea for 4-5+ years). Which is fine, but I'm not getting any younger.  When I hit 65 or so, I'm not going to even wishlist ea titles anymore.  😛

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Alone in the office with the ljghts all off collaborating with the darkness.

Should play some Orthodox chanting on my phone

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

Should play some Orthodox chanting on my phone

Level up my man. Play some Orthodox techno chanting:

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 minute ago, Sarex said:

Level up my man. Play some Orthodox techno chanting:

For the wub wub of God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Super windy. No power. Tablet useless without wifi. Phone has 88% left which wont last long if media use. Tis early, 630pm, not sleepy.

Rhett Rhett whatever shall I do. 

At least toilets dont need power to flush.  😋

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Edit why did my phone double post pfft

Edited by LadyCrimson

On 9/13/2023 at 2:11 PM, Amentep said:

If you haven't been to this doctor, they may want to get a baseline for a few visits and then drop you to annual physicals unless something happens.

Or they may just want that sweet, sweet insurance money.

I had a doctor who ordered EVERY test imaginable for my annual visits. I suspect it was billing related, but was always interesting to see the results :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

59 minutes ago, Fionavar said:

I had a doctor who ordered EVERY test imaginable for my annual visits. I suspect it was billing related, but was always interesting to see the results :)

My doctor is a bit like that. A long shopping list of things for the pathology to test for 😂

But that is Ok, I'm like $35 out of pocket for that annual expense and it's nice to know that I don't suffer from anything cholesterol or diabetes related (among the long list of things being checked). Despite my childish demeanor at times, I'm not entirely young anymore 😖

So this frail old man needs to look after his body a bit, every now and then.

• Thanks 2

^ I would like some doctors like that. My experience with (Kaiser) doc's the past 10 or so years is that getting them to run any tests is like pulling your own teeth. I wonder how much being male vs. female (both re: patient and doctor) can affect that in some cases. I kinda feel like when hubby has any symptoms enough for him to seek aid, the docs pull out all the stops re: tests, scans, and possibilities and stuff. When I go in and mention something I deem peculiar or painful, I get more dismissive reactions, ibuprofen or advice to relax.  Well, except when hubby bought me in delirious/nigh unconscious, ofc. 😛 

I'm sure it's highly variable/random/depends on symptoms etc but yeah. It feels like that sometimes.

10 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

I'm sure it's highly variable/random/depends on symptoms etc but yeah. It feels like that sometimes.

There is a long history of medical doctors more readily dismissing symptoms reported by women. Goes, at the very least, all the way back to ancient Egypt and Greece. Hysteria - also known as female madness - was linked to having a sad uterus. It is also quite literally in the name, hystéra, meaning uterus.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

20 years on this forum.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm guessing a few of the oldsters are hitting 20 on here today...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

20 years on this forum.

Do you get a set of steak knives?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

20 years on this forum.

Congratulations or condolences. Both?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

14 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Do you get a set of steak knives?

A set of regrets?

Just now, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Congratulations or condolences. Both?

Both sounds accurate.

• Gasp! 1

Heja Sverige!!

18 minutes ago, Amentep said:

I'm guessing a few of the oldsters are hitting 20 on here today...

Yeah, but we're not many who still post. And Sawyer of course didn't work at Obsidian when he joined.

• Thanks 3

Heja Sverige!!