What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

At least was progressing beyond the "kill every hostile on map" approach, that made the penultimate GDI mission hell, spent too much time hunting a stealth tank hidden in some corner.  Still serviceable at the time.  SC1's writing sure got lionized to beat SC2's with by parts of the community though, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

D2...the sorceress kicked butt. Necro was ok too but I probably started/made 30+ mages and 2 to 3 of any others.

Only ever got one to 99 tho. Zillions of 8plyer cow runs, was never doing that again.  Normally Id stop around 70ish, after I finished Hell dif with one, and theyd become a mule.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 10/7/2021 at 8:27 AM, Wormerine said:

Yes, especially mission design was.... basic to say the least. Even so, I liked tone of SC1 more. SC2 is strangely conflictless for a game about 3 waring actions. I think that's why I like Wings of Liberty far better then other two - conflicts are still within factions within the universe, not magic-big-bad-guy. 

Oh yeah I still like it.  Broodwar is the best, it's kind of sad how RTS is such a dead genre now.  It was my favorite for such a long time.  I barely remember SC2s campaign so that says something

• Like 1

there is Age of Empires 4 coming out soon (and looks good). So not totally dead

also best campaign in RTS was Tiberium sun. In the name of KANE!

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Poked Baal to death. The mobs before that fight were brutal, had to run around like a chicken as they helpfully separated.  Rather surprised my merc didn't buy it fighting Baal, took the flamethrower jet to the face too. 

Returning to FM18 with Brno for now.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I really hope for you it is not in a closed truck cabin.

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

4 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

I really hope for you it is not in a closed truck cabin.

Nah, I'm home for a few days. As long as I get my OLED Switch before I get back on the road it will be fine, but it sure would be nice to have it now.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 10/7/2021 at 7:49 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Nightmare gets pretty difficult without passable gear but is at least doable, while Hell gets pretty extreme - huge resistances malus (-90) that makes you melt to most elemental attacks when you don't have piles of resistance gear, and not enough damage output can be pretty tedious...which is another reason I would only play the regular game with a sorceress to start without gear, since they're the least gear-dependent, :p.

Yeah that resist debuff is some lazy BS :lol: I'll shelve it for now, maybe will just play MP with my friend

I finished AC Odyssey yesterday, well the main quest known as " Odyssey", its a good game and a worthy successor to the successful AC franchise

Its the normal Ubisoft design with the standard repetition on  numerous gaming mechanics,  like how you clear forts,  but their is so much to do you can avoid getting bored .....most of the time. But I have to also recognize its an impressively long game if you partake in side-quests like hunting and naval exploration, I spent about 120 hours on it and I still havent finished the " kill the Kosmos  cult " other main quest

Finally Ubisoft I find always recreates the historical setting so accurately I basically feel Greek...in fact I am sure I could apply for Greek citizenship with all my additional knowledge of their ancient history :teehee: So kudos to Ubisoft for creating such  reasonable immersion and realism of  Ancient Greece 

It gets  a solid 65\100 on the globally respected " BruceVC gaming rating system " and I will be playing Valhalla in the future, I can wait 2 years or so 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 10/8/2021 at 4:49 PM, Chilloutman said:

there is Age of Empires 4 coming out soon (and looks good). So not totally dead

also best campaign in RTS was Tiberium sun. In the name of KANE!

After I said that I looked on Steam and found a kind of cool RTS survival game called "age of darkness" early access but it kind of reminds me of a "long night"(ASOIAF/game of thrones) simulator at this point.  But has some promise.

I'll give age of Empires a try but I was always real bad at it

15 hours ago, 213374U said:

Have you tried Twisted Insurrection?

nope, I didn't. I still hope for remaster as first CnC got

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 10/7/2021 at 8:07 PM, LadyCrimson said:

Necro was ok too

With 1.10 the Necromancer got a bit of a revival. Synergies make it possible to reliably spam slows on enemies that almost stop them dead in their tracks. Without gear to back it up, the only thing you can do though is rely on your summons, and that makes certain parts of the game a tad, say, tedious. Especially when you're trying to catch teleporting enemies with elemental attacks with your skeletons.

Still makes a nice co-op partner. One to bind everything, and one to kill everything.

Eh, unless that was nerfed. I haven't played Diablo 2 in... ten years. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Apparently in ToA, if you launch a chr in the air you can keep them up there for as long as you have the AP/CP to keep casting something. Making them largely untouchable....this has potential for not caring if your party members die tho. Just stay in the air as much as possible w/a character who can do that (not all can do it effectively), and you're golden.

...been mostly just grinding to make some ideal accessory's with the right attributes I want and increasing proficiencies. I may rush through the rest of the story now.  The story has become weirder and weirder and I'm not really into it at all. But the linearity of certain progress/collectables/quests means ya gotta do it some time. Then I can go back to grinding and goofing off and maybe I can beat those high lvl sidequests then.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

13 hours ago, Bokishi said:

Battlefield 2042 beta, Far Cry 6, and Hell Let Loose. Some MS Flight Simulator as well

Will probably be rocking out the OLED Switch when it arrives this week though, probably playing Zelda, Mario and Metroid

How was Far Cry 6, I completed 4 a couple of months ago and it was very entertaining 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Same as all other Ubisoft games, once you played one and explored all towers, you've played them all 🤣

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 minutes ago, Bokishi said:

Yeah pretty much ghost recon, assassins creed, watch dogs, and far cry are all the same games. The bad guy from los pollos hermanos is cool though

I like the way the " baddies " in Far Cry games always have such unique and interesting personalities ...I love Pagans eccentricities In FC4 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

Tales of Arise:

11pm last night - "I'll blow through the rest of the story."
---walk five steps, cutscene/skit, walk 5 steps, cutscene/skit, "talk to your party members/the town" for more cutscenes/skits, walk 5 steps, walk 5 steps, cutscenes etc, repeat and repeat and repeat. Maybe 10-20 minutes worth of combat in there somewhere. Same old repetitive lore/exposition dumps and "chr/lore reveals!" vs. working any of that into the previous sections of the game at all.

1:30am - "omg, is the final boss door? Finally?"
*defeat the fight*  *more long cutscenes etc*
... "We have to take the fight further! Off we go!"  ok, fine, I keep going ... walk 5 steps, cutscene/skits, "talk to people in the next map area." 😐
... *turns off the game, goes to bed*

I do think I'm very near the end but I couldn't take it anymore for one night. Honestly, you have to really love this style of presentation and lore dumping or somehow be really emotionally attached to the characters to like the story style of this game. I'm sure some do. There is also one chr. where I liked their scenes somewhat. The first third was much better paced and it goes downhill from there, imo.

Anyway, for me a game where I end up liking the gameplay a fair bit - but man, I am not replaying this ending ever again.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

I have decided to complete the Cult of Kosmos quest in AC Odyssey before I stop playing, Im on level 50 and I am literally a highly skilled killing machine that can almost walk openly into forts and defeat 6-8 enemies at a time using a combination of abilities effectively . And the high level Kosmos leaders have always irritated me with their arrogance and I want to see them die at the end of my sword :bat:

But after this I have decided to play Disco Elysium, I have heard excellent things this game. One of my bothers has heavily endorsed it and has been pressurizing me to play it

Who has played this game and what do people think about it?

John Milton 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:03 AM, majestic said:

With 1.10 the Necromancer got a bit of a revival. Synergies make it possible to reliably spam slows on enemies that almost stop them dead in their tracks. Without gear to back it up, the only thing you can do though is rely on your summons, and that makes certain parts of the game a tad, say, tedious. Especially when you're trying to catch teleporting enemies with elemental attacks with your skeletons.

Still makes a nice co-op partner. One to bind everything, and one to kill everything.

Eh, unless that was nerfed. I haven't played Diablo 2 in... ten years. :)

Curses are super useful...though my favorite usage of curses is having either a Wand of Life Tap or a Wand of Lower Resistance on the weapon swap of a sorceress. Either one increases the effectiveness of a sorceress greatly - Life Tap makes it so your mercenary can tank just about endlessly unless they're truly outmatched, while Lower Resistance...yeah, lowers enemies' elemental resistances and makes them that much more vulnerable to sorceress' already overpowered spells, :p. Sadly, Decrepify (the slowing curse) can't spawn on items with charges, :(.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.