Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

I've tried the new update now. Can't feel a difference in performance. Not sure if the game looks better than before since I haven't played it in a while. The new mechanics are working exactly how I thought - all perks reset after loading a savegame and you can relocate them. Also I got a call from Viktor who told me that "new upgrades are available" or something and that I should go and visit a ripper doc. So I went to the next one and then all my implants were reset and I've assigned new ones. The whole implants mechanic is different now - looks and feels a lot better, imo.

Also I've lost the suppressor on my revolver. Seems that suppressed revolvers are a thing of the past now.

And the clothing system completely changed too. Went to the nearest clothing shop and assigned new clothes.

Oh, shooting from vehicles seems to be working nice. Not sure yet when or if I would ever need that in regular gameplay, but will see later, I guess.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

12 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

There's a full 1.63 offline installer, and a few patches there for me.

Thank you for checking. Might be region specific, I guess? Still only the wallpapers and OST for the game.
Contacted the support about the issue.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3799212e76327f86612b1ebe43d4655d.png

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

I've tried the new update now. Can't feel a difference in performance. Not sure if the game looks better than before since I haven't played it in a while. The new mechanics are working exactly how I thought - all perks reset after loading a savegame and you can relocate them. Also I got a call from Viktor who told me that "new upgrades are available" or something and that I should go and visit a ripper doc. So I went to the next one and then all my implants were reset and I've assigned new ones. The whole implants mechanic is different now - looks and feels a lot better, imo.

Also I've lost the suppressor on my revolver. Seems that suppressed revolvers are a thing of the past now.

And the clothing system completely changed too. Went to the nearest clothing shop and assigned new clothes.

Oh, shooting from vehicles seems to be working nice. Not sure yet when or if I would ever need that in regular gameplay, but will see later, I guess.

was hoping for more cloth for a long time

all the random npc are wearing some weird stuff

4 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Thank you for checking. Might be region specific, I guess? Still only the wallpapers and OST for the game.
Contacted the support about the issue.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.3799212e76327f86612b1ebe43d4655d.png

Ah. Yes for me the download is 2.0 already from the website as well, it's Galaxy that has the older version available. Guess they don't want another 26 segments for 1.63 there and to be fair a 100GB+ download via http will not be 100% reliable.

Am I correct in assuming that the trigger for the Phantom Liberty quest chain doesn't begin until well into the game? I have 2.0 installed, If I were to start a new character now there's no chance I would get to the trigger point before Phantom Liberty releases unless I were to go FULL OTAKU, which I have no intention of doing.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Lexx said:

It's supposed to start sometime around when you get to the voodoo boys.

Can you give me an idea how far into the main questline that might be? eg, pretty early, 1/4, 1/2. 3/4 etc
Story wise I never made it farther than the, uh - trying to avoid spoilers just in case - the start of that mission with Jackie. Which I know isn't that far. I spent most of my 25-30 hrs. just farting around, as usual.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

55 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Can you give me an idea how far into the main questline that might be? eg, pretty early, 1/4, 1/2. 3/4 etc
Story wise I never made it farther than the, uh - trying to avoid spoilers just in case - the start of that mission with Jackie. Which I know isn't that far. I spent most of my 25-30 hrs. just farting around, as usual.

player could trigger it pretty early base on their choices

there will be two big main quest option after prologue

choose one with evelyn and voodoo come after that

Edited by uuuhhii

How's the later game? Enemies feel quite a bit more bullet-spongy at low levels (I started a new character), and given that there's level scaling now that's a bit of a worry.

Also seems to be impossible to sneak up on cyberpsychos now? Has anyone managed? If so I guess my pure stealth build is out of the window... :( Fighting them sure as hell isn't an option early game when you're all in on Cool. Unless they get stuck, of course...

Do get a lot more income from jobs, so that's nice, shouldn't be too hard to pay off Vic before The Heist from the looks of it.

New police system seems worse, for the way I play anyway, than before, which is a merc, not a gta-thug/cyberpsycho. Seen some pretty epic shootouts and police just ignores them entirely. They're also everywherel, and here I thought the NCPD was understaffed...

1 hour ago, marelooke said:

How's the later game? Enemies feel quite a bit more bullet-spongy at low levels (I started a new character), and given that there's level scaling now that's a bit of a worry.

Also seems to be impossible to sneak up on cyberpsychos now? Has anyone managed? If so I guess my pure stealth build is out of the window... :( Fighting them sure as hell isn't an option early game when you're all in on Cool. Unless they get stuck, of course...

Do get a lot more income from jobs, so that's nice, shouldn't be too hard to pay off Vic before The Heist from the looks of it.

New police system seems worse, for the way I play anyway, than before, which is a merc, not a gta-thug/cyberpsycho. Seen some pretty epic shootouts and police just ignores them entirely. They're also everywherel, and here I thought the NCPD was understaffed...

some cyberpsycho always have weird instant detection

the amount of car arrive at 4 star are pretty ridiculous

I didn't spend much time looking at anything, when I turned it on, but I was amused that the automobile traffic still liked to pile up here and there and just sit there for seemingly no reason. And/or would only start moving if I started to approach, that type of stuff. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Phantom Liberty is live for me. I started a new game, went with a male street kid V this time (female corpo on my first run). I'll be playing on hard this time (normal the first time). Not much time to play tonight as I have to get up early for a delivery tomorrow. 

Apropos the new ending, I haven't watched it, nor do I plan to until I actually get to it myself, but getting a bad ending feels right in a game like this. You shouldn't have a happy ending in dystopian cyberpunk. Bittersweet at best, downright soul crushing at worst.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I haven't either, just read about it. I think people who are expecting something majorly different to the theme already set in the world of cyberpunk 2077 are going to be disappointed.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

11 minutes ago, Lexx said:

That new pre order something something car is pretty nice. Probably going to be my main wheels for a while.

I favored motorcycles in my first playthrough. I was a fan of the Yaiba Kusanagi CT-3X, not only because it was the fastest motorcycle in the game (though not the fastest vehicle) but also because it sort of looks like Kaneda's iconic motorcycle from Akira. Phantom Liberty has a bunch of new vehicles so who knows what I wind up liking the best.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Started a new Corpo V with Tech/Cool and later some Int (or maybe earlier if I feel like it) for the addon. Playing on hard, which so far is... not, although all I've done so far are NPCD scanner hustles and the gig where you steal back someone's eye, but even the larger organized crime hustles are not too difficult. The new grenade system is super powerful. Just as long as you stay mobile and don't run into an exposed area without the extra mitigation from sprinting perk it's fine.

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Well my rig can still run it, so that's something. Reloaded an old save to play Phantom Liberty, but maybe should start wholly fresh.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Public Service Announcement: Feel free to beat the $#!+ out of Fingers, there's now no downside.

I'll try to be as spoiler-free as possible. Fingers is an absolutely deplorable character you meet. You have the option to rough him up or not. Roughing him up formerly locked you out of some of the best cybernetics, though, as he's a ripperdoc and he, understandably, won't do business with you if you beat his ass. However, with the 2.0 update the cybernetics once only available through him are now available elsewhere, so go ahead and bust him up real good, if you so wish.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸