Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

The sidequests are amusing, the one with the moron cops and the obsessive fan were the best.  Just about to start the endgame of the DLC I guess.  Will stick with Myers as hey, I took an oath.  Also will piss off Johnny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After one playthrough of PL it seems that CDP is slowly giving up on RPG mechanics.
Level scaling, limited itemization and simpler skill tree.

In exchange they added QTEs in boss fights and still force you into them no matter the build.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmp10 said:

After one playthrough of PL it seems that CDP is slowly giving up on RPG mechanics.
Level scaling, limited itemization and simpler skill tree.

In exchange they added QTEs in boss fights and still force you into them no matter the build.

Both Witcher3 and Cyberpunk were mostly narrative action games anyway. If judged as RPGs both games were horrendous. From what I have seen of the new skill tree it seems like a big improvement - the old one was rather dull and not meshing well with action gameplay. Old system had a lot of nodes, but most of them were filler anyway.

• Like 1

I'm taking it slowly, relearning the mechanics as I haven't played the game since April last year, and not seriously since the year before. Started by making a throwaway character to play part of the prologue with, going through all the tutorials and such with a blank slate. But there's too much content for me to bother re-doing to take this character seriously, and the advanced start likely skips too much for me to be able to build any sense of character, so it was always the intention for me to resume my old save.

As of yesterday I've done that. I've probably split my attribute points too thin for the new system, but they're not refunded by 2.0 so I'll play around with it as-is for now. Doing a few base-game sidequests first to get my bearings (when I loaded the save up I was sneaking around my own apartment because I didn't recognise where I was) before I start the Phantom Liberty content.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Ok, finished the main game as well again. This time I went with Panam. Have to say it feels like this is probably the "best" ending. Or rather, the one with the most happy endings.

Really sucks that there is no NG+. Kinda want to play the game from start again, but having to assemble all clothes and gear again ... bleh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Ok, finished the main game as well again. This time I went with Panam. Have to say it feels like this is probably the "best" ending. Or rather, the one with the most happy endings.

Really sucks that there is no NG+. Kinda want to play the game from start again, but having to assemble all clothes and gear again ... bleh.

not sure why there are no new game plus at this point since every enemy can scale off level 60 character

Yeah, makes no sense to me. Truth told, I wouldn't even care if all my gear resets to tier 1. I just want to keep my clothes and weapons, that's all. ;( Now on a second playthrough I can't really enjoy it, because I feel forced to grind asap to get the cool stuff again. And once I got my cool stuff again, like half the games content is already finished.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

26 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Yeah, makes no sense to me. Truth told, I wouldn't even care if all my gear resets to tier 1. I just want to keep my clothes and weapons, that's all. ;( Now on a second playthrough I can't really enjoy it, because I feel forced to grind asap to get the cool stuff again. And once I got my cool stuff again, like half the games content is already finished.

just buying the fancy cloth is difficult in new game

especially the dlc one

cloth vendor also doesn't have all their stock for sell at once

very frustrating 

Bit of the opposite for me, I wish I could more easily filter out the useless orange/purple clothes and dispose of them, whether they be in my bags, my wardrobe, or are yet to be looted. Always a massive letdown to see the rare loot icon only to find out it's just clothes.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well, you can always break them down to extra crafting materials. It's pretty much how I was able to get all my important weapons and implants to ++ state.

2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

sometimes non lethal weapon still kill enemy

not sure why

Might be hitting them 1 too many times... I believe if they are downed, and you hit them again it will kill them.  Pretty sure it happened to me, and now I'm super careful when they are low on health

23 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

Might be hitting them 1 too many times... I believe if they are downed, and you hit them again it will kill them.  Pretty sure it happened to me, and now I'm super careful when they are low on health

no 

one head shot each

tested a lot some time holster weapon and pull out again make them non lethal again

such weird bug

I gave up on non-lethal weapons. If I need someone to survive, I'll stealth-strangle them. With the cyberpsychos I track their HP and try to not shoot them too much when they are about to die.

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

I gave up on non-lethal weapons. If I need someone to survive, I'll stealth-strangle them. With the cyberpsychos I track their HP and try to not shoot them too much when they are about to die.

hope cdpr just add a non lethal cyberware

it worked before

Probably not going to happen at this point. Personally I'm just happy that stealth got fixed. I remember when playing the first time that saving in an enemy hideout was a bad idea, since on reload you could trigger the detection and your cover is blown.

Started another playthrough yesterday. Went with the new "start at level 15"-option but instead of going right into Phantom Liberty, decided to do some more leveling first due to the level scaling with the item drops. Made it to level 26 already now. Goes quite fast, don't even have to do much for it. Just some gigs here and there, some side tasks, etc. and done. What I found out from doing this ... making money is a lot easier now. It took me like 1 or 2 hours until I had my first 100k eddies. Went to a ripper doc to start upgrading my gear. Could pretty much pick whatever I wanted since I had the spare change. Right now I'm hovering at around 100k again ... no need to upgrade cybergear again now, in 5 levels I'll get better stuff anyways. And this brings me to another point ...

... there is no reason to buy any weapon in stores anymore. Unless it's some iconic item, just forget it. You can't upgrade regular items anymore anyways, so in just a few levels later you will find something that does more damage and it costs you nothing. The game throws those weapons at you with every ganger you'll blast to scraps. Better to save the money for buying cars, clothes, and cyberwear, like god intended.

Because of the level scaling. I can now pretty much do any task at any point. Before the 2.0 update. I had to carefully evaluate which task to pick and which to skip for now ("check the skulls") ... now I'll just do whatever is closest to me. It's like grinding down a checklist. Not sure if I like that. It also explains why I'm advancing in levels so fast. There's no point in the selection anymore, just do whatever is nearby. Saves lots of driving time through the city.

One more thing... Is it just me or is the radio barely noticeable? First it seems the audio is quite low, even though I maxed it out. Second, I rarely manage to listen to a single song, since my travel time is usually super short. Those news announcements etc. feel kinda sparse as well. Even with the new Sasha Grey radio station. Barely ever hear anything out of it. Generally I think the radio is ok, but gotta say even the million years old Vice City did radio channels better.

Anyways.. just some thoughts from someone who has sunk a crapton of hours into the game since last week.

You're not imagining things with the radio station, they're releasing a patch for it.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I was sifting thru Steam Library and noticed something. I had full-reinstalled the entire game. Apparently I got free Achievements just for that?  😄
They're the only two that Steam lists I have for the game and I "achieved" them same day I reinstalled it. Not that I care, but did achievement borking/resetting happen to many or anything? lol

FreeAchieve.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Patch 2.01 is out.

Phantom Liberty-specific
Balls to the Wall - When talking to Paco, repeating the blue dialogue option from the Corpo lifepath will no longer block progress.
Dog Eat Dog - Fixed an issue where it was possible to earn multiple Relic points by triggering the first meeting with Songbird more than once.
Firestarter - Fixed an issue that could cause V to get stuck in the wall or roof after performing a Finisher on Kurt Hansen.
Moving Heat
Fixed an issue that could cause all traffic to disappear after completing the quest.
Fixed an issue where triggering combat in the garage in specific scenarios could cause various disruptions to quest flow.
New Person, Same Old Mistakes - Fixed an issue where the gate to Bill's hot dog stand was closed.
Somewhat Damaged
Fixed an issue preventing the player from scanning the Neural Network system.
Various fixes for devices in the bunker.
The Killing Moon - Fixed an issue that caused the doors leading to the shuttle to not open.
You Know My Name
Fixed an issue where V could remain connected to the sniper nest, blocking quest progress, after repeatedly switching cameras at the end of the sequence.
Reed will now wear his party outfit during the dialogue with Songbird.
Addressed an issue where some phone calls necessary to continue the main story began with a delay.
Various visual fixes for animations, lighting, scenes, VFX, and more.
Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.

Quests & Open World
Automatic Love - The distortion effect caused by talking to Johnny and selecting a specific dialogue option at the end of the quest will no longer persist on the screen.
Ghost Town - Fixed an issue where the quest could get stuck on the "Defeat Nash and his people" objective if the game was saved during combat prior to Update 2.0.
Gig: Breaking News
Fixed an issue where Ted Fox's car didn't spawn.
Fixed an issue where the gig wouldn't trigger after approaching the quest area.
Gig: Going-Away Party - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to get in the car with Flavio because it spawned underground.
Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away - Fixed an issue where the Militech SUV spawned underground.
Killing in the Name
Fixed an issue where leaving the quest unfinished could block clue scanning, preventing the player from progressing in many quests.
Fixed an issue where the Bartmoss Collective website wasn't visible in some cases.
Playing for Time - Fixed an issue where healing and radio icons disappeared from the HUD after the car chase with Takemura.
Space Oddity - Fixed an issue where the quest didn't activate if the location was approached prior to Update 2.0.
The Heist
Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn't present in front of the Afterlife.
Fixed an issue where, when riding the elevator to the 42nd floor with low FPS, V could fall through the floor and die.
The Prophet's Song - Fixed an issue where completing the quest could cause the police system to turn a blind eye to V's crimes.
The Ripperdoc - Fixed an issue where, if the player got into the driver's seat from the passenger seat, Jackie would return to the noodle stand and refuse to drive to the ripperdoc.
Fixed an issue where NCPD Scanner Hustles could remain uncompleted even after looting the necessary containers.
Fixed an issue where some Iconic weapons wouldn't appear on wall of the Stash in V's apartment.
Lowered the value of the Attribute check required to enter the area where the Thermal Katana can be looted.

Gameplay
Made it possible to properly switch to Arm cyberware by cycling through weapons.
Addressed an issue that could cause V to become invulnerable to all damage.
A wrecked NCPD cruiser without wheels won't be patrolling the streets of Night City anymore.
Fixed an issue where some obsolete mods in the Inventory and Stash weren't properly exchanged for a new weapon mod.
Fixed an issue where weapons obtained pre-Update 2.0 could have a Tier that's too high when compared to the player's level.
Removed various obsolete Crafting Specs.
Disassembling a Budget Arms Slaught-O-Matic will now give 1 crafting component.

PC-specific
Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing on keyboard and mouse.
Players unable to get achievements due to an issue that prevented Phantom Liberty achievements from unlocking on PC before a backend fix implemented on the day of the release will have them retroactively unlocked after loading a save from that playthrough.
Improved image quality of DLSS Ray Reconstruction in the Ultra Performance setting.

Miscellaneous
Various crash fixes.
Vehicle radio volume has been adjusted so it's no longer too quiet compared to other sounds in the game. If you've turned down the volume of other sounds in order to better hear the radio, you may want to re-adjust the volume before you continue playing.
Added sounds for the Basilisk that were missing.
Fixed an issue where the player could earn an infinite score in Trauma Drama by shooting at enemies dropping from a helicopter repeatedly.
Growl FM and Dark Star websites will now be visible when playing without Phantom Liberty.
Fixed an issue where disconnecting the internet didn't result in an error message being displayed in My Rewards and Cross Progression tabs.
The song History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation will now be disabled when the "Disable Copyrighted Music" option is turned on.
Fixed an issue where hair didn't cast shadows when Ray Tracing was enabled.
Players who pre-ordered Phantom Liberty but didn't get the Quadra Sport R-7 "Vigilante" will now receive it.
Several improvements and changes to Ukrainian localization, including fixes for lines where the translation lost its original meaning.

REDmod
Fixed an issue where tweak mods would not compile in REDmod.
Added Phantom Liberty support to REDmod.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm enjoying the game, but I feel like I've been playing too much and I'm enjoying it less as I go.

I'm almost level 50 and at this point I wish this was a hub based game.  I enjoyed the open world for a while, but it's mostly just annoying traveling from gig to gig at this point.

The only thing I outright don't like are those car stealing/delivery missions.  Cars handle like ass (I only ever use motorcycles outside of missions where you have to drive a car/truck) and the combat in vehicles is just lock on and press fire.

Also my computer is dying slowly ad I binge this game.

Story and characters are very good though.  Even throw away characters have more to them than some other games companion characters.... won't mention what game that is... for the sake of my self restriction on trolling 😉

• Like 2

Finished the DLC, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to get sold out.  But I guess I will try the new ending, assuming I didn't lock myself out, at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Finished the DLC, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to get sold out.  But I guess I will try the new ending, assuming I didn't lock myself out, at least.

Spoiler

Only siding with songbird all the way to the end will lock you out of the new ending.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP