Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

Car delivery task timers are completely bonkers. The tasks are randomly generated and the timer calculation doesn't understand what's going on, so it gives you those weird limits that you will never be able to make. However, as far as I've learned, it only reduces your money reward a little bit, and at this point in the game it really doesn't matter much anymore.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

31 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Car delivery task timers are completely bonkers. The tasks are randomly generated and the timer calculation doesn't understand what's going on, so it gives you those weird limits that you will never be able to make. However, as far as I've learned, it only reduces your money reward a little bit, and at this point in the game it really doesn't matter much anymore.

Yeah, got one where I had to drive from Pacifica to the ass-end of Watson in under three minutes, in a pickup truck. That would have been close as the bird flies, never mind driving through the city.

Anyway, I started Escape from New York Night City. So far so good.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Tried the other endings, have to say I didn't enjoy the quest running around that bunker, the part where you have to break the firewalls was annoying with the killer robot popping up.  Good job making the trans-Blackwall AIs creepy though. 

The Hansen fight is also a bitch, luckily he stood in a doorway and let me plink him to death.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I went with song.  Because I just felt bad for her.  I think I might reload just so I see the new ending.   I actually did restart once, at first I was going to side with Reed... but then Alex got killed so I was like "fuuuck that".  Half the reason I chose to betray song the first time, was because she wanted to leave Alex and Reed to fend for themselves...  thinking this would kill Alex (who seemed the most innocent of the bunch).  Turns out it's the other way around.

I really like how difficult the ending choice is.

Also I'm assuming nothing really changes in the other endings if I save song.  Which will kind of bug me because isn't the government after me?

If I choose to go with panam, wouldn't that doom their whole group?  You'd think so.

I really hate myers though...  Reed is so lawful it's annoying, but otherwise he is likable.

Edited by Theonlygarby

Forgot to mention that I made a selfie with the top band Us Crack and music legend Kerry Eurodyne.

Spoiler

o68aGWA.png

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I finally got into Dogtown. I had the opportunity long ago but I wound up doing a bunch of other side stuff. Holy smokes was that a lengthy series of setpieces. They were cool setpieces but it drives me nuts when an open world game straps you into a 3 hour long setpiece and there's nothing else you can do but see it through to the end. It just keeps going and going and going and going and I'm like "can I please get the **** off this ride and back to being able to do whatever I want?"

Anyway, I like Myers. I don't completely trust her, but she makes a great first impression. Songbird, on the other hand, I don't trust one bit.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished The game went with the new ending.

it's depressing.  Panam won't talk to you (if you romance her) and you are basically useless going forward... but alive so... that's nice.  It's also very anti climactic.  No final boss... you can't even run anymore, everyone has moved on with their life

Story wise the individual stories are great.  There is just a bit of a disconnect (personally) with who V is.  The new ending makes the most sense for how I'd imagine V would act.  Vs objective has always been to find the cure.

why would V side with song in the end.  She has lied and used you every step of the way.  No matter how much of a "good" V you try to be, V is a killer,, one that will do anything to survive.  It's the choice I wanted to make, but it just didn't make much sense for V to make that decision.

Anyway, I liked it.  Around 50 hours and I was only getting bored for the last 5 or so.

22 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I finally got into Dogtown. I had the opportunity long ago but I wound up doing a bunch of other side stuff. Holy smokes was that a lengthy series of setpieces. They were cool setpieces but it drives me nuts when an open world game straps you into a 3 hour long setpiece and there's nothing else you can do but see it through to the end. It just keeps going and going and going and going and I'm like "can I please get the **** off this ride and back to being able to do whatever I want?"

Anyway, I like Myers. I don't completely trust her, but she makes a great first impression. Songbird, on the other hand, I don't trust one bit.

the car park part is far too long

player should reach the market far sooner and get a few very short side quest in it

• Like 2

Solo definitely increases with melee combat. I am running a gorilla arms build so most of my combat encounters are me charging in and punching chumps really really really hard and I rank up in solo constantly.

Side-note: The gorilla arms finishers are BRUTAL.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The skills all increase with abilities and weapons of their associated stats, the perks are pretty good at telling you what you need to use to gain experience.

Shinobi you get for using assault rifles, SMGs and blades, Solo for blunt weapons, LMGs and shotguns, Engineer for doing things with technical ability and grenades, Netrunner for hacking and the access point minigame and Headhunter for killing with sniper rifles, pistols, revolvers and throwing knives.

Then there's some overlap. Tech weapons give you experience for their respective skill as well as Engineer, while smart weapons give experience for their associated stat as well as Netrunner.

No need to worry about skills too much, they come while playing the game anyway. Getting them all to the extra perk point threshold is fairly pointless in my experience. Plenty of perk points and no real synergy between the trees outside of picking supporting perks. Trick out Technical Ability and your weapon category of choice and you're good.

That all said, throwing knives are ridiculously powerful, and they're really fun. Just use them. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Thanks 1

Also not to forget, you can refund perks at any point in the game. So whatever playstyle you want to do, you can pretty much change your perks whenever you like or need.

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Gorilla arms + berserk might be OP. I am straight up wrecking everybody and I'm playing on hard difficulty.

I think that's when I stopped having fun.  Early on I was being tactical and trying hard... then by the end I just ran up and smashed people with little effort....  when I had 20 cool points I could basically just sneak right passed people directly in their line of sight, and as long as I didn't stop there they wouldn't notice me (senpai)

That's not really a problem, I even make sure to execute peeps that accidentially survived after I massacre my way through any given location. No loose ends. :p The few instances where you need people alive, like the Buddhist side job or the cyberpsychos, well, that's what overheat or incendiary grenades are made for - or non-lethal takedowns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Almost everything is OP in late game. The only thing still giving me some issues are those boss encounter, everything else is just ez. Pretty much what I noted already in one of my earlier posts. The level scaling makes it so that once you hit a certain threshold, everything is just easy and plays out always the same.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, majestic said:

I even make sure to execute peeps that accidentially survived after I massacre my way through any given location

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

One of the odd little changes with 2.0 is that dumping bodies in a ...well, dumpster, is now explicitly lethal. Not that it makes any mechanical difference to gameplay as they were never climbing out of that dumpster anyway even pre-patch, but yeah, odd.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Apparently they changed it because dumping bodies into them was always lethal, since they have no way of tracking unconscious bodies in those containers (my guess is because the character just gets deleted when inside, but dunno).

Yeah, fairly edge case because there are very few quests with the optional objective of not killing anyone, and in any other situation it would not make any mechanical difference whatsoever.

There is some tracking though - at least a singular counter - because I think those containers have a finite capacity of corpses. ;)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Did the new ending, was worth it to tell Johnny off. 

• Haha 1