What you did today?

Gorth

feral: the children raised by wolves

worst case scenario is you let your dogs raise the child. your dogs, not our dogs. one o' our dogs is afraid o' any loud noise including heavy wind and/or rain as well as the infrequent distant plane flying overhead; finds nearest room corner and shivers. one likes to roll in p00p. one dog likes to eat p00p. the smartest o' the four (not a border collie... go figure) is also the smallest and is an absolute menace to quail and killdeer fledglings as he has a preternatural ability to catch and swallow such whole. 

good luck

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Today is election day in South Africa, I am registered to vote in JHB and since I have just moved to Cape Town I wont be able to vote provincially but I can vote nationally 

We have 48 parties to choose from....its  a ridiculous, unnecessary amount and all the new smaller parties I dont think will get enough votes to play a meaningful role in national or provincial ruling 

I will be voting for the Democratic Alliance, I wanted to vote for the ANC but any Democracy needs a real opposition and after the corruption of the previous president and the last 8 years we need viable opposition parties to ensure accountability and the ruling party, which will be the ANC overall by a smaller margin, needs to be aware it can be challenged 

So my voting choice is not about the various polices but purely about the numbers game 🤓

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bela has finally settled in and gotten comfortable. She started climbing into the bed at night. Sunny has never done that. She's allowed but she seems to like the dog bed in from of the living room window. She (Bela) is getting a dental cleaning today then I'm taking both of my girls to Meeman Shelby park to do dog stuff. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Some day the US will catch up with pat/mat leave 😛

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been pretty dang anxious the last couple days. I also have been super hungry and a bit lightheaded, which made me worry I was getting sick, but I think it just means I need to eat more. 

9 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

Hear me, progenitors of the board! Give me your advice, since me and the missus are apparently expecting a hellspawn of our own.

Stock up on sleep and social time. You will be a tired hermit for awhile afterwards.

• Thanks 1

Grats TrueNeutral.

We shall make virtual votive offerings to the grand high poobahs of the Net in aid of blessing the spawn.

• Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

Some day the US will catch up with pat/mat leave 😛

Are you expecting them to just pay for it? ;)

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Grats!

How much off time do you guys get? 6 mo? 1 year?

Well I'm neither TN nor from the Netherlands but their maternity leave is... terrible. A contender for the worst in the EU.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

17 minutes ago, majestic said:

My wife's best friend back in Estonia got a year and the father got a month or two. In that case though I think it was their employer who had a more generous policy than the law dictates which I think is closer to 6 months for the mom and 2 weeks for the dad.

My only option was unpaid FMLA leave because I had to go into the hole with PTO during the shutdown (company policy) and my wife's is just vacation days because her company is too small for any federal requirements.

Free games updated 3/4/21

4 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Stock up on sleep and social time. You will be a tired hermit for awhile afterwards.

Tired hermit is my natural state anyway. How much worse could it be? *cough*

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Grats!

How much off time do you guys get? 6 mo? 1 year?

I haven't the faintest. Time to start figuring this stuff out. Google has my back though! https://dutchreview.com/expat/health/maternity-leave-in-the-netherlands/

Thanks for the gratzes fellas.

Congrats TN, you slipped one past the goalie!

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Congrats mate! :)

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

19 hours ago, TrueNeutral said:

Hear me, progenitors of the board! Give me your advice, since me and the missus are apparently expecting a hellspawn of our own.

Well, now your life is truly over.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What will be awesome when all you people's kids take over this forum one day. And we have little-hurlshot and tiny-hurlshot and tiny-trueneutral and tinyshadysands talking about random vidgy game news.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).