RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Anyway. Amplitude have released two new DLCs for Endless Space 2. Harmonic Memories and Celestial Worlds are a coffee-priced music and story pack, respectively. I didn't play the last proper DLC so this is as good an excuse as any to revisit ES2, and it'll keep me busy until Megacorp drops. Hey, at least it's not glorified gambling.

In a new huuuuge quest line featuring 14 chapters and multiple endings, Isyander begins to lose his grip on Academy operations. Restless heroes start to make their own decisions, as they realize Unique Planets are sources of power that could be anybody’s property… Places to be, people to meet.

Aww, Amplitude knows exactly the right words to say!

Sunset Overdrive is $19.99 on Steam, looks like Microsoft isn't focusing on Windows Store as much as people think after all...

If you enjoyed Spider-Man and games like Ratchet & Clank series, you'll probably love this one since it's a mixture of the two formulas. By far my favorite Xbox Exclusive, it feels more like a PS4 exclusive lol

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Sounds very Deus Ex :p Pretty neat.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I also had zero interest in the new "Witcher". So CDPR is starting to show the first signs of the insulation that is common in excessively successful devs? Incipient Bioware syndrome?

Anyway. Amplitude have released two new DLCs for Endless Space 2. Harmonic Memories and Celestial Worlds are a coffee-priced music and story pack, respectively. I didn't play the last proper DLC so this is as good an excuse as any to revisit ES2, and it'll keep me busy until Megacorp drops. Hey, at least it's not glorified gambling.

CDPR is just investing efficiently in guarenteed returns which helps to attract long-term investment. It amortizes the performance of peoples investments and helps yield more consistent dividents. Thus people stay invested. (Many investors have to pull investments due to life needs when they really want to vote with their wallets.)

As long as CDPR doesn't gut their heavy hitting development teams just because they have lower margins than some side team, the I think they'll maintain their current philosophy. A lot of devs when they lose the old guard start to let margins drive what the company produces, which is essentially shifting the business from funding something of high intrinsic value to something that has a return value through consumer wealth extraction via inflated pricing. I still trust the upper rungs of CDPR for the time being, and I think they'll be able to convince the shareholders to run the Rockstar production model (high/long investment for high return) for the foreseeable future. Albeit CDPR mostly references pre-GTAOnline Rockstar in their financial structuring back pre-TW3 when they were planning that game as the 2077 franchise. The whole, no annual always rotating through IP long dev cycle sort of studio. Their investment in that direction will give them a lot of locked in momentum to stay that course as well.

Seeing as rpgs have such a strong history of storytelling, but with not everyone being hardcore enthusiasts over mechanics and gameplay, being able to split off a story-centric digital experience off of what was a split-off deep dive of a card game mini-game within a major rpg, is not a terrible business strategy. It also demonstrates that these sorts of products are highly dependent on a core reputable product that defines the IP. In the case of CDPR even their major titles are all further backed by prior art.

We can breath for the time being.

I've also read in multiple places online that CDPR already has another new RPG in development to follow Cyberpunk, a new IP that has nothing to do with the Witcher franchise.

Huh, didn't know there was another new IP in the works. I heard rumors of another Witcher game (not starring Geralt) was on the table. I think most people assumed a Ciri game, but it could be anything really. I know Marcin Iwiński has referred to plans for Cyberpunk "2078" and "2079" and if they are trying to round robin on IPs then it makes sense that they'd want something else in the pipeline. The Witcher probably needs to rest as a franchise for a little while anyways.

Also the round-robin pipeline I does not include the smaller companion / mobile games. That truly just is garnish on the business model.

"I spent hundreds of hours alone in the snowy mountains just surviving. Eating, fishing, hunting, etc. I enjoy the ultra-slow pacing of the game"

"I'm fine with all the Red Dead haters, means less a-holes and squeekers on the online mode"

"People now days have the attention span of a gnat"

"The game has more freedom abd agency than any pc rpg or mand is more complex than any rts. It will make any game you've played seem casual. Not for everyone."

"It doesn't have a huge learning curve, there's just so much thungs you can do ahd a reason for everything. You can't just stomp on the ai because the ai is actually smart in the game."

All these comments are very true, and the video shows off some great situations on how the game handles the player unlike any other game.

Star Wars Episode 1 Pod Racer (one of the best Star Wars games ever made) and Sam & Max Hit The Road are now available on Steam.

Because they can.

Because designed by idjits?

Also; While people were worried that a mmo Fallout would have the wrong feel because of there being to many people called "xxWobbleD*icxx" jumping around and lolling, completely eliminating NPC's is hardly the right move.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Fallout 76?!

Pffft...I still haven't finished Fallout 4. :p

I don't think I'll ever touch it. I'd rather spend the time cleaning up my backlog or replaying favorites. The grind is too much to bear.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Fallout 76?!

I don't think I'll ever touch it. I'd rather spend the time cleaning up my backlog or replaying favorites. The grind is too much to bear.

Fallout 76 looks like it's shaping up to be the trainwreck everyone who's ever played a Bethesda Game Studios game expected it to be anyway.

Now the question is whether the game will survive until modding support gets added (one year down the line) and in how far modders will be able to fix Bethesda's disaster this time around with the always online and stuff...

Fallout 76?!

Fallout 76 looks like it's shaping up to be the trainwreck everyone who's ever played a Bethesda Game Studios game expected it to be anyway.

Now the question is whether the game will survive until modding support gets added (one year down the line) and in how far modders will be able to fix Bethesda's disaster this time around with the always online and stuff...

But how can you mod a 'always online MMO shooter'?

They said the plan was to add private servers and instances (as well as modding support) ~one year after launch.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Probably everyone missed it, but Dissidia NT after losing most of the playerbase is going F2P. At least in Japan for now. Can't find the article about west yet.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

They said the plan was to add private servers and instances (as well as modding support) ~one year after launch.

So they released a shell of a game and are going to add in the features everyone wanted at launch a year later. I call this the No Man's Sky method.
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's why I can't support MMO's. Blizzard's World Of Warcraft is another example - yet somehow manages to get a free ticket for whatever reasons the fanbase excuse it with.

Anyhoot,

Escape From Monkey Island is now on Steam. Give a hoot or if you don't, I'm slipping a spoiled nut in your meal tonight.

So they released a shell of a game and are going to add in the features everyone wanted at launch a year later. I call this the No Man's Sky method.

Never played NMS, so I don't know how it worked in that game, but I suspect that Bethesda's idea is to kill any competition to their paid mods scheme, or at the very least, secure a substantial head start.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Except that I doubt they'll add in NPCs and something resembling a story after the fact.

Given the pace at which the modding community created the tools (and figures out the systems) for modding Fallout 4 I expect "major" mods to start appearing 2 to 3 years after releasing the modding tools (assuming said tools are anywhere near usable)

Assuming they won't impose severe limits on what modders can do. I mean, the entire idea of the game was to jump on the "games as a service" micro-transaction train, after all...

Buuuut, we have another 2 years to see how this pans out, if they manage to turn the game around somehow (I think the core premise is broken, so I don't have high hopes) we'll at least be able to pick it up for a more reasonable price.

That tactic worked fine for Fallout 4 after all. I mean that game's still a broken mess, but modding support turned it into quite the fun sandbox, many of the big issues (that aren't engine related) got worked out and I got it pretty darn cheap too.

Escape From Monkey Island is now on Steam. Give a hoot or if you don't, I'm slipping a spoiled nut in your meal tonight.

I also noticed 'Sam & Max Hit the Road' which wasn't available on Steam before.

I also noticed 'Sam & Max Hit the Road' which wasn't available on Steam before.
Yarp along with Star Wars Pod Racer and a few other things :)