What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Still the new Spider-Man on PS4, I wouldn't doubt if this game surprised everyone and won more game awards than Octopath and Deadfire at VGA.

Although the combat is very similar to Arkham, it's also much faster and much easier to die. You will die alot, even on the easiest "Friendly Neighborhood" difficulty.

Unlocking suits also unlocks new powers and you are able to craft new gear that you acquire through finding/retrieving collectables hidden throughout the open world. I don't think most people who are playing the game actually realize that the game's collectable structure/system (not locations of them) is identical to Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I like this.

There are bases for you to capture, newspapers to collect, backpacks to find, research station missions, challenge missions on top of the side missions, crime-waves, a secondary storyline and the main story. The game is packed woth content open world Lego game style and it shows. The only thing that's missing from that classic open-world Lego formula would be races and that's likely only because the game is single player.

Controls are hit and miss, perfection in combat but traversal is a bit boggy. This is a side-effect of having so many damn moves and animations while running and swinging.

The open world is full of life, there's not really anything bad anyone can say about it. Put's GTAV and Watch Dogs 2 to shame, you can see cops arresting criminals, chasing stolen cars, giving people tickets, people will chase you down if they don't like you, or ask you for an autograph. Stop by to help serve at the soup kitchen, interupt a backetball game... It is lively. And if police ask for help and you say yes and bail, it ruins your reputation. It affects you later but I can't spoil just how exactly.

Day/Night cycle? Yes, there is one... but it's not what you'd think. The day/night only changes according to where you are in the storyline, meaning that you can run around in the open world forever but the sun/moon won't move. So maybe there is something people will complain about as far as the open world after all :p

Main story and side missions are not replayable after you beat them but there's a good reason for it. NYC is always changing, if you fight a boss and it blows up the building where you did a mission, it well, if that, nevermind.

I've updated the game, fixed some graphical glitches and frame issues but loading is still annoying. Every time you go into or out of a building, there will be loading screen.

Graphically, one of the best I've ever seen. This should not surprise anyone since it's a Sony exclusive with an engine built ground up for PS4 hardware. Just as any other exclusive on PS4, kicks the crap out of anything on Xbox One or PC. Putting that old laptop hardware and cores to good use I guess. It's nice I can pause the game, go to photo mode, zoom in 200x and see every stitch/thread on clothing or pore on a person's face in real time. The engine is that good :)

Sound is good, cinematic through a 5.1 DTS system. Nothing to complain about.

#PS4GreaterGamesAwait

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Still playing Octopath Traveler, I don't get around to do much playing at the moment. All my characters are in their chapter 4 now and I've unlocked all regular secondary jobs.

Oh, and I walked into the Devourer of Men unprepared. That wasn't... pretty. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Finished Destiny 2 to my satisfaction. It was very good. I could see myself running through it again another time.

On to Spider-Man! I love the Scarlet Spider costume. The Advanced Suit seems a little too sporty. I keep expecting to see a Nike swoosh on it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still the new Spider-Man on PS4, I wouldn't doubt if this game surprised everyone and won more game awards than Octopath and Deadfire at VGA.

Although the combat is very similar to Arkham, it's also much faster and much easier to die. You will die alot, even on the easiest "Friendly Neighborhood" difficulty.

Unlocking suits also unlocks new powers and you are able to craft new gear that you acquire through finding/retrieving collectables hidden throughout the open world. I don't think most people who are playing the game actually realize that the game's collectable structure/system (not locations of them) is identical to Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I like this.

There are bases for you to capture, newspapers to collect, backpacks to find, research station missions, challenge missions on top of the side missions, crime-waves, a secondary storyline and the main story. The game is packed woth content open world Lego game style and it shows. The only thing that's missing from that classic open-world Lego formula would be races and that's likely only because the game is single player.

Controls are hit and miss, perfection in combat but traversal is a bit boggy. This is a side-effect of having so many damn moves and animations while running and swinging.

The open world is full of life, there's not really anything bad anyone can say about it. Put's GTAV and Watch Dogs 2 to shame, you can see cops arresting criminals, chasing stolen cars, giving people tickets, people will chase you down if they don't like you, or ask you for an autograph. Stop by to help serve at the soup kitchen, interupt a backetball game... It is lively. And if police ask for help and you say yes and bail, it ruins your reputation. It affects you later but I can't spoil just how exactly.

Day/Night cycle? Yes, there is one... but it's not what you'd think. The day/night only changes according to where you are in the storyline, meaning that you can run around in the open world forever but the sun/moon won't move. So maybe there is something people will complain about as far as the open world after all :p

Main story and side missions are not replayable after you beat them but there's a good reason for it. NYC is always changing, if you fight a boss and it blows up the building where you did a mission, it well, if that, nevermind.

I've updated the game, fixed some graphical glitches and frame issues but loading is still annoying. Every time you go into or out of a building, there will be loading screen.

Graphically, one of the best I've ever seen. This should not surprise anyone since it's a Sony exclusive with an engine built ground up for PS4 hardware. Just as any other exclusive on PS4, kicks the crap out of anything on Xbox One or PC. Putting that old laptop hardware and cores to good use I guess. It's nice I can pause the game, go to photo mode, zoom in 200x and see every stitch/thread on clothing or pore on a person's face in real time. The engine is that good :)

Sound is good, cinematic through a 5.1 DTS system. Nothing to complain about.

#PS4GreaterGamesAwait

I think you lost me at "easier to die".

I suck at twitch gaming.  The Arkham combat (on the easier levels) was about on par for what I can handle in these action games.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kinda ran out of steam in Octopath after collecting a party of three. There's just too much busywork in the game, which while it may appeal to completionists and traditionalists, just bores me. I really dislike how I'm incentivised to scrutinise, provoke or attempt to barter with every single NPC in every single town, and that's just with 3/8ths of the available characters, who knows what actions the others will add to the chores?

Sure, I could ignore that "content" but then I'll end up poorer and weaker, have worse gear, and end up having to grind to make up for it. Meh.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yeah, I'm having surprising difficulty at times in Spider-Man. Thugs are a lot more willing to gang up on you all at once than in the Arkham games. But that's because Spidey can do air combos Batman couldn't, probably.

And the prompt to dodge/counter is a lot harder to notice. It's white for dodge and light blue for the counter window.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Kinda ran out of steam in Octopath after collecting a party of three. There's just too much busywork in the game, which while it may appeal to completionists and traditionalists, just bores me. I really dislike how I'm incentivised to scrutinise, provoke or attempt to barter with every single NPC in every single town, and that's just with 3/8ths of the available characters, who knows what actions the others will add to the chores?

Sure, I could ignore that "content" but then I'll end up poorer and weaker, have worse gear, and end up having to grind to make up for it. Meh.

While there are eight characters and eight path actions they come in similar but not equal pairs. Cyrus and Alfyn both use their path actions to acquire information - Alfyn's never fails but is level gated while Cyrus' can fail but can be used at any time. Tressa buys items from NPCs, Therion steals them. Primrose and Ophilia will get NPCs to follow (for quests or to be summoned in battle) and finally H'aanit and Olberic can fight NPCs.

Essentially you've discovered the full extent of the NPC busy work already. Guide and allure are only used to bring NPCs to their destinations. There's actually very little grinding along the character stories and eventually your main party can pull lower level characters through their respective chapters.

Out of the path action busy work you can generally skip barter/steal and challenge/provoke unless necessitated by quests up until you hit chapters 3 and 4, but you can find enough gear on your own through quests and shops that it doesn't really matter. Side stories also never give experience, only money and a couple of items.

Inquire is essentially the only one that really has benefits good enough to warrant extensive use. Many side quests just require knowledge gathered from some other place and knowledge can improve your path skills and unlock new items at shops, give discounts, etc.

Last night I binge watched the Sword Art Online anime (movie included), now I'm totally addicted to it, so to solve my problem and

hold me over till season 3 release's next month, I started a playthrough of Sword Art Online : Hollow Fragment (the video game).

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I finished the main story in SMT Liberation Dx2. It literally ends with a "to be continued". I don't know if that means DLC or a sequel? Either way, I still have plenty of stuff left to do in the game, namely finishing the Aura Gate dungeon. That will require acquiring some more elite tier demons as the boss battles are becoming quite tough and I still have 18 floors to go. I definitely need to get Susano-o and ideally Metatron or Lucifer (both would be awesome but that's pushing it).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Inquire is essentially the only one that really has benefits good enough to warrant extensive use. Many side quests just require knowledge gathered from some other place and knowledge can improve your path skills and unlock new items at shops, give discounts, etc.

Figures the most important one is the one which heavily incentivises save-scumming. :| (I have Tressa, Cyrus and Olberic)

Still, it's good to know it doesn't get *that* much worse, but it's already dragging unfortunately. And if abilities are paired like that, sound like I'd be punished if I chose not to take either Cyrus or Alf. Probably not a real concern for now, but it does limit future options.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It's okay, you can lower and raise the difficulty at any time if it becomes a problem :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Figures the most important one is the one which heavily incentivises save-scumming. :| (I have Tressa, Cyrus and Olberic)

Don't bother save scumming for scrutinize, it has a reasonable success chance anyway and you can easily afford to restore your reputation at the tavern. Sure money looks tight at the beginning but it really isn't. Especially once Tressa learns her divine skill (minor spoiler: It gives you the damage it causes in cash). :)

Step 1, mod out those pesky parts where you have to do stuff. :p

Seriously though, which version are you playing (1985 or 2004)?

The gamer struggle: When life tells you that laziness doesn't and never will equal progression *Community whines at the harsh reality of truth in life*

Step 1, mod out those pesky parts where you have to do stuff. :p

Seriously though, which version are you playing (1985 or 2004)?

Ugh...

It says 2018. Bard's Tale Trilogy from inXile. 

Mostly, I want to know how to survive the night. I got a few tip like having high luck 1st char to be able to escape the early fights and then just grind gold, but I died during my first night :D. I did survive my first encounter with 8 wolves, but they killed off 4 of my party. Pointless to continue. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Walmart in my city sucks.  Their selection of games went from great to poor over the last year.  I don't know if the owner of this specific store decided to get lax or what, but I've found a lot of times they're out of stock of items I want.

In this case, clearly I'm talking about the Spiderman game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Making my way through Old World Blues now for the New Vegas replay. It's my least favorite of the DLCs. The humor is great but gameplaywise it just sucks, with weird spawning issues, waaay too much combat overall, bullet-spongey enemies and repetitive content.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I use the energy ax to grind through the enemies in Old World Blues. It always felt more effective than any gun, especially against the robots.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been dabbling with Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

It's fairly engaging so far and is has a nicely sprawling feel to it.

There's an interesting option to turn off all English speaking, so npc's actually speak in their native language - supposedly done to increase your immersion if you want to. Which is a nice idea, but I feel it fails in that due to Lara only speaking English to them. They rattle off in the local dialect, subtitles tell you what it means, and Lara responds in English which they perfectly understand and reply back.. in their own tongue. So I think that falls under slight failure in execution.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."