The Movie Thread Returns

Amentep

Wing Commander was great for the fact that it was Chris Roberts screwing it up. Max Payne was offensive because it seemed like making a movie from that game would have been child's play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Prince Of Persia Sands Of Times and Silent Hill are very underrated adaptations. Very good movies indeed.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I thought Postal is one of the best Boll movies. Probably because it is like impossible to f up the story.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Does Dungeons & Dragons count? Because that could easily be the worst of the bunch.

I wouldn't count it, as I see D&D as more the P&P game than computer/console games.

Not only was it a bad film, it wasted performances from Richard O'Brien AND Tom Baker.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Rampage is already out? I mean, I wad the one who posted the trailer here but it feels like the movie was just announced/revealed just a few months ago lol

Maybe I'll get a chance to see it soon... Just hoping they make a new Rampage game, even if it's just a straight up remake using Unreal engine.. that would be nice.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Anyone who has watched Ready Player One? I have heard that it's a good film and I am planning to watch it this weekend.

We discussed it a few pages ago. Most of the people that saw it didn't care for it (besides like one guy, Orogun)...and I personally didn't see it all, especially after the RLM guys said it wasn't terrible, but just kind of dumb and poor.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Just hoping they make a new Rampage game, even if it's just a straight up remake using Unreal engine.. that would be nice.

There is a new arcade game, using the movie's monster designs.  Gameplay looks similar to the usual rampage game, but with the monsters jumping to the next block over when they've destroyed a block.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ugh, Black Panther doesn't come out on home release until after Infinity War and looks like mandatory viewing for it. I guess skipping the former in theatres means I'm forced to skip the latter too. Fantastic move, Marvel, you've lost this ticket sale by trying to force two.

• Like 2

With only a few months between the releases of the movies it seems to have always been unlikely to get the home release of the first before theatrical release of the second and that's without BP overperforming and having longer legs than expected.

That said, I'm in agreement with Sharp_One that it's probably not mandatory unless you are die hard about it which I'm guessing not since you skipped the movie in theaters. So far the Marvel movies have been kept pretty accessible so other than a few callbacks I doubt you'll miss much.

EDIT. Just checked out the last Thor and the DVD came 123 days after the US theatrical release. The time between the US releases of Black Panther and Infinity War is only 70 days

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

With only a few months between the releases of the movies it seems to have always been unlikely to get the home release of the first before theatrical release of the second and that's without BP overperforming and having longer legs than expected.

EDIT. Just checked out the last Thor and the DVD came 123 days after the US theatrical release. The time between the US releases of Black Panther and Infinity War is only 70 days

You´re wrong and I'm going to prove it with science!

Thor is an European man and their average life expectancy is 78 years. Black Panther is an African man and their average life expectancy is 61 years. Therefore waiting Black Panther DVD for 123 days would actually be racists and it definitely should come out before Infinity War. I can prove this with quick maths. 61y / 78y = 0.78. 123d * 0.78 = 96d. Wait, what, 96 days? Damn.

Well, I almost proved you wrong with science, which makes me almost right. Since almost right must be better than almost wrong, that has to mean I won this debate.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I feel left out by not seeing any of these Marvel movies

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I feel left out by not seeing any of these Marvel movies

Would you like to join the 'Tired of Kinda Mediocre Blockbusters and Not-a-Big-Fan Club'? :p
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You´re wrong and I'm going to prove it with science!

Thor is an European man and their average life expectancy is 78 years. Black Panther is an African man and their average life expectancy is 61 years. Therefore waiting Black Panther DVD for 123 days would actually be racists and it definitely should come out before Infinity War. I can prove this with quick maths. 61y / 78y = 0.78. 123d * 0.78 = 96d. Wait, what, 96 days? Damn.

Well, I almost proved you wrong with science, which makes me almost right. Since almost right must be better than almost wrong, that has to mean I won this debate.

Maybe some more numbers will help

105 days between Thor 3 and Black Panther

88 days from Black Panther in theaters to DVD...to digital in 81 days

If you can hold out on watching Infinity War for 11 days you can still view Black Panther at home on iTunes or Amazon first

PS those are US dates and you guys have been getting the Marvel movies before us so adjust accordingly

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21