Political Ocean's 11

Amentep

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where a word has different meaning in the US & Europe. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where a word has different meaning in the US & Europe.

Not really. Seems like it'd be different to people based on age. One of those hijacked symbols.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not really. Seems like it'd be different to people based on age. One of those hijacked symbols.

Yeah I think that is the right answer. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The worrying part is not the number of Nazis, but how emboldened they seem recently. I’m not looking into US politics for that long, but it seems to me that the public existence Nazis being straight out and honestly Nazis has seen a sharp increase. And that I find worrying.

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction."

When u get to a point where it's "okay" and pushed socially to call and treat someone who disagrees with you as a "Nazi"....well what do u expect? Think of the N word and how alot of Americans call themselves that even though it's a horrible word, they spun it around and tried to wear it with pride. You keep accusing your mate of cheating, eventually they ain't gonna give a **** and own it.

If ur wondering why there seems to be more "open" lately.

I'm not sure if a derogatory insult for someone of a particular skin color and a descriptory term for someone who behaves like a ****head in a very specific way are comparable. If someone is a Nazi, then someone is a Nazi. This politically correct bullcrap having to tiptoe around the feelings of snowflake racists needs to end. That's how you get watered down video games for snowflakes, because apparently this is already too far:

DNOsPmqXUAAGRik.jpg

Keep politics out of gaming!

• Like 2

If all it takes you to want "peaceful ethnic cleansing" and a white ethnostate is someone calling you a nazi then perhaps there are deeper issues at play.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

As opposed to wanting to wipe out an entire race and labeling that entire race as 'monsters'  because some scumbucket used a certain other bad word? L0L Hypocrisy. and double standards are everywhere.

OR "Cops are evil and shoot and kill black people so I'm gonna go shoot a black mother in protest." like BLM does. BRILLIANT.

I bet you are one of those people who make excuses for extremist muslim terrorists because the 'white folk are islamophobes you say mean things so that is why they fight back' right/ Funny enough, Islamic terrorists prefer to target other muslims for being the wrong kind of muslim.

So.. you'd think you would understand the 'they call me Nazi so I have the right to strike back' attitude.

I think all those attitudes are stupid. No excuse for violence except in actual self defense.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This is an interesting case. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/29/us/politics/peace-cross-maryland-court-first-amendment.html

Setting aside the legal merits of each side ( and I will admit I'm conflicted on this one because it sets two of my core values in opposition to each other) and consider the social aspect. The court will likely take away something that many, indeed most, of the people in the area place importance on. It's something that has always been there and honors war dead that are related to people who still live in the area. But more to the point the court may take away something that was built privately and many people consider a piece of "heritage". When we hear people say they want to "take their country back" the common response is "who took it and where did it go?" But this is the kind of thing that drives people to that and gets people like Donald Trump elected. Sometimes it's best just leave well enough alone I think.

Thomas Sowell

"[the cross] asserts the truth of one religion and, implicitly but necessarily, the falsehood of all other religions"

Though I know this type of meaning has been propagated by a multitude throughout the millennia, it's a pretty crappy way to look at it (and similar icons) in a modern context, and especially in the additional context of its original creation and subsequent donation.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

This is an interesting case. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/29/us/politics/peace-cross-maryland-court-first-amendment.html

Setting aside the legal merits of each side ( and I will admit I'm conflicted on this one because it sets two of my core values in opposition to each other) and consider the social aspect. The court will likely take away something that many, indeed most, of the people in the area place importance on. It's something that has always been there and honors war dead that are related to people who still live in the area. But more to the point the court may take away something that was built privately and many people consider a piece of "heritage". When we hear people say they want to "take their country back" the common response is "who took it and where did it go?" But this is the kind of thing that drives people to that and gets people like Donald Trump elected. Sometimes it's best just leave well enough alone I think.

Those people always have amusing ideas of what their country is. Context of it matters, even though the names being rusted or hidden kind of defeats the point.

Also Manafort charged. Not a shock

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Christian Cross is not just derived from Roman method of execution but is symbol that is meant to make us remember that method of execution and that we let son of God to be tortured and executed and we didn't do anything to stop it. It is also meant to tell us that son of God died because of our sins and we need to honor that sacrifice by living according of his teachings. It is also meant to symbol hope that we all can be saved at the end if we have faith in God and his son and Holy Spirit, and just like son of God we can rise to Heaven have eternal life there.

And I am obviously against use of such religious symbols on government property 
250px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png

:dancing:

• Like 1

Yeah I think that is the right answer. 

Well originally Skinheads are quite apolitical:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Manafort and Gates both being charged with money laundering and other crimes ...great team you had there Trump  :teehee:  :teehee:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politics/paul-manafort-russia-investigation-surrender/index.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Early Trump campaign adviser pleaded guilty to making false statements about Russia contacts to FBI

An early foreign policy adviser and aide to President Donald Trump's campaign team, George Papadopoulos, secretly pleaded guilty earlier this month to making false statements to the FBI about the nature and extent of his contacts with foreign nationals who he knew had ties to senior Russian government officials.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Manafort and Gates both being charged with money laundering and other crimes ...great team you had there Trump :teehee::teehee:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politics/paul-manafort-russia-investigation-surrender/index.html

Why would you associate Manaford with Trump only? Of all the people? He was chairman for Trump campaign for like 3 months March - June 2016.

He worked closely with Podesta group for much much longer and other politicians for years.

Not to mention that none of the charges are from the time he worked with Trump campaign.

So how could Trump knew about his mischief's if the FBI only now pressed charges against him?

I think it's completely dishonest to blame Trump for Manafort.

Except for Manafort just turning himself in upon being investigated with treason against the USA as part of a larger investigation by the US intelligence against the Trump election campaigners.

Feel free to translate

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/trump-mueller-103.html

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Manafort and Gates both being charged with money laundering and other crimes ...great team you had there Trump  :teehee:  :teehee:

Why would you associate Manaford with Trump only? Of all the people? He was chairman for Trump campaign for like 3 months March - June 2016.

He worked closely with Podesta group for much much longer and other politicians for years.

Not to mention that none of the charges are from the time he worked with Trump campaign.

So how could Trump knew about his mischief's if the FBI only now pressed charges against him?

The stuff extended through his time with the Trump campaign. However, a former Federal prosecutor says that Muellers real goal is to try and flip Manafort, most likely against other individuals rather than Trump.

Manafort and Gates both being charged with money laundering and other crimes ...great team you had there Trump :teehee: :teehee:

Except for Manafort just turning himself in upon being investigated with treason against the USA as part of a larger investigation by the US intelligence against the Trump election campaigners.

Feel free to translate

Um, he's not being charged or investigated with treason, he's being charged with conspiracy to commit crimes against the US. The translated article doesn't mention treason.

Guys most of the actual charges are linked, for example, to  Manafort's Ukraine dealings and are not specifically about the Trump campaign but they talk about a criminal conspiracy which will bring in other people. Also these people, including George Papadopoulos, were all active and vociferous Trump sycophants and Trump campaign aides 

It doesnt look great  for Trump and his whole  " we are going to drain the swamp " ......his swamp appears to be more murkier, deep  and tenebrous than the swamp he wanted to remove 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Manafort and Gates both being charged with money laundering and other crimes ...great team you had there Trump :teehee::teehee:

The stuff extended through his time with the Trump campaign. However, a former Federal prosecutor says that Muellers real goal is to try and flip Manafort, most likely against other individuals rather than Trump.

Manafort and Gates both being charged with money laundering and other crimes ...great team you had there Trump :teehee: :teehee:

Feel free to translate

Um, he's not being charged or investigated with treason, he's being charged with conspiracy to commit crimes against the US. The translated article doesn't mention treason.

sorry. My English failed me there :)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Guys most of the actual charges are linked, for example, to  Manafort's Ukraine dealings and are not specifically about the Trump campaign but they talk about a criminal conspiracy which will bring in other people. Also these people, including George Papadopoulos, were all active and vociferous Trump sycophants and Trump campaign aides 

It doesnt look great  for Trump and his whole  " we are going to drain the swamp " ......his swamp appears to be more murkier, deep  and tenebrous than the swamp he wanted to remove 

I think he dived (and sank) into the deepest, darkest, murkiest, stickiest, dankest part of the swamp long ago and has yet to resurface for air.