Political Ocean's 11

Amentep

so i just checked few question and they are basically are you good person or bad person decision wise xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I dropped out of the quiz when the first question had only two options.

I did it just for fun. Apparently I'm a "Market Skeptic Republican". TIL

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Solid Liberal. I was kind of hoping to be Gaseous, but hope is just the first step to disappointment.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

According to that I'm a Disaffected Democrat, but those questions were pretty trash. I get they are trying map onto a model but it was basically agree with a horrible opinion or have a progressive but far over reaching opinion.

I dropped out of the quiz when the first question had only two options.

Same. The authors seem to believe that the equation for "Centrism" means that all answers have to be binary and whatever they are cancel each other out.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

A hind d?

Well, wouldn't mind being this

Mi-24D_HuAF_Szolnok_3.jpg

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A hind d?

Took me a suspiciously long time to realise what the animal painted on the side was, wasn't expecting a Russian heli to reference the NATO designation. I particularly like how it looks like it's drinking from the minigun cupola.

A hind d?

Took me a suspiciously long time to realise what the animal painted on the side was, wasn't expecting a Russian heli to reference the NATO designation. I particularly like how it looks like it's drinking from the minigun cupola.

Until you said it was an animal, I thought it was a guy in a hood rising from a fire or explosion.   :o

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A hind d?

According to the source page that is a Hungarian Hind, so makes sense I guess. Also the Hind has some tie with a famous myth in Hungarian culture. So learned something new today

Should note that there isn't any particularly deep meaning behind the reporting names for helicopters, as long as it's a noun in the English dictionary that starts with "H". Not all of them particularly dignified (my favourite being "Hormone" for the Ka-25).

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Statue of Teddy Roosevelt defaced. Of course the NY Post looked around until they found someone with something bad to say about Roosevelt:

Gesell is not a fan of the Rough Rider.
“I think he was an egotistical person who thought his opinion mattered more than anyone else’s. That’s not the way to go,” he told The Post.

TR was a man of his time, like a lot of historical figures. He had views that today would certainly be considered racist in a patronizing way. That we think differently now says something about us, not him.

$20 says whoever did it thought he was a civil war general and had no clue who he was. 

http://nypost.com/2017/10/26/teddy-roosevelt-statue-doused-in-red-paint/

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Also the Hind has some tie with a famous myth in Hungarian culture. So learned something new today

You learned wrong, the hind is a female deer, and the one in the myth is male :p

Wikipedia fails me again. Well ok, that and trying to read on a smartphone. But ok, I still have learned something new today.

Should note that there isn't any particularly deep meaning behind the reporting names for helicopters, as long as it's a noun in the English dictionary that starts with "H". Not all of them particularly dignified (my favourite being "Hormone" for the Ka-25).

Well I know, I did play sims in the late 80s, but I'm guessing given that it's a Hungarian gunship, they rolled with the name. Must be a joke about the Mig-15 we can work in here somehow...

Edited by Malcador

So is Clinton being connected to not only the uranium deal with Russia but now the DNC bought a dossier on Trump that the FBI used as reason to investigate Russia connections to him?

Is this a bunch of hogwash from Fox news?

Otherwise I find it funny as hell as karma coming back lmao.

Statue of Teddy Roosevelt defaced. Of course the NY Post looked around until they found someone with something bad to say about Roosevelt:

“I think he was an egotistical person who thought his opinion mattered more than anyone else’s. That’s not the way to go,” he told The Post.

TR was a man of his time, like a lot of historical figures. He had views that today would certainly be considered racist in a patronizing way. That we think differently now says something about us, not him.

$20 says whoever did it thought he was a civil war general and had no clue who he was. 

Maybe they just really wanted to paint the town red and they started with good ol Teddy because of how fun Robin Williams played him in those Museum movies

Free games updated 3/4/21

So is Clinton being connected to not only the uranium deal with Russia but now the DNC bought a dossier on Trump that the FBI used as reason to investigate Russia connections to him?

Is this a bunch of hogwash from Fox news?

Because it has long since been debunked, it's the latter.

Edited by Agiel

-Rod Serling

They thought he was Teddy Rougevelt

Wouldn't think you'd be much of a fan of Teddy since he wanted government oversight in pretty much everything.