RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-contemplating-further-action-over-fortnite-battle-royale-similarities/

"After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.

Bizarre.

Embarrassing. They certainly aren't the originators of the battle royale genre, and even if they were, the hosts of knockoffs of every new genre should serve enough of a reminder that you can't really protect gameplay mechanics. Unless Fortnite has been just straight ripping and re-using assets from PUBG, and it's my impression that they haven't, this is pretty much just bullying a competitor.

Based on the article: "a new free-of-charge mode" ... so I guess it's because this one will be free and they fear of losing out money?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-contemplating-further-action-over-fortnite-battle-royale-similarities/

"After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.

Bizarre.

Embarrassing. They certainly aren't the originators of the battle royale genre, and even if they were, the hosts of knockoffs of every new genre should serve enough of a reminder that you can't really protect gameplay mechanics. Unless Fortnite has been just straight ripping and re-using assets from PUBG, and it's my impression that they haven't, this is pretty much just bullying a competitor.

Based on the article: "a new free-of-charge mode" ... so I guess it's because this one will be free and they fear of losing out money?

Yes, it means they will make it free-to-play with a year. That's usually how it goes after such an announcement. I never bought Fortnite for that very reason.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yeah, not sure what they're thinking...maybe they should try fixing their chuggy and janky game before threatening other devs.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

AFAIK the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite is already free. it's the whole game that's still pay-to-play

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I mean that when it leaves EA, the full game will be free-to-play (2018)

http://pixelkin.org/2017/06/22/action-builder-fortnite-launches-july-25/

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It's from June apparently, but I just found it and don't remember it being posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uzt7U9Vb8

Slain was a decent platformer - not fantastic, but pretty good. If they learned their lessons and retain the fantastic soundtrack, I'd love it. Because... I mean...

https://youtu.be/oe9rumkjAJE

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

2K Games pressures The Sixth Axis web for their NBA 2k18 review (3/10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeZB8z1vQ2w

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=112&v=g0E2y1woa0A

God bless you, Japan, don't ever change.  First boob physics, now butt cheek physics.  The next evolution in video gaming.  :brows:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

isn't DOA a fighting game? hmmm... I mean, even Mortal Kombat had spin-offs, but nothing of this, ahem, caliber

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

isn't DOA a fighting game? hmmm... I mean, even Mortal Kombat had spin-offs, but nothing of this, ahem, caliber

At this point, I think there have been nearly as many DOA spin-off games as main series fighting game entry.  It's becoming a situation like Might & Magic and HoMM, where the original main series becomes forgotten and the spin-off, more or less, becomes the main series.  

While other publishers are focusing on Triple A development, seems Koei Tecmo are focusing on Double D development.  :shifty:

• Like 6

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, autumn is here, so I think it's time to heat up the place..

"Does copyright infringement negatively affect legal sales?"

The study’s conclusion: With the exception of recently released blockbusters, there is no evidence to support the idea that online copyright infringement displaces sales.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The study’s conclusion: With the exception of recently released blockbusters, there is no evidence to support the idea that online copyright infringement displaces sales.

So the study proves that the movies that are bound to make money lose money from piracy and the flops that nobody wanted to see nobody wanted to pirate. So piracy is bad I guess, but movies are doing fine and really that money was just going to end up on the hands of a producer. So what's the deal?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So the study proves that the movies that are bound to make money lose money from piracy and the flops that nobody wanted to see nobody wanted to pirate. So piracy is bad I guess, but movies are doing fine and really that money was just going to end up on the hands of a producer. So what's the deal?

It applies to games aswell, should've mentioned that in hindsight.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Nioh Complete Edition announced with all three DLCs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/24/nioh-complete-edition-announced-comes-three-add-dlc-bonuses/

In Japan only for now. Hopefully we will get it in the west soon, too.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You may have heard rumblings of Atari releasing a new console. Well, we have some details now. It will run a custom AMD cpu and gpu (kinda like PS4 and XBone, I guess) and run a custom Linux OS(sort of like the SteamBoxes)

http://us16.campaign-archive2.com/?u=514d5e8e2ca64b78c0c6f5a2e&id=600c7d1b9d

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸