RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

I'm skeptical that modern Atari even has the money to build a single low spec PC for their own use, let alone have an entire console line manufactured.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They're just a holding company for the brand now. They collect royalties and license out the brand. A company called Atgames has been making Atari Flashbacks for over a decade now. This really just looks like they are bringing the license back inhouse and working directly with manufacturers.

• Like 2

Yeah, the current Atari is Infogrammes with a 'new' label stuck on them. They sold off the only profitable part of the business to Namco Bandai nearly a decade ago and tried to sell all their IP a couple of years ago; they're basically a joke financially*. No surprise they're looking at crowd funding to capitalise (hoho) on people's nostalgia, and no surprise if it's actually someone else manufacturing the boxes and using their name rather than them themselves.

Without MS/ Sony's money you'd be looking at an AMD APU in a box, so basically laptop type performance and you don't get much laptop performance for 300USD. At least in 2018 it's likely to be Zen/ Vega combo instead of an ancient Bulldozer based one. As long as Vega doesn't set the wood casing on fire, at least.

*Near Interplay levels- their shares are like 40euroc or something, and I don't think they're even indexed on a major sharemarket any more.

• Like 1

I ain't gonna lie, the wood Atari (that's real wood supposedly) looks mighty sexy.

0e29724a-0f31-417b-9990-3d58f92458bc.jpg

I have seen this in concept a couple years back... did it actually release??? :o

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Heat Signature from the makers of Gunpoint is making a splash, it's 10% off I believe. Worth a gander I reckon if you're a strategy nut (no pun intended).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

The teat has some left. I'll end up buying this on sale, though :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 2

Guild 3 early access is apparently a superb example of EA if all the talk is to be believed. Suckers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Time to get my PS4 out of my closet... well I mean, in spring lol

This looks like a freakin movie. I like it!

Rockstar will probably release RDR2 on pc a year and a half later in an unabashed attempt to get people to double dip. Similar to GTA5.

I would bet on that. The only Reason RDR couldn't be on PC is because the 360 was PowerPC and the PS3 was Cell, and the codebase for RDR was apparently a house of cards. There was little chance of getting a port to work.

Don't they all? That's why they become a chore to play and have no replayability. Wish it weren't so as Rockstar picks some really appealing settings, but their style is done in the dirt, as with Bethesda.

I've been selective with the Rockstar games I've played over the years. 3, SA, Bully, RDR. With only a smidge of borrowing GTA4.

I've never replayed a single one of them, I find most "game +" time is done alongside working on the story. Bully and RDR are amongst my very favorite games. They may be done in the dirt, but there are always new consumers and others that have tempered their time with those games. When a Rockstar game comes around, I'm usually in the mood for one.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I really liked RDR, but it's really the same as with the other GTA games... I find the world to be stiff and unresponsive, and therefore very boring after a while. I end up slogging from one place to the other just to see the next cutscene. Also, if I remember right, the amount of content to the end of the game always gets more and more shallow, with longer travel times instead.

Haven't played GTA5, but I somehow doubt it is much different, since all the other games were like that?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I really liked RDR, but it's really the same as with the other GTA games... I find the world to be stiff and unresponsive, and therefore very boring after a while. I end up slogging from one place to the other just to see the next cutscene. Also, if I remember right, the amount of content to the end of the game always gets more and more shallow, with longer travel times instead.

Haven't played GTA5, but I somehow doubt it is much different, since all the other games were like that?

I never played much of RDR except for a few minutes at a friend's but I have GTAV...

The story was meh compared to Watch Dogs, felt like a joke. The world is nice when you're driving or flying through it. Walking around is 50/50. If you can max the settings it can feel alive but probably nothing compared to Watch Dogs 2 which is one of the most responsive open worlds as of late.

One of the dullest open world's ever was Red Faction Guerilla lol

• Like 1

It'd be great if they went ahead and removed it from Warhammer TW 1.

As an aside, why are both games currently priced the same? Brilliant strategy, Sega.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.