Politics 2017 part V

Amentep

If the average American makes 40-50k a year, it really depends on what their deductibles and personal cap are. If they have a cap of 10k, that's still a massive blow to their finances. Might not bankrupt them, but string together a couple years of that and it won't look pretty.

Heh. And now the FCC is investigating Colbert over obscenity due to those insults he ran with against Trump the other week.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That is because both sides don't care about free speech. they care about protecting themselves and their side 'winning'.

99% loathe free speech - both SJWs or so called 'alt right'.

I'm TRUE free speech. It's why (well one of the many reasons lol) I'd never win an election. because I am **** who don't care if people get offended by bad words.

It is like the right who defend 'freedom of speech' but someone says something negative about the military they want to censor and punish them. L0L

Or the left supposed being anti violence and anti guns but if perpetrated against he right they are a-okay.

EVIL.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So long as they don't lose their job, and so long as their insurer agrees to the treatment being necessary. A millionaire can always just pay out of pocket if they need to which ain't an option for most.

I took German in HS. Had to perform some heroic cheating to pass that final. :lol:

Hah. I took Latin for 3 years. All I remember is Caecilius in horto est :p

...did everyone learn Latin from the same books?

In the Commonwealth, I think so. Good books, made it easy to learn and had somewhat interesting storylines.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Volo

Vis

Vult

Volumus

Vultis

Volunt

Nazi

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I see Trump's "thin-skin brigade" has been busy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39828336

I think you got it wrong, they are not thin skinned. It wasn't about the joke, it's about causing damage.

The right is taking every move from the leftist handbook and subverting it, this is what the left has been getting away with for years and now you begin to complain. Besides, its not even the first time that someone tries to shut Colbert down, it just the first time that the right tries to.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Always funny when standards are defined reciprocally, not a shock Twitter users are there, heh. Was expecting a lot more to that joke though, meh.

I think you got it wrong, they are not thin skinned. It wasn't about the joke, it's about causing damage.

The right is taking every move from the leftist handbook and subverting it, this is what the left has been getting away with for years and now you begin to complain. Besides, its not even the first time that someone tries to shut Colbert down, it just the first time that the right tries to.

But when you do what you say is reason why you hate certain group of people, you actually become same as those you are complaining about. Which means that right has become left (and left has become right) It is new world order, where people don't seem to realize that they are upside down.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/332321-epa-dismisses-five-scientists-from-major-review-board-report

“The administrator believes we should have people on this board who understand the impact of regulations on the regulated community,” spokesperson J.P. Freire told The Times.

So long as they don't lose their job, and so long as their insurer agrees to the treatment being necessary. A millionaire can always just pay out of pocket if they need to which ain't an option for most.

Speaking of which : http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/6/my-husband-wouldve-died-obamacare/

True it's only one case, but private insurance tends to be much more permissive than government since private can be sued. Edit: She hasn't really proved her accusation against Obamacare either, since it's still private insurance unless you get the expanded Medicaid.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

A little OT but still political. One of the biggest problems in this country today is the laws are being enforced by arrogant nitwits with guns who know less than nothing about the laws they are enforcing. This is a lawsuit I'd love to see succeed to the max: http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/06/after-arresting-driver-for-silence-cops

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This is what happens when you're not allowed to defend yourself: https://heatst.com/world/violent-london-scooter-gangs-terrorize-area-near-prince-georges-school/

They dress in black and often remove their helmets, taking advantage of a loophole in UK policing policy which says officers will not give chase to anyone on a scooter because of concerns the rider might fall and suffer injury or death.

Ha ha ha ha

Edit: I look forward to when the new mayor of London announces a policy that stopping a beheading is not allowed since the beheader might cut himself.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Police in UK is joke overall anyway...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

But when you do what you say is reason why you hate certain group of people, you actually become same as those you are complaining about. Which means that right has become left (and left has become right) It is new world order, where people don't seem to realize that they are upside down.

Which would be the problem if Oro was correct. But only online alt-right 4chan trolls and those run by them like Breitbart and Stormfront think in those terms and the truth is both historically and contemporary, the right is traditionally the censor moreso than the left. Comic books, TV, anti-christian content, violent video games and 'unpatriotic' messages like this have ALWAYS caused the right to throw these hissy fits. Maybe Americans forgot about every right-wing whingefest about criticizing Bush being 'un-American' because Obama existed for a bit but I didn't. These are the people who tried to get people fired for 'not supporting the poor troops' if someone made a joke about Bush's hair. If anything, the last couple of years of left activity is closer to what Oro describes than Trump's safespace craving fanclub. Ohnoes someone critized the Pres, ohnoes a musical cast was rude to a redneck politician. Whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch but the left is the side that can't take a joke. Ha!

Both right and left have BOTH been crying for censorship for years. Just usually in separate​ areas.

They both technically correct though.

Oro is correct because it's the left who has been crying about hate speech towards sexuality and the right is not known for doing the same on the same base grounds, usually u see the right as opponent or siding with the offender.

Elrond is correct because I'll give an example of where for years right and left have had opposite views of censorship and that's religion. Left has opposed religion in work places and public areas such as 10 commandments in court houses, Christmas (nuff said), etc. Now the left is pushing for religion and the customs to be allowed in public areas such as Muslims religious garbs that are usually against work code and to pray openly with the right opposing.

So yes elrond is right because now both sides are trading targets and tactics, and each is using the other sides method against them.

Edited by redneckdevil

Both right and left have BOTH been crying for censorship for years. Just usually in separate​ areas.

They both technically correct though.

Oro is correct because it's the left who has been crying about hate speech towards sexuality and the right is not known for doing the same on the same base grounds, usually u see the right as opponent or siding with the offender.

Elrond is correct because I'll give an example of where for years right and left have had opposite views of censorship and that's religion. Left has opposed religion in work places and public areas such as 10 commandments in court houses, Christmas (nuff said), etc. Now the left is pushing for religion and the customs to be allowed in public areas such as Muslims religious garbs that are usually against work code and to pray openly with the right opposing.

So yes elrond is right because now both sides are trading targets and tactics, and each is using the other sides method against them.

red you should just rely on what most members do, they always just assume my posts are true and magnanimous  :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How'd you like to live in that country? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-09/jakartas-outgoing-governor-ahok-found-guilty-in-blasphemy-trial/8509936

Ahok was charged with blasphemy after he said clerics had used a Koranic verse to mislead voters by telling them that Muslims were not allowed to vote for a Christian.

Edit: Reason one million and one we need a border wall: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/09/mexico-now-considered-second-deadliest-conflict-zone-after-syria-study-says.html

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

How'd you like to live in that country? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-09/jakartas-outgoing-governor-ahok-found-guilty-in-blasphemy-trial/8509936

Ahok was charged with blasphemy after he said clerics had used a Koranic verse to mislead voters by telling them that Muslims were not allowed to vote for a Christian.

Having spent some years there, that's reason number one million and two why being dogmatic about your own beliefs at the expense of tolerence of others and succumbing to populist nationalism is a very bad thing.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle