Here are two perhaps useful old PoE1 threads about and with custom portraits (several links that still may work):

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66894-how-to-make-custom-portraits/page-1

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71722-the-custom-portraits-thread/page-1?hl=+custom +portrait

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Thank you so much, Aramintai!!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I just wanted to insert "my" beloved dwarven boar ranger here. I already posted it in the PoE subforum some while ago. Also nice for a boar spiritshifter I guess. :)

JSZ5Ahd.jpg

Needs cropping and another background of course.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

As promised, here is a github repository for all the portraits.

I need three pieces of help from the community:

1. Could people upload the already done portraits as pull requests]? Once we have those, I can generate a massive mosaic of them all as a preview.
  2. Could someone expend the section of how to install those portraits in game?
  3. Could someone explain how to create those portraits?

On the latter, can @AarikD let me know if I can upload the content of the `WatercolorTemplate.zip` file as given in this post?

• Like 5

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum kum superiorum aetate contexitur? Marcus Tillius Cicero

This has been posted at least twice but this is a new thread, so here it goes again.

Custom portrait generator:

http://www.notra.fr/portrait.php

This does not work for me… I get some images and lots of dead links not opening. Meh.

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum kum superiorum aetate contexitur? Marcus Tillius Cicero

I'll take a look at new requests next week maybe, I got sucked into Monster Hunter World... :)

I tried playing monster hunter world, but then I went to the canteen and had the meowscular chef cook up a meal.  Days later all I can remember is a flurry of salt and pepper, dancing cats, and an exquisitely placed bit of garnish.

• Like 1

What options are for the ones used in the game?

Well, if it helps, for this portrait I mostly used that editor's Sketch2 in Art at some 60%, then played with Skin Tanning, Color Saturation and Brightness in Adjust. All very noob friendly.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The repository for portraits is a go. I got a very kind message from Obsidian and as long as we do not profit from it, we are good.

⚠ I need your help!

1. Could people upload the already done portraits as pull requests? Once we have those, I can generate a massive mosaic of them all as a preview.
  2. Could someone expend the section of how to install those portraits in game?
  3. Could someone explain how to create those portraits?

Ideally, I would like to be able to have something working for the 3rd of April…

• Like 7

Here's a link from a picture of Polish artist Mariusz Zawadzki in deviantart that could fit for a Death Godlike should anyone want to use it. He's a great painter in general and stumbling upon that picture I thought I'd share it here because it fits. It's also called "Thanatos", the greek word for death.

https://22zddr.deviantart.com/art/Thanatos-673926987

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1