Thank you very much Aramintai, they look great  :)

Is it just me or was there a problem uploading the larger pic of the male elf?

It says "the image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available"

Which one pic?

Yekcus4.png

I've got to say these portraits are amazing Aramintai.

Aramintai pwns, and deserves a medal.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Which one pic?

Yekcus4.png

Dunno, something went wrong there. Reuploaded it, somebody try it out

• Like 1

I know the second one is Eder but I'm really not a fan of his new portrait as it makes him look like an entirely different person

Took a stab at the original Eder portrait, turned out kinda meh. I wish devs would just made two versions of portraits for the returning companions, I'm not a fan of new Pallegina portrait, for example.

F5ov5XI.pngkkZCBEh.png

8XxpHBo.jpg

pH7VhU7.jpg

• Like 4

If you'd manually remove some of the black spots in the supposed-to-be plain or smooth areas like forehead and cheeks it would look absolutely fine.

That's not how the filter works. I could smudge it, or copy that bit from an unfiltered layer, but it will still look off. Sometimes it just doesn't work well with some portraits. Also, I can do nothing if the portrait is illuminated by some bright light source or covered in shadows.

Edited by Aramintai

I mean after filtering it of course. With such a watercolor protrait the stamp tool would work fine in order to remove those spots I think. You'd need a higher resolution though and scale down afterwards.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I mean after filtering it of course. With such a watercolor protrait the stamp tool would work fine in order to remove those spots I think.

Doubtful, but you're welcome to try it out yourself. I had instructions posted here somewhere in this thread.

Imma gonna take a break for now, MHW beckons.

Tried it with your low resolution pic you posted above and it turned out okish. Took about 5 minutes I'd say. With more time and a higher resolution to work on it could become a great alternative for the priginal Deadfire portrait. But see for yourself:

eder_watercolor_spots_removed.png?dl=1

Now that I look at it again: the shadow under the nose and the bottom lip could be softened more/made lighter.

Now... I know this can't be the apporach for all the forum posters' portraits ( ;) ), but for Edér himself maybe a little bit more handicraft is tenable.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Yes, it is. Same size as the portraits in PoE1, same naming conventions (if you want them to appear in a special order).

Edit: Me idiot. "Companion's" portraits you asked. Erm... actually I don't know because there are none of the official companions in the beta, only hirelings. But I guess it is. Since modding was made more simple and straightforward I don't think that this can be worse now.

Edited by Boeroer

Thank you, it looks great! I forgot to ask the most important question...  :sweat: Since you seem to have the Beta, is it even possible to change the companions' portraits/is it as easy as in PoE1?

It's very easy. If you're on Steam their standard directory will be here (mind it's for the beta):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity2_Data\gui\portraits\companion

They're all stacked there like this:

gHaXTnom.jpg

You just have to rename your custom portrait's .png files exactly the same and replace them.

Edited by Aramintai

@daven: Very neat portrait! Hopefully, Aramintai gets some time off from his MHW to help you out.

I use this for my character in every game haha.

I forget where I found it originally, been using it for years now. It was meant to be the artists impression of Jaime Lannister. And I wish he looked more like this in the show then how he actually does.

• Like 1

nowt

Which one pic?

Yekcus4.png

Dunno, something went wrong there. Reuploaded it, somebody try it out

That's it sorted now thanks again

And thanks for your help too Messier-31 :)

• Like 1

I don't think anybody would invest time and implement such an application - because it's very easy to just do a screenshot and crop it.

That's what I figured I would have to do, but I don't really want to go outside the game. I have an aversion to Windows mode when I play. :no:

I was really just echoing what a couple of beta testers indicated on their YouTube streams.

I don't think anybody would invest time and implement such an application - because it's very easy to just do a screenshot and crop it.

That's what I figured I would have to do, but I don't really want to go outside the game. I have an aversion to Windows mode when I play. :no:

I was really just echoing what a couple of beta testers indicated on their YouTube streams.

If you use Steam you can do screenshots without leaving the game and without using windowed mode. Also if you use Nvidia Shadowplay. For GoG I don't know since I'm not using it. On Linux you can always trigger a screenshot without tools.

You can even take a screenshot in the game, hit ALT+TAB and change to Gimp/Photoshop/whatever toll you want to use crop & resize the screenshot, put it in the right folder, ALT+TAB back to game and pick the new portrait. It may be that you have to go back to the main screen first so that the portraits get re-loaded.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1