The edited Pallengina portrait is much more fitting in my opinion.  Personally, the  PoE1 and PoE2 portraits look so different, especially Pallengina and Eder.  I would prefer just to use the PoE1 portraits for them.  

As for the realism debate, can't we just have a balance of portrait types?  Not every female character needs to be a supermodel, but at the same time not all of them need to look like they received plastic surgery to have massive jaws and noses.  

• Like 1

Apparently the same guy who did those made one for Edér too:

1520025361323.png

I quite like it.

That's really good, except there is a bit too much Neil Patrick Harris in there.

Dunno... He seems still a bit Max-like.

1520091138573.png

Maybe Max is a bit NPH too? :p

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

1520025361323.png

I quite like it.

I can barely recognize Eder in it and it looks way too old.

Are there any other portraits from that guy? Aloth? Blue guys?

1520025361323.png

I quite like it.

I can barely recognize Eder in it and it looks way too old.

Are there any other portraits from that guy? Aloth? Blue guys?

Yeah looks really old, too old for Eder. And he's too skinny on the face.

I hate to repeat myself, as it always makes me sad, but this forum is especially hopeless today.

Eh, other than Aramintai being a bitch, this thread seems like every other normal obsidian thread.  It's nice to have disagreements.  lol, I hope the mods don't close it.

Also, love the new Eder.  He's actually channeling his inner Max Von Sydow instead of whatever that "default" portrait is supposed to be (don't get me wrong, it's looks great, but it doesn't look like PoE1 Eder). =\

Edited by bonarbill

Eh, other than Aramintai being a bitch, this thread seems like every other normal obsidian thread.  It's nice to have disagreements.  lol, I hope the mods don't close it.

Do I really need to elaborate further? *sigh* OK ... I'll do what I can, but expect very little.

As if the sheer existance of people that already desocialized themselves so far that they start to treat ficticious people as real ones, even as partners, get together in groups to help each other desocialize even more and find excuses and social rituals to help them hide their delusions from the remaining contious parts of their brains was not pitiable enough in itself, the fact that this kind of people are able to create this kind of discussion in this high halls of reason is just embarrasing. Not only that some of the forum members can't seem to help themselves to reveal their masturbation habits to the public, some don't even spare themselves the (futile) effort of trying to show how they are being repressed by an anonymus political authority just because not everyone here is convinced about the "improvements" someone made to those insignificant pictures. And before you know, what was a quiet and really productive thread turns into a display of the most primitive facettes of human behaviour, where everyone shows their most disgusting faces with the pride of children playing with their own poo.

I thought, I gave up humanity a long time ago. Those are the things that let me give it up even more.

Oh sorry. Did I ruin the mood? Of course, what I wanted to say is: Xoti is so hot! That is what I call a real milf. Wonder what her boobs look like. Man, I really want to **** her in the ****.

Edited by Lord_Mord
  • Like 1

---

We're all doomed

Ah, apparently there's one more for Aloth. Here's all five modified portraits with comparisons, uh, "courtesy" of the 4chan thread that originally produced them (those words sound so weird in the same sentence... Anyhow, let's carry on):

1520094349474.png

Here's the thread for further digging (I think I saw a couple of curious orlan portraits too): http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/408607021

I was wondering whether Maia's portrait from before had been changed, but apparently that's just vanilla Maia.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 7

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Ah, apparently there's one more for Aloth. Here's all five modified portraits with comparisons, uh, "courtesy" of the 4chan thread that originally produced them (those words sound so weird in the same sentence... Anyhow, let's carry on):

1520094349474.png

Here's the thread for further digging (I think I saw a couple of curious orlan portraits too): http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/408607021

I was wondering whether Maia's portrait from before had been changed, but apparently that's just vanilla Maia.

I prefer Anon's Eder portrait as well.  I will definitely replace Eder and Pallengina's portrait come release.  The current portraits for Eder and Pallengina are so different from PoE1 that it is jarring to me.  As for Aloth, he is not bad in either, although I still prefer the PoE1 portrait.  

I do not hate the current artist, but he has a fixation with large jaws. There also is a quality to his portraits that looks so..out of focus?  I am not sure how to describe it.  In contrast, Anon's Eder looks to have more "detail" to the face.  

Edited by Nixl

Hmm, can't say that I like anon's Aloth either - he too looks like somebody else. Female portraits are nice though, no doubt about it. Would have even considered switching Pallegina's portrait, since it's my least favourite among the new ones, but anon's portrait lacks that certain snarky expression that I find suits her best.

Everyone else looks pretty much the same... I guess the rules of aging and the laws of time only apply to Aloth :p

Also he lost weight, guess someone stole his dark soda breads after all. I just wish the changes were consistent throughout or none at all. Seems weird that only one was drastically changed... especially when the others are just as obedient to time and aging.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Hmm, can't say that I like anon's Aloth either - he too looks like somebody else. Female portraits are nice though, no doubt about it. Would have even considered switching Pallegina's portrait, since it's my least favourite among the new ones, but anon's portrait lacks that certain snarky expression that I find suits her best.

I think anon's Aloth captures his PoE1 portrait better though (i.e., a little meek).  

Aloth_PoE1_portrait_companion_lg.png?ver

• Like 1

I think anon's Aloth captures his PoE1 portrait better though (i.e., a little meek).  

Aloth_PoE1_portrait_companion_lg.png?ver

Not sure about that, but that POE1 portrait is still awesome. Dunno why the dev artist changed returning companions portraits so much, nothing was broken.