Politics 2017 Part 3

Wrath of Dagon

Not really equivalent, Northern Ireland obviously an insurgency problem, motorcycle gangs aren't a neighborhood, doubt romani are a whole neighborhood but again an example of an ethnic-cultural enclave, although a minor one.

How did Obama make them more hostile? I keep reading that as if cops and minorities were cool with each other before. High profile events and everything being recorded probably are more impactful.

By telling lies and exploiting such incidents as Zimmerman and Ferguson, and supporting BLM. I don't ever remember such anti-police riots here before (there were in the sixties, but that was a different situation).

Examples?

"”Man riskerar att bli skjuten om man går dit, eller rånad, av kriminella element. Det är områden dit polisen knappt själva vågar gå och folk som är där är annorlunda.”"

"You risk getting shot if you go there, or robbed, by criminals. It's areas where the police themselves hardly dare venture, and people there are different."

What the middle and upper class said about some areas in Stockholm and Gothenburg in the 30's. Filled with "jews, gypsies, russians and such suspicious filth"

I suppose if you go back far enough, again talking about an immigrant enclave. I don't know if they were factual, or motivated by racism.

Romani families like to live in same neighborhoods and other Finns don't like live in same neighborhoods were there are Romani people, because we are nice like that. And situation is similar or even worse in other parts of Europe.

Actually said motorcycle gangs own whole neighborhoods, which is why it is difficult to get rid of them. And why they still exists, with their drug selling, extortion etc. business.

Those groups have their neighborhoods in much tighter control than any immigrant population that we have.

Also ethnic-cultural enclave what this had to do with that "Europe didn't have them (hostile neighborhoods towards police) though until mass migration". Also minor one, there are at least couple million Romani people in Europe. 

EDIT: I also wonder what you think is happening in immigrant heavy neighborhoods if you think that they are more scary place for police than neighborhoods where gangs fight with each other and with police using military grade weapons?

Edited by Elerond

Obama is clearly behind all racial tension in this country, just like Trump is behind all of our immigration problems. :thumbsup:

Heh, that does seem to be pretty much it. Cops as usual play no role in people distrusting them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I suppose if you go back far enough, again talking about an immigrant enclave. I don't know if they were factual, or motivated by racism.

It wasn't an immigrant enclave, it was mostly poor Swedish people of the lower class living in poor neighbourhoods. Those areas they referred to are now some of the priciest neighbourhoods in Stockholm by the way.

Sorry for the Godwin here, but I found it interesting that Goebbels found "Gamla Stan" (Old Town litereally translated) to be a dangerous "no go zone" full of Jews and Poles and other scary people.

Edit; Godwin, not Darwin. :blush:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It amazes me how WoD sounds exactly like all the liberals freaking out about Trump whenever he talks about Obama. Is there any awareness of that?

Trump has been in office for a month, Obama for 8 years. So we know exactly what Obama's policies have led to.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It amazes me how WoD sounds exactly like all the liberals freaking out about Trump whenever he talks about Obama. Is there any awareness of that?

Trump has been in office for a month, Obama for 8 years. So we know exactly what Obama's policies have led to.

Yeah they lead to Trump taking office and I agree that is very bad.  :devil:

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

It wasn't an immigrant enclave, it was mostly poor Swedish people of the lower class living in poor neighbourhoods.  :blush:

What are you talking about? There are no swedes.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The US has "no-go" zones, they are called the projects. They don't have anything to do with immigration or Islam, they have to do with economics. 

Also I totally disagree about children being a sign of wealth. Most societies at seems to run in the opposite, the poor pump out children at an alarming rate while the wealthy tend to keep their families small.

Don't think they're exactly no-go, but they're hostile to the police, and have become a lot more hostile thanks to Obama's demagoguery and lies. Europe didn't have them though until mass migration. So the causes are different but the result is the same, ethnic-cultural enclaves hostile to the society at large.

That is not true.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Projects happen whenever the government is forced to build large amounts of affordable housing. To no one's surprise they wind up being full of poor people who rent instead of own, thus not caring much about their surroundings. Crime inevitably follows. No particular race or culture is required but it just so happens that the people at the bottom with fewer resources, options and struggling with discrimination and such are often immigrants.

They should just gift houses to people in need and don't put any of them in the same place. It will work out cheaper in the long run.  Or maybe tell them to hold down a job for 5 years and the house is yours ?. Reward merit that way. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Examples?

East End of London hated Bobby Peel's original police force. Most of the negative names for the police in english originate from there.

Yes, I think there were some troubles with the Roman Empire too.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Trump ruined more in a month than Obama ruined in eight years.

One commie's trash is a freedom lover's treasure?

If you love government or suckle upon the 'globalist' male bovine excrement canal as a hobby then yes, Trump is far more ruinous than Obama. Maybe.

Too much remains to be seen.

About the only thing I give Trump credit for at this point is killing TPP and calling the 'press' out a couple of times (it has truly been entertaining watching them freak out). Both very good things.

Well, there's an article that flies in the face of one heck of a lot of human experience over the course of history, as well as other modern studies.

It's been my experience that those who make it a point to advertise themselves as representing logic, reason, 'common sense', science, skepticism, critical thinking, etc usually represent quite the opposite. Mr Novella is certainly no exception.

Also, 'Pew Research' is about as bad as it gets on the quality scale for research. If one considers truth and reality to be a standard of quality that is.

The part about illegal immigrants committing less crime is a lie. It's also interesting to note the left's hypocrisy here. They constantly claim illegal immigrants are honest and hard working. Yet they simultaneously claim under Trump's new policy to deport a broader range of criminals as many as 8 million of the supposedly 11 million illegals are eligible for deportation, which is a pretty huge percentage. So which is it then?

Well, there's an article that flies in the face of one heck of a lot of human experience over the course of history, as well as other modern studies.

It's been my experience that those who make it a point to advertise themselves as representing logic, reason, 'common sense', science, skepticism, critical thinking, etc usually represent quite the opposite. Mr Novella is certainly no exception.

Also, 'Pew Research' is about as bad as it gets on the quality scale for research. If one considers truth and reality to be a standard of quality that is.

Wow, attacking Novella and Pew research really does improve your position. Would it have been better if I pulled it from Scientific American instead? Because they reported on it aswell.

Facts are what the facts are, and these reasearch papers prove you wrong.

The part about illegal immigrants committing less crime is a lie. It's also interesting to note the left's hypocrisy here. They constantly claim illegal immigrants are honest and hard working. Yet they simultaneously claim under Trump's new policy to deport a broader range of criminals as many as 8 million of the supposedly 11 million illegals are eligible for deportation, which is a pretty huge percentage. So which is it then?

Because they're illegal immigrants and are committing a civic offence by just being in the country in the first place I reckon.

Examples?

East End of London hated Bobby Peel's original police force. Most of the negative names for the police in english originate from there.

Yes, I think there were some troubles with the Roman Empire too.

... You do realize that Rome didn't have a professional police force correct? As in the Bobby's/London Police Force were the first of their kind in the world, with all prior police actions and authorities being ceded to a local noble who's enforcement was at his own discretion, or in times of crisis, the army was used internally. The history of law enforcement is a fascinating subject you should examine if you ever get the chance. Especially given that 500 years ago "Felony" meant "execution" in terms of punishment.

And has spent more in that month on vacationing in Florida than the Obama's spent in a year's time (10 million bucks for security and transit to his Club)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Interesting but that's US migration profile.

If anyone has numbers on say French Algerian migrants that would be more relevant.

Here is one study, but you need to pay to read it

http://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199859016.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780199859016-e-013

This is useless study.

First it only shows the distribution in crime.

Where is the "per capita" data? In any country you will have more natives committing crimes just by sheer numbers. 

So let's put this numbers in perspective:

According to this chart around 40% of crimes are committed by immigrants (first and second generation), but in US this group is only 12-15% of the population. 

So it seems this group is HIGHLY criminal, because 12-15% of the population is responsible for 40% of the crimes!

Second prevalence of each group involved in at least 1 crime? 

Another WTF? So it doesn't matter if 10 natives each commit 1 crime each and 1 second generation commits 10 crimes it wouldn't affect the results of this study?

In the previous 12 months.

Seriously? That's not great time frame to have a thorough study on the case.

Chart don't have information that you think it has, because it is chart about behavioral pattern it doesn't have any information how many crimes each groups have committed, but how probably it is that person from that group has committed at least one crime. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/15/crime-rises-among-second-generation-immigrants-as-they-assimilate/

• Like 1

Law enforcement doesn't keep statistics on immigrant crime, Pew BS are guesses and biased guesses at that. Where there are spotty statistics they indicate illegals account for large percentage of crimes committed.