Politics 2017 Part 3

Wrath of Dagon

Hmm...

1) Pfft! Weak! I pay 57$. Then again, that only gets me 36 litres of 95 Oktane petrol. =(

2) Yeah, I want this too. The salt used on roads here eats metal like noones buisiness!

3) I've got a much older car than you though, so my insurance is much lower at 370$/year. But I drive a non interesting car from '98.

4) That's what I'd have to pay per day if I worked in the mail department.

But, atleast in this shia-law controlled communist hellhole gives me ~1000$ back in tax returns for the fuel o:)

Heh, I'm 99% joking. I mean, sure Id like to not have to work, but that's not my lot in life. :(

1) 95 octane! Are you driving a jet fighter? :p I use 89 octane.

2) Not so much this year (knock on wood) but usually during the winter the only clean part of my car is two graceful arcs on my windshield. The rest is coated with salt.

3) I'm way over-insured. I still carry full coverage even though the car has been paid off for years. Never know when youre going to get hit by a meteorite!

4) That's pretty cool that you get to write off your commute.

But dammit I don't think taxpayers should have to cover nose jobs, boob jobs or sex changes!

Even if it literally costs a fraction of a cent to you, as an individual taxpayer?

It's the principle. If it costs a penny, I WORKED for that penny. I earned it. Every dollar someone gets without working for someone else worked for without getting it.

I'm glad that your principles are so important to you that you feel personally offended if a fraction of a cent of your tax money goes toward helping people who have been diagnosed by multiple licensed professionals who agree that their symptoms literally can't be alleviated in any other way.

I mean, those fancy-ass psychiatrists might consider the treatment to be necessary, but by God, you worked an entire fraction of a second* for that money, you really had to pour your blood and sweat into it, so you definitely know better than those parasites who never worked an honest day in their entire lives!

(The intense study required to successfully complete pre-med, followed by four years of med school, followed by three to eight years of residency technically doesn't count as work.)

*Based on average annual income data for electrical engineers, assuming two weeks of vacation, it takes 0.78 seconds of work for one to gain a penny. And we're not even talking about an entire penny, just a small fraction of that!

I wasn't planning on justifying this nastiness with a response but what the hell. I am feeling combative today. Reading this you make it sound as if I have some problem with gender reassignment as a valid medical treatment. I don't. I couldn't care less either way. If someone thinks this will make them happy and a doctor and psychiatrist agree then by all means go for it. But lets not confuse this with what health insurance is supposed to be about. Health insurance is about keeping people alive and healthy. It is not intended for "elective" things like this, or a nose job, or a boob job. And yes they are all the same kind of thing. I'm more than happy to provide tax money to pay the salaries and benefits of public servants but this is not a liver transplant, or a broken bone repair we're talking about here. This is personal elective procedures that are no one's problem or business but the patient and the cost of which should be borne by the patient. If it was my son or daughter and this is what they needed to be happy I'd pay as much or all of it if I could. But I nor anyone else OWES that to anyone. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But dammit I don't think taxpayers should have to cover nose jobs, boob jobs or sex changes!

Even if it literally costs a fraction of a cent to you, as an individual taxpayer?

It's the principle. If it costs a penny, I WORKED for that penny. I earned it. Every dollar someone gets without working for someone else worked for without getting it.

I'm glad that your principles are so important to you that you feel personally offended if a fraction of a cent of your tax money goes toward helping people who have been diagnosed by multiple licensed professionals who agree that their symptoms literally can't be alleviated in any other way.

I mean, those fancy-ass psychiatrists might consider the treatment to be necessary, but by God, you worked an entire fraction of a second* for that money, you really had to pour your blood and sweat into it, so you definitely know better than those parasites who never worked an honest day in their entire lives!

(The intense study required to successfully complete pre-med, followed by four years of med school, followed by three to eight years of residency technically doesn't count as work.)

*Based on average annual income data for electrical engineers, assuming two weeks of vacation, it takes 0.78 seconds of work for one to gain a penny. And we're not even talking about an entire penny, just a small fraction of that!

I wasn't planning on justifying this nastiness with a response but what the hell. I am feeling combative today. Reading this you make it sound as if I have some problem with gender reassignment as a valid medical treatment. I don't. I couldn't care less either way. If someone thinks this will make them happy and a doctor and psychiatrist agree then by all means go for it. But lets not confuse this with what health insurance is supposed to be about. Health insurance is about keeping people alive and healthy. It is not intended for "elective" things like this, or a nose job, or a boob job. And yes they are all the same kind of thing. I'm more than happy to provide tax money to pay the salaries and benefits of public servants but this is not a liver transplant, or a broken bone repair we're talking about here. This is personal elective procedures that are no one's problem or business but the patient and the cost of which should be borne by the patient. If it was my son or daughter and this is what they needed to be happy I'd pay as much or all of it if I could. But I nor anyone else OWES that to anyone.

We're not talking about a boob job though, we're talking about people who have been diagnosed by multiple authorites and that the surgery is in the authorities opinion the only treatment that will work. It's not like some guy woke up and wanted to get his **** chopped off for ****s and giggles, it's mlre akin to treating a schizo who is a danger to themselves.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah but again you are equating it with a boob job but trans people have an argument it is something more necessary. Not just to make them happy. But oh well.

I find it funny I spend the same amount per week on transit that Gfted1 does on gas

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, I'm 99% joking. I mean, sure Id like to not have to work, but that's not my lot in life. :(

1) 95 octane! Are you driving a jet fighter? :p I use 89 octane.

2) Not so much this year (knock on wood) but usually during the winter the only clean part of my car is two graceful arcs on my windshield. The rest is coated with salt.

3) I'm way over-insured. I still carry full coverage even though the car has been paid off for years. Never know when youre going to get hit by a meteorite!

4) That's pretty cool that you get to write off your commute.

1) The higher the octane the less risk of knocking at higher compression ratios of the cylinders, the higher compression ratio the better efficiency. :)

The lowest available in Sweden and most of Scandinavia iirc is 95, 98 is also available and E85 has 104.

2)

66603877.jpg

3) Traffic and theft, can't get full insurance on mine anywhere. *Sob*

4) It's pretty neat, but there are alot of caveats; You must save atleast 2 hours of commuting time compared to public transport, and you have to spend atleast ~1100$ before you're eligible to write anything off. And they keep increasing the amount too. Last year it was ~1k$, next year they've increased it again to 1200$ and you're only able to deduct from the funds you go over the limit. Then again, they keep increasing the petrol tax, we're at something like 1.2$/Litre now. :banghead:

They really want to stop people from commuting.

It's a really serious situation, and we are in the vast majority of cases talking about keeping people alive. It's not something you can shrug off, it constantly hangs over you and pulls you into depressions. Transgendered people have huge problems with depressions and suicide, and these surgeries help them.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I truly wonder if they do, because for all the seemingly plausible justifications in favor of doing them, the end result is just not meant to be. You can get away from a lot of things in life, but not from yourself.

Eg. Chelsea Manning suicide attempt way after surgery. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

First of all the study. You did not read my comment on the beaches in Florida closely enough. I pointed out that there is a big difference in price between visiting Miami Beach and Crescent Beach, or Satellite Beach, or Jensen Beach. I could go on. If it is not affordable to go to Miami Beach, go to one of the 2062 other public beaches or coastal parks between Pensacola and Jacksonville. The study pointed out it costs $135-$265 per night for hotel stays on the coast. Fine Now drop everything south of Santa Barbara and the San Jose/San Francisco are and re-calculate the average. I'd wager is drops by at least 30-40%. If it is too expensive to stay at Laguna or Coranado there are still over 1400 KM of coast line, 167 state parks (36 of which have camping and beach access), 14 National Parks (4 of which have beach access and camping) that have sun sand and face the same ocean as Mission or La Jolla for a hell of a lot less money. And the state does not need to spend a nickel to figure that out. This is government nannyisim wasting money and time.

Now, as to your second point. It is tiresome to hear the juxtaposition of notions that anger over wasted taxes means opposition to all taxes. Taxes are a necessary evil. And they are evil. They are theft. My home and my land are paid off. I own the title and deed to both. Yet every year I write check to the Tipton County Tax Collector for over $4k because if I don't they will take both away from me. Makes you wonder if I really own it or just squat here at the sufferance of the state. But things are how they are. Roads, police, fire departments, State Parks, and indeed my own salary must be paid for so I pay my share. The same goes to the percentage Uncle Sam takes out of my paycheck every two weeks. But it boils my blood as it should everyone's, when that money I worked for is wasted, spent frivolously, used to bomb people I have nothing against, or given to feckless crybabies who could take care of themselves but choose not to. And do not twist that into some sociopathic aspersion on the "social safety net".  There does need to be one and indigent people should be assisted to some extent. Primarily in ways that help them back on their feet. Not that turn them into a permanent poverty stricken underclass that can do nothing and get a check better people worked hard to provide.

No, I did read your comment. I just don't understand why you assume that the ~75% of Californians surveyed are retards and won't just go for cheaper lodging outside of the premium areas, if they want to go to the beach, choosing instead not to go at all. The report states that getting to the beach is actually one of the bigger hurdles (the other being a dearth of available economy accomodations). Thus, the farther they have to go, the greater the cost.

Yes, California has 1,400 km of coast, but that's not a terribly relevant bit of data because coastline doesn't mean beach, beach doesn't mean accessible beach, and accessible beach doesn't mean publicly accessible beach. See here. To no one's surprise, the most densely packed beach access points correspond to the most expensive areas.

If you want to wager that averages would "drop by at least 30-40%" if you drop the areas south of Santa Barbara and the SF Bay (any other areas you'd like to exclude?), I think you would lose, considering that Pismo Beach, another data point in the survey was $187 per night on average. Still far, even if you reduced it by 40%, from the $82 a median income Californian beachgoer is willing to pay, according to the study. It is known that when reporting in this fashion, people tend to underestimate values, but still.

And I'm not trying to twist your stance on taxes. It's funny because I agree that taxes are theft -- they are after all taken by force, with no recourse. But what you consider wasteful and frivolous, to someone else is rightful and fair. It's a subjective matter that inevitably leads to people getting dollars they haven't worked for, from people that worked for but didn't get them.

Eg. Chelsea Manning suicide attempt way after surgery.

Are you psychic? Manning hasn't undergone surgery yet.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So its just the appearance change? I presumed he went through the whole thing.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Plenty of other things that could have pushed Manning to attempt suicide, at least in prison.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Army approved the op in late 2016, but no precise date so far. Not sure he's even getting HRT, probably is, because that's usually required before getting signed off for surgery. And they recently made him cut his hair to comply with prison regulation or something. Dude was apparently rather unstable even before being imprisoned, but I'm no authority.

I wonder. If instead of making the outtie an innie, the issue could be "fixed" with brain surgery, would folks be more accepting of that being paid for with taxpayer money? In the end it's a surgical procedure either way, is it really important what part of the body they are operating on?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Most of the transition is done via hormone therapy, which actually does most of the changes in the body. Actually surgery is mainly needed for artificial genitalia. Although some people want to use surgery to remove or enhance their masculine/feminine qualities or make transition faster, as hormone therapy takes several years if it even works in first place and don't kill the person or fail to cause visible changes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/bombthrower-milo-yiannopoulos-belated-backlash-article-1.2978256?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NydnRss+%28Top+Stories+-+NY+Daily+News%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

Shame poor Milo, resigning from Breitbart. The guy is a disgrace and a bigot and its about time, I cant see him achieving much now and he should fade from the public limelight 

He had the audacity to support  pedophilia when he said 

“I’m grateful for Father Michael, he boasted, saying that he wouldn’t be as skilled at sex if not for the man who had violated him " 

I know Milo was a personal hero for some members like Sharp_one but guys its time to find new role-models 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nah, he'll just pimp his Patreon. Plenty of suckers for him around :p

Edited by Malcador

The funny thing is it doesn't. The suicide ratio is higher after the sex change so the procedure increases the chance of trans people killing themselves.

That belongs in the alternative facts thread. 

http://theconversation.com/factcheck-qanda-was-lyle-shelton-right-about-transgender-people-and-a-higher-suicide-risk-after-surgery-55573

• Like 2

Nah, he'll just pimp his Patreon. Plenty of suckers for him around :p

I see he also lost his book deal, my day is getting better and better  :biggrin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/02/20/milo-yiannopoulos-loses-his-book-deal-with-simon-schuster-amid-growing-outcry/?utm_term=.6cdbf5548344

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/bombthrower-milo-yiannopoulos-belated-backlash-article-1.2978256?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NydnRss+%28Top+Stories+-+NY+Daily+News%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

Shame poor Milo, resigning from Breitbart. The guy is a disgrace and a bigot and its about time, I cant see him achieving much now and he should fade from the public limelight

He had the audacity to support pedophilia when he said

“I’m grateful for Father Michael, he boasted, saying that he wouldn’t be as skilled at sex if not for the man who had violated him "

I know Milo was a personal hero for some members like Sharp_one but guys its time to find new role-models

Bravo Bruce for victim blaming.

Milo was a victim and if this kind of remarks helped him to deal with the trauma then I have no problem with that.

I don't see this comment any more outrageous or supportive of pedophilia than Sarah Silverman, Jeff Dunham, Anthony Jeselnik and legion of others comedians who make this kind of jokes at regular basis.

Let's be clear the story has nothing to do with people wanting to fight pedophilia it's a cynical excuse to attack Milo.

Besides he appologized for poor choice of words:

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/21/milo-apologizes/

I personally hope he will be ok.

" I personally hope he will be ok "  :lol:  :lol: 

You joking right, tell me you joking right?  Oh wait you not joking ....

So you think his comments about pedophilia are not uncommon, so please give me an example of someone in the public limelight who had been abused by a child molester and made an utterly reprehensible comment like " I am glad I was abused because thats why I am so experienced at sex " ...and I want actual real comments they made similar to this 

I look forward to your examples  :geek:

John Milton 

The funny thing is it doesn't. The suicide ratio is higher after the sex change so the procedure increases the chance of trans people killing themselves.

That belongs in the alternative facts thread.

http://theconversation.com/factcheck-qanda-was-lyle-shelton-right-about-transgender-people-and-a-higher-suicide-risk-after-surgery-55573

How so? The link you provided is proving me right. The suicide ratio is higher.

...Than the suicide ration in the general population.

Surely it is not difficult to grasp that a study comparing post-surgery trans people to people who aren't trans to begin with has little bearing on whether the operation helps or not.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Read the article again. Slowly.

Ho-hum.

He also said research showed that people who had undergone sex reassignment surgery were 20 times more likely to suicide than the general population a decade after their surgery.

The researchers also included a comparison group. In that group, for every transgender person studied, the researchers included a non-transgendered person the same age and the same sex as the transgender person was before surgery.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

He had the audacity to support pedophilia when he said

Bravo Bruce for victim blaming.

Milo was a victim and if this kind of remarks helped him to deal with the trauma then I have no problem with that.

I don't see this comment any more outrageous or supportive of pedophilia than Sarah Silverman, Jeff Dunham, Anthony Jeselnik and legion of others comedians who make this kind of jokes at regular basis.

Let's be clear the story has nothing to do with people wanting to fight pedophilia it's a cynical excuse to attack Milo.

Besides he appologized for poor choice of words:

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/21/milo-apologizes/

I personally hope he will be ok.

" I personally hope he will be ok " :lol: :lol:

You joking right, tell me you joking right? Oh wait you not joking ....

So you think his comments about pedophilia are not uncommon, so please give me an example of someone in the public limelight who had been abused by a child molester and made an utterly reprehensible comment like " I am glad I was abused because thats why I am so experienced at sex " ...and I want actual real comments they made similar to this

I look forward to your examples :geek:

The same people who attack Milo are defending a convicted pedophile because he's a famous director - Roman Polański.

That's all I need to know about those people.

It seems its ok to be one if you are a part of the clique but it's not ok to joke about your own abuse if you're not a part of the clique.

As for quotes only recently Silverman asked is ot still pedophilia if the kid did the first move. I could post a dozen or a hundred, but why bother you would just ignore them.

Which people who dislike Milo think what Polanski did is okay? Can you provide links that make this comparison....I will read them

But again I doubt you can provide this information because you live and operate in the world of alternative facts so when you are called out on these types of comments you cannot respond with anything credible

Also I would  think its appalling if any other person, whether they are a comedian or not, attempted to normalize, justify  or make light of  pedophilia. So I'm not sure how you can possibly think just because someone like Silvermans comments are similar to Milos makes it okay or makes Milo any less of a lowlife and degenerate human being 

Lets be clear, ANYONE who thinks  pedophilia is okay needs to judged and harshly criticised in the public limelight 

John Milton 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah Trump would not had looked like an idiot if he had just dropped last night from his speech, but now all the defenses for his speech just come out as weak excuses.

Do you know what new happen that riots started?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah Trump would not had looked like an idiot if he had just dropped last night from his speech, but now all the defenses for his speech just come out as weak excuses.

Do you know what new happen that riots started?

Swedish police arrested somebody and people with masks started riot by throwing rocks towards police. It ended when police shot towards rioters. And later in same evening people started to riot again by breaking shop windows, burning cars and they battered some people. Police estimates that about 30-50 people were behind the riots.

Police is investigating three claims of rioting, two claims of battering, several cases of theft and vandalism

EDIT: More details what Swedish police said about riots in their press conference.

Edit2: People seem to be angry about their life and said arrest seems to have worked as convenient excuse to release that anger in the violent and nonconstructive way that is typical for some people regardless of their origin.

Edited by Elerond

Nothing speaks to the success of a policy like going into full reverse after it

https://www.rt.com/news/378231-germany-eu-refugee-deportation/