Politics 2017 Part 3

Wrath of Dagon

A BILL

To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Termination of the Environmental Protection Agency.

The Environmental Protection Agency shall terminate on December 31, 2018.

US congressmen really work hard, and put thought into the things they do.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/861/text

A BILL

To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Termination of the Environmental Protection Agency.

The Environmental Protection Agency shall terminate on December 31, 2018.

US congressmen really work hard, and put thought into the things they do.

I wish they would do that with the education department.

The Department of Education & the EPA both gone? NOW we're getting somewhere!
What's wrong with the EPA existentially? Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's out of control, doing whatever it wants. Doesn't need to be eliminated, but needs to be brought back under Congressional oversight. Legislative functions belong to Congress, not the executive and his agencies.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Deep state continues to try to smear Trump by illegally leaking classified info, pretty obvious they have nothing on him yet:

Several of Mr. Trump’s associates, like Mr. Manafort, have done business in Russia. And it is not unusual for American businessmen to come in contact with foreign intelligence officials, sometimes unwittingly, in countries like Russia and Ukraine, where the spy services are deeply embedded in society. Law enforcement officials did not say to what extent the contacts might have been about business.

And even the tweet you posted shows that NYT is lying, Trump said he hoped that if Russia stole the emails, it would release them, not that he hoped they stole the emails.

Flynn didn't get fired for "nothing".

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Ahh, Derek Smart in the replies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well this one kind of half wanders into the field of politics in general...

ICE detains domestic violence victim

AUSTIN — Federal immigration agents went to the El Paso County Courthouse last week and arrested an undocumented woman who had just received a protective order alleging that she was a victim of domestic violence. The agents apparently detained the woman Feb. 9 after receiving a tip, possibly from her alleged abuser, whom they already had in custody, El Paso County Attorney Jo Anne Bernal said.

The detention has alarmed Bernal and other county officials who fear that the arrest will scare undocumented victims of domestic abuse into staying with their abusers for fear of being deported and separated from their children or other family members. However, a criminal complaint on file with the U.S. District Court in El Paso indicates that a person of the same name as the alleged victim might have a history of deportation and domestic violence.

Bernal was not aware of the complaint, filed by U.S. immigration officials, when she spoke about the arrest earlier in the day. She said, however, that her office cooperates with federal authorities when serious crimes are alleged. But she and other officials said protective-order courts are not the place for immigrant detentions.

“Our clients come to us at the lowest point in their lives,” said Bernal, whose office represents domestic abuse victims when they seek court orders against their abusers. “Many of them are so frightened of coming to us because of possible immigration concerns.” Bernal said her office is taking steps to relieve those fears in the wake of last week’s arrest.

The alleged abuser, Mario Alberto De Avila, is jailed on a charge of forgery of a financial document, the criminal complaint states. A spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement declined to comment Wednesday to questions about the incident.

The criminal complaint states that on Feb. 2, Homeland Security Investigations Border Enforcement Security Taskforce agents received information that Irvin Gonzalez, who also is known as Ervin Gonzalez, was in the U.S. despite having been previously deported. The information received stated that Gonzalez was staying at the Center Against Sexual and Family Violence.

The complaint, filed Feb. 9, indicates that Gonzalez, whom Bernal identified as transgender, had been deported six times since 2010 — apparently after arrests for crimes including possession of stolen mail, false imprisonment and assault.

Its narrative differs, however, from what Bernal unearthed in her investigation in a key respect. The complaint says Gonzalez was arrested on the street, while investigators looking into the detention for Bernal said it happened inside the courthouse. "There were six ICE agents on the 10th floor," Bernal said.

The arrest comes at a time of heightened concerns that under the administration of President Donald Trump, ICE is expanding who it tries to deport and how it goes about deporting them.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also, the Washington Post is reporting that U.S. intelligence officials have withheld sensitive intelligence from President Donald Trump because they are concerned it could be leaked or compromised, according to current and former officials familiar with the matter.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's out of control, doing whatever it wants. Doesn't need to be eliminated, but needs to be brought back under Congressional oversight. Legislative functions belong to Congress, not the executive and his agencies.

You mean the same congress that tries to disprove global warming by bringing a snowball to the floor? Those people that are sponsored by various oil, gas and drilling companies? Yeah, that is going to end well for you.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

As much as I find this little "war" between Trump and the media to be an exercise in pettiness I also have to admit I'm taking a perverse satisfaction in it at the same time: https://news.grabien.com/story-after-likening-trump-hitler-journalists-upset-theyre-not-get

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/anc-calls-for-sanctions-against-banks-found-guilty-of-colluding

Guys this is the result of when you have a nosy and unreasonable government interferencing in the banks, this whole thing is geting completely excessive in SA. People want to enforce jail terms and there is HUGE anti-bank sentiment. My brother in law is involved and we getting audited and people are stressing.....and it should not be seen as such a big deal because the manipulation benefitted the country but people always want the banks to suffer  :fdevil:

You guys are lucky Sanders wasnt appointed as this would have happened in the USA  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am freaking rolling on the floor watching this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZI3wdDihw

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Jackie4Chan and Sharia Jesus are the best

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It seems that fake news about Sweden are quite popular this days.

Is it fake? it was in our local news, I was just looking for some english written source, I have skipped RT and Breitbard for obvious reasons...

Is it fake? it was in our local news, I was just looking for some english written source, I have skipped RT and Breitbard for obvious reasons...

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/skattemiljon-gar-till-gigantiskt-kamel-projekt-i-goteborg

It is private project that has not recived public funding or even building permit yet. It is build in Angered which is suburb in Gothenburg Municipality not in actual city of Gothenburg and so on.

I mean there is real thing behind the story, but it is full of alternative facts.

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/skattemiljon-gar-till-gigantiskt-kamel-projekt-i-goteborg

It is private project that has no public funding or even permit yet. It is build in Angered which is suburb in Gothenburg Municipality not in actual city of Gothenburg and so on.

I mean there is real think behind the story, but it is full of alternative facts.

woot, headline from this page:

Tax-million goes to the giant camel project in Gothenburg

You mean the same congress that tries to disprove global warming by bringing a snowball to the floor? Those people that are sponsored by various oil, gas and drilling companies? Yeah, that is going to end well for you.

Democracy - know it, love it.

It is private project that has no public funding or even permit yet. It is build in Angered which is suburb in Gothenburg Municipality not in actual city of Gothenburg and so on.

I mean there is real think behind the story, but it is full of alternative facts.

It has granted money from Västra Götaland Regional Council (Västra Götalandsregionen), which I first though was only some development organization, but it is actually some regional governance in Sweden. So it has actually received public funding, my bad. But other details in article are still off.

(Million SEK is about 100k EUR)

Although SVT's article is about how entrepreneur behind park is marketed benefits of camel milk in way that is against Swedish law and how park still don't have building permit.

It has granted money from Västra Götaland Regional Council (Västra Götalandsregionen), which I first though was only some development organization, but it is actually some regional governance in Sweden. So it has actually received public funding, my bad. But other details in article are still off.

(Million SEK is about 100k EUR)

Although SVT's article is about how entrepreneur behind park is marketed benefits of camel milk in way that is against Swedish law and how park still don't have building permit.

So what actually in that article I posted is not true? Starting to be confused.