2017 Celebrity Deaths

Oerwinde

Morgan Freeman is still with us.

Challenge accepted

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dammit, he is still alive!!

Hmm...

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 2 weeks later...

Gord Downie is dead. Have to say I am skeptical of people saying they wept at the news.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was too young for Benson but Robert Guilliaume played Isaac Jaffe on my favorite television show, Sports Night.

RIP.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I just saw Fats Domino passed. Ain't that a shame. He was 89 and surrounded by family. That's the best way to go I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JZW7zMDfY

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah I'd found out because of Gfted's post.

Was always partial to his "I'm Walking".

And of course his The Fat Man is legendary -

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 3 weeks later...

There's a certain point in one's life where one occasionally feels like they're measuring their years not by birthdays, but the rapidly increasing number of celebrity deaths per year that have you actually standing up and taking more personal notice, if that makes sense.

RIP to all the ones so far this year.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mel Tillis, who had a 60 year career in Country music (as well as film and TV work).

Earl Hyman stage actor (nominated for a Tony in 1980 for his work in THE LADY FROM DUBUQUE), tv actor (was Grandfather Huxtable on THE COSBY SHOW) and voice over actor (Panthro on THUNDERCATS)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

David Cassidy's dead, never did watch much Partridge Family

David Cassidy's dead, never did watch much Partridge Family

I was more into Shaun Cassidy. Hardy Boys forever!

RIP to David, the older brother.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts