Politics 2017

Wrath of Dagon

Trump plagiarized Avatar today. I think that's unpresidented.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I see many people celebrating the speech. I personally just am genuinely afraid of this man now, more than I was before. You really did elect a right winged populist for your president. I mean... phew...

At least, when it's my generations turn, the pendulum will be coming right back. I'm hopeful that we can then indeed reach wonderful things ;)

With your views, I'm glad you're afraid. Be very afraid.

You are if you are a crybaby SJW Nazi.

But, hey, it was Trump who was anti Amerikan and anti democratic because he wouldn't accept the results before there were actually any results. LMAO

This protest isnt an " I dont accept Trump "  protest, its an  " anti-Trump " protest 

You will see this often as he really offended people and minorities

As opposed to all the harmony and good will under Obama.

Gosh, I thought I ended the last thread with a warning regarding derailing threads in favor of insulting each other. Guess not. Let's pretend I did, though.

Me and Bruce were just kidding around, honest.
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I see many people celebrating the speech. I personally just am genuinely afraid of this man now, more than I was before. You really did elect a right winged populist for your president. I mean... phew...

At least, when it's my generations turn, the pendulum will be coming right back. I'm hopeful that we can then indeed reach wonderful things ;)

Oh I'm afraid for the fate of the world. Personally I'm a straight white male, so I doubt he'll take away my freedom of speech ;)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Gosh, I thought I ended the last thread with a warning regarding derailing threads in favor of insulting each other. Guess not. Let's pretend I did, though.

Is TN talking about us?

Yes of course we joking, its just mild badinage 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh I'm afraid for the fate of the world. Personally I'm a straight white male, so I doubt he'll take away my freedom of speech ;)

Well, I'm glad you're straight, because Trump hates homosexuals: http://ijr.com/opinion/2017/01/263412-historic-fact-donald-trump-will-first-president-support-gay-marriage-beginning/
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Is TN talking about us?

Unless he's talking about Volo, but Volo was referring to the mayor, not to anyone here.

Is TN talking about us?

Unless he's talking about Volo, but Volo was referring to the mayor, not to anyone here.

I doubt he was talking about us ....but I doubt he was talking about volo as his comments also seemed normal?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We need the hot chicks thread back. At least the wanking in there would be for a better reason than here. :p

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Am I an evil human being that I'm laughing as I see these videos of protestors getting hit by cars in the middle of the highway at NIGHT?

There has to be a level where stupidity is above how messed up a situation is to become funny, I think I found it sadly.

Fair enough. :lol:

I'm a bit cautious with this thread, but only because I want to make sure it doesn't end up like the last one. It may be the politics thread but that doesn't mean we have to spend more time taking jabs at each other than debating the issues, right?

• Like 1

It may be the politics thread but that doesn't mean we have to spend more time taking jabs at each other than debating the issues, right?

Only if you want to remove 95% of political discussion.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts

Always wonder what hair Republicans have up their ass over PBS.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, whenver I read Breitbart I start to get tired of all the whining.

Oh, wait, you're not talking about the articles on BB in general. Woops, my bad.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

What? This seems amusing, please do elaborate

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lee_in_Iowa/status/822634312650649600/photo/1

Also the bee movie, and Bane, apparently.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was kind of stupefied that some haven't figured out from close to thirty years of his antics that Trump was the most hollow, fleeting, and perjured man possible... then I glanced at the newstand at my supermarket and realised there was something that should have tipped me off: People had to be buying enough National Enquirer magazines to keep the lights on at their offices and made their rag such a perennial sight at store checkouts

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

What? This seems amusing, please do elaborate

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lee_in_Iowa/status/822634312650649600/photo/1

Also the bee movie, and Bane, apparently.

Would love to see an actual in-movie footage for these claims. I do not have such a good memory to films and the quotes are the easiest thing to manipulate...

Less than an hour in, Trump Admin takes down the official White House climate change website. Already this is boding very direly.

Also the LGBT pages the Government had up.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/20/womens-march-canada-protesters-denied-entry-us?CMP=share_btn_tw

Canadians traveling to Women's March denied US entry after sharing their plans

"The group was upfront about their plans with border agents, Dyck said. “We said we were going to the women’s march on Saturday and they said, ‘Well, you’re going to have to pull over’.”

What followed was a two-hour ordeal. Their cars were searched and their mobile phones examined. Each member of the group was fingerprinted and had their photo taken.

Border agents first told the two French citizens that they had been denied entry to the US and informed them that any future visit to the US would now require a visa."