The US Election 2016, Part VII

Pidesco

So how is Western Civilization dying?

For some it's too many uppity coloured people, but I assume there's a proper reason.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

Guys this link highlights again reasons I am always amazed people people would want to support Trump

Trump has for the last 5 years questioned if Obama was born in the USA, he constantly has supported a view that Obama isnt an American citizen. It was a disgraceful and malicious campaign and had a racist undertone to delegitimize Obama as the first African American president

He has now admitted Obama was born in the USA :shrugz: No candidate has flip-flopped as much on policy and comments as Trump. He is inconsistent on so many topics like his economic policy and the fact he wont release his tax returns

And some people still think he is best candidate to be the next US president

Interesting that you omitted that the media was taken for a ruse to show how incompetent they are and how they now have to admit the following instead:

Please do a little research before saying " Hilary started the Birther Obama controversy "

Its has been debunked many times now, Hilary Clinton did not start this malicious rumour

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/23/donald-trump/hillary-clinton-obama-birther-fact-check/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/16/no-hillary-clinton-did-not-start-birther-movement/90500762/

Bill Clinton, is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnl6GMOBIA

Kate Bolduan is a very astute political commentator, she has the daily show on CNN " State of the Race " and yes the various CNN commentators are right. Trump not only wasted peoples time but he horribly flip flopped on this issue

This is something we should all be condemning as it shows how Trump uses the media when it suits him but then whines about " the media is biased and has horrible people working for it " when the " media " doesn't comment on what he likes

Why should we be condemning him for using something that is against him and benefiting from it doing what it thinks it should be doing? Normally we praise people for that.

So what is it then as I am confused? Is the media as many people on this forum suggest biased against  Trump

Or is the media not biased when Trump decides to use them? Because as I keep saying the media is not fundamentally biased, the media reports on what candidates do and what they say 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Is there an echo in here?"

You were clearly implying I was some anti left nutbar who only attack left wingers. I don't attack any 'wingers'. I attack those who try to tell me what to do no matter wat 'side' they are on.

"Volo, GD is 100 % correct, you should ask yourself some  questions " what is a place like these forums? Why do we frequent these forums and what do we want or expect form these forums " 

Don't pout. I never claimed I didn't learn anything or see others perspectvies here. I even pointed out someone who did show me a different perspective. Don't be mad that it wasn't you.

"He has now admitted Obama was born in the USA   :shrugz:  No candidate has flip-flopped as much on policy and comments as Trump. He is inconsistent on so many topics like his economic policy and the fact he wont release his tax returns "

Wait. he gives you what you want and admits he was mistaken and you stiull feel the need to attack him for it. Admitting when you are wrong about something is the mature, reaosnable thing to do.

"Also we're not gonna be overly diverse with ideas given this forum seemingly scares off anyone with two X chromosomes. Kinda difficult to hit diverse ideas when 50% of the population is immediately off the table."

Why would I scare women off when I treat everyone equally? Are you sos exist you think women are weak and need to be babvy and cna't handle disagreements oin the net? COME ON. Unlike you, I see women as strong, independent adults who can take care of themselves. Alkso, here's a nerwsflash, not all women and men think alike. Stop living in stereotypes, sexism, and prejudice.

"For some it's too many uppity coloured people, but I assume there's a proper reason"

White people. White people are the issue. And, Im seriously about that. Wgite people like Hiullary Clinton and Bruce are the issue. Whitye people like Donald Trump are an issue. White people like Gary Johnson is an issue.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Is there an echo in here?"

You were clearly implying I was some anti left nutbar who only attack left wingers. I don't attack any 'wingers'. I attack those who try to tell me what to do no matter wat 'side' they are on.

Don't lie.  I just said you like to throw the nazi label on people you think are sjw's.

Donhj't stetch the truth. Youw ere clearly claiming that it was only left wingers/SJWs that I attack and call nazis. Agaian, I call anyone who wants to enslave and control me nazis.  I'm not part of some anti LW conspiracy like you try to imply. L0L

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

Guys this link highlights again reasons I am always amazed people people would want to support Trump

Trump has for the last 5 years questioned if Obama was born in the USA, he constantly has supported a view that Obama isnt an American citizen. It was a disgraceful and malicious campaign and had a racist undertone to delegitimize Obama as the first African American president

He has now admitted Obama was born in the USA :shrugz: No candidate has flip-flopped as much on policy and comments as Trump. He is inconsistent on so many topics like his economic policy and the fact he wont release his tax returns

Interesting that you omitted that the media was taken for a ruse to show how incompetent they are and how they now have to admit the following instead:

Please do a little research before saying " Hilary started the Birther Obama controversy "

Its has been debunked many times now, Hilary Clinton did not start this malicious rumour

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/23/donald-trump/hillary-clinton-obama-birther-fact-check/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/16/no-hillary-clinton-did-not-start-birther-movement/90500762/

Kate Bolduan is a very astute political commentator, she has the daily show on CNN " State of the Race " and yes the various CNN commentators are right. Trump not only wasted peoples time but he horribly flip flopped on this issue

This is something we should all be condemning as it shows how Trump uses the media when it suits him but then whines about " the media is biased and has horrible people working for it " when the " media " doesn't comment on what he likes

Why should we be condemning him for using something that is against him and benefiting from it doing what it thinks it should be doing? Normally we praise people for that.

So what is it then as I am confused? Is the media as many people on this forum suggest biased against  Trump

Or is the media not biased when Trump decides to use them? Because as I keep saying the media is not fundamentally biased, the media reports on what candidates do and what they say 

Let me throw you an analogy on what is going on here. 

There's an old man of the greatest generation watching Jimi Hendrix playing the national anthem at Woodstock on the TV. The man is wondering what the hell that black guy is doing with the guitar? Why is he playing with his teeth? Why is he making such horrible noices while playing the anthem, and most of all: why is he making such a mockery of it? And what are the kids liking it even talking about?

The old man is you and Hendrix is Trump. 

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There's an old man of the greatest generation watching Jimi Hendrix playing the national anthem at Woodstock on the TV. The man is wondering what the hell that black guy is doing with the guitar? Why is he playing with his teeth? Why is he making such horrible noices while playing the anthem, and most of all: why is he making such a mockery of it? And what are the kids liking it even talking about?

Your capacity for self-delusion never fails to amaze me.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Seems to me Meshugger is saying Trump is a prelude to Idiocracy or something.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The idea that Obola was born in Kenya was promulgated in 2008 by Hilzilla's hatchet man, Sid Blumenthal: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article102354777.html

Her campaign also circulated a photo of Obola in African garb, trying to spread the idea that he was a Muslim and un-American.

Edit: Dilbert's view: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/150449295541/when-reality-turned-inside-out

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Meshugger is obviously saying Trump's skills on the guitar are akin to a rockstar and when Trump gives his inaugaration speech it won't be a speech, but rather something like this:

Hillary on the other hand would only manage Mary Had a Little Lamb, which would immediately embarass us in front of our allies and tank our trade deals.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hillary on the other hand would only manage Mary Had a Little Lamb, which would immediately embarass us in front of our allies and tank our trade deals.

And then she'll fall over  :banana:

Don't worry, it's just a mild case of dysentery!

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hillary: "I am a banana"-- we at politifact rate this mostly true.

(Birther movement wasn't just started by some random democrats in Hillary's campaign, it was actively promoted by Sidney Blumenthal, perhaps Clinton's closest political confidante apart from Bill. That was the reason Obama vetoed Blumenthal having any official position while Hillary was SoS. He also promoted the 'closet muslim' theory which was promoted by Hillary in exactly the same way the birther movement was promoted by Trump- 'just asking questions' etc. It's another one of those technical answers from politifact, like Hillary being mostly banana, that is just utter crap from any practical standpoint. Hillary herself may not have started the birther movement, her campaign on the other hand definitely did and it was promoted by her closest confidants)

Your capacity for self-delusion never fails to amaze me.

Seems to me Meshugger is saying Trump is a prelude to Idiocracy or something.

I work outside the bounds of dialectical materialism.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So what is it then as I am confused? Is the media as many people on this forum suggest biased against Trump

The media is very biased against Trump and so the media is doing what it believes is it job to dissuade voters from him and to Hillary, the only problem is is that with most things in this country it's no longer subtle about it and the way they are going on is outta touch with a lot of people. So trump is playing that angle and gaining a lot of voters from simply having the media against him being president.

Weither he make a good president or not aside, he's doing a good political move that makes it seem he has some what decent knowledge on how politics goes.

Tbh to me it seems most Americans know that to get to that spot, the person is not gonna be a saint and we know they are gonna be somewhat corrupted but it's gonna be kept under wraps. What we don't know won't hurt us type mentality as long as it's not hurting us financially or physically (mentally I believe we crave the abuse). With Trump it looks like he has problems but they are fixable problems and are visible but not really overbearing (we haven't really been pro immigration ever really so that doesn't bother as many citizens) whereas Hillary is been open and obvious because she's been doing a very piss poor job at covering it up and we are used to politicians who aren't good at keeping their dirty laundry out of the open tried and jailed and/or some sort of action that makes them lose some or all their political power/position and she's refusing that.

Edited by redneckdevil

The media is very biased against Trump

Amusing how many people are saying this here because when you look to more liberal websites they will claim the opposite.

I.e. Complaints about how Clinton's health gets full coverage whereas Trump going to court for raping a child is barely touched on.

The media is very biased against Trump

Amusing how many people are saying this here because when you look to more liberal websites they will claim the opposite.

I.e. Complaints about how Clinton's health gets full coverage whereas Trump going to court for raping a child is barely touched on.

Well to be fair, the media dismissed Clinton's health issues as conspiracy, until she flat-out collapsed on camera. There is not yet a video of Trump raping a kid, but if there was...

Explosion reported in NYC, possible IED. My guess is Islam.

Another one here too http://www.nbc29.com/story/33121180/charlottesville-fd-investigating-explosion-on-downtown-mall

And a shooting in Minnesota http://kstp.com/news/st-cloud-police-crossroads-mall-report-shooting-stabbing/4267007/ 

Edited by Bokishi