What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

Mycroft is massively stupid.

Letting Moriarty and Eurus meet unsupervised was unbelievably stupid.

I do mean that literally. I don't think Mycroft would make such a stupid decision. It doesn't make any sense.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I could see past that, this show's had geniuses make dumb decisions before (last seasons villain keeping no insurance for his blackmail for example). But there's a difference between misdirecting your audience for a twist or simply cheating them for one and the girl on the plane is the latter.

To me the girl on the plane twist didn't work because

it became increasingly clear that it couldn't be 'real' fairly quickly in the narrative so the only twist was who the girl was which really wasn't a twist at all given the cast.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Got into an odd headspace and ended up starting that binge-rewatch of old Highlander episodes into the wee early hours of the morning.

The amusement factor of watching a show that started in 1992/93, so it has the rare blocky mobile phones with no texting, big hair on the women, a plethora of small "rat-tail" ponytails on the men, the fade out of the shoulder-pads on women's jackets, and characters that still go to the library to research things.

It's still interesting the way they did that show. Half a season set in the USA, then the next half all shot in Paris. Plus impeccable use of flashbacks to cover time periods and great music. 

Not to forget the amount of names before they were famous (such as a very young Marion Cottilard), or former pop stars/lead singers turned occasional actors playing assorted Immortals.The likes of Roland Gift (Fine Young Cannibals), Joan Jett (The Runaways), Roger Daltrey (The Who), Gary Kemp (Spandeu Ballet).

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Good Omens mini-series will come to Amazon and the BBC in 2018

At Terry Pratchett’s memorial service last year, Neil Gaiman announced that his friend and co-author had given his blessing to create a Good Omens television series without him. Now that series is underway, and more information is floating to the surface….

Good Omens will be a six-part miniseries that will air on the BBC and Amazon Prime in 2018–with Neil Gaiman himself serving as showrunner and penning the scripts. Here is Gaiman’s statement regarding the project:

“Almost 30 years ago Terry Pratchett and I wrote the funniest novel we could about the end of the world, populated with angels and demons, not to mention an 11 year-old Antichrist, witch-finders and the four horsepeople of the Apocalypse. It became many people’s favourite book. Three decades later, it’s going to make it to the screen. I can’t think of anyone we’d rather make it with than BBC Studios, and I just wish Sir Terry was alive to see it.”

Executive producers will include Gaiman and also Caroline Skinner of Doctor Who fame. No word yet on what time of year we can expect the series, or who has been cast, but we can surely expect more news in the coming months.

• Like 2

Neal Brennan 3 Mics on Netflix - I loved it and gave it 5 stars even though my wife thought it was a bit dark and heavy when he talks about depression, his other issues, and his family but those were the things that made it so great for me

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Really enjoying Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. Best idea I can give of it is Martian Successor Nadesico meets Attack on Titan. Two seasons so far, I'm two episodes short of finishing it and I give it a comfortable 4 stars out of 5. I'm not dying to rewatch the whole thing, but I am really wanting them to do a third.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Riverdale - Darker take on the Archie comics. Much better than I thought it be though  they obvious changed more than a few characters. Still in an especially good job on the three main characters even though they aren't super recognizable to the basic comics. I liked it well enough...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Really enjoying Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. Best idea I can give of it is Martian Successor Nadesico meets Attack on Titan. Two seasons so far, I'm two episodes short of finishing it and I give it a comfortable 4 stars out of 5. I'm not dying to rewatch the whole thing, but I am really wanting them to do a third.

That description makes me really want to watch now.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Graham Norton Show -  With Danny Boyle and the stars of T2 Trainspotting, Ewan McGregor, Jonny Lee Miller, Robert Carlyle and Ewen Bremner.  A few interesting background stories from them all over the original film, the new one, their friendships over the years and where they are now.

All this time, my favorite clearly American-English-speaking murder-bot on Agents of SHIELD, Aida, has been portrayed by a native Australian! Mallory Jansen, on tonight's episode, the writers gave her a new role ... a terminally ill human murder-bot Aida-template named Agnes, who is a dying yet indomitable Aussie. It was an incredible transformation, best episode this season, maybe of the last two or three years.

Also, Agent Vasquez back on Super G! Secondary characters, woo! 

All Stop. On Screen.

I caught up with S2E1 & 2 of The Expanse and it was really good. Im glad this show is back.

The Flash S3E12. Nothing special but I am looking forward to next week's episode which features GRODD!

The only part of The Expanse I don't like is that the first season was only 10 episodes. More, dang it! More.  :)

The Flash... is too whiny.  :ermm:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

The Flash is too repetitive. At the moment it's probably the worst of the CW hero shows.

I was prepared to be disappointed with The Expanse S2, since I liked S1 a lot and that usually means expectations get set too high. This time, I wasn't disappointed. Plus it's nice to see Ashur from Spartacus and Ula from Shortland Street again, though she's probably a bit young for the character she's playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Lethal Weapon.

It can be enjoyably popcorn silly, and then every now and again it pulls a serious emotional element.

• Like 1