What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

I'm willing to concede that I may be blinded by my fanboi-ism. :biggrin: What didn't you like about E8?

Theres two Chappelle specials on Netflix, the one Ive seen so far is The Age of Spin. I plan on watching the other one, Deep in the Heart of Texas, this weekend.

A few things felt off. I'm generally a fan of Shohreh Aghdashloo's acting, but in her scene where she dropped the F Bomb...it was a little flat. Didn't like the two Draper depositions either. The last scene at the freighter, I just rolled my eyes.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with Iron Fist the more I watch it. It suffers from the Prometheus issue of problems happening because people behave in increasingly stupid and irrational ways. Ward is an effing disaster and then some.

This aside I have many other reservations with the series so far too, not least the fact that whereas the other three sagas each had their respective vision and felt like they were trying to go their own ways, this feels thoroughly pedestrian, like a watered down Daredevil. They have a pretty interesting character with a fairly intriguing backstory and could have worked on the new age mysticism to create something very different and much more visually striking than what we have here (think something akin to an urban Zhang Yimou), but instead we get the occasional overly choreographed fight scene in drab urban locations, where one dude's hand occasionally gets bright before he punches through a door or something, amidst a *lot* of perfunctory office drama. The only episode so far that seems to slightly stray from this path is the one directed by RZA, which is, yet again, anemic, silly and probably 33 chambers off of being something at all memorable. I wanted to at least say it's average, but it seems to increasingly be justifying its 19% RT score. It's bollocks.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with Iron Fist the more I watch it. It suffers from the Prometheus issue of problems happening because people behave in increasingly stupid and irrational ways. Ward is an effing disaster and then some.

This aside I have many other reservations with the series so far too, not least the fact that whereas the other three sagas each had their respective vision and felt like they were trying to go their own ways, this feels thoroughly pedestrian, like a watered down Daredevil. They have a pretty interesting character with a fairly intriguing backstory and could have worked on the new age mysticism to create something very different and much more visually striking than what we have here (think something akin to an urban Zhang Yimou), but instead we get the occasional overly choreographed fight scene in drab urban locations, where one dude's hand occasionally gets bright before he punches through a door or something, amidst a *lot* of perfunctory office drama. The only episode so far that seems to slightly stray from this path is the one directed by RZA, which is, yet again, anemic, silly and probably 33 chambers off of being something at all memorable. I wanted to at least say it's average, but it seems to increasingly be justifying its 19% RT score. It's bollocks.

Agreed. It seems to be getting worse. I can hardly get through more than one episode at a time now and I'm sticking with it solely because it feels like homework for upcoming shows.

• Like 1

Agreed. It seems to be getting worse. I can hardly get through more than one episode at a time now and I'm sticking with it solely because it feels like homework for upcoming shows.

Same thing with me, yeah.

Edited by algroth

Oh God, the ending for Iron Fist is SUCH ****ING BULL****. Just when you think there's no more room for characters to continue behaving like absolute imbeciles, in comes the seemingly most level-headed person in the group to be the next big villainous mastermind, or something of the sort. It's ****ing crap, and I feel ****ing insulted by this series. Thank the head monk of Kunlun it's finally over. It's a mess and a half.

I wish Iron Fist was outright bad, but it's just boring and mediocre so you keep pressing on hoping something will happen. It certainly falls apart near the end and Danny acts like an idiot throughout, but it's never bad enough to say "**** it" and turn off the TV.

Should have saved some time and made Davos the villain instead of the corporate drama and Harold the Zombie CEO,

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Watching Samurai Jack.

Kind of funny how easily he took out those daughters of Aku fanatics after all their buildup. Kills two with spears like nothing, just throws one off a cliff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watching Homeland. This season is not as interesting as the previous ones. I'm mostly interested in the story arch of one character. The rest is a bit boring. It's still good, but I'm more into the global politics stuff they have been doing,

I want to watch the new season of Black Sails, but I'm waiting for it to have all episodes released before I do.

The Flash S3E17

I enjoyed this episode more than I should have. And those pipes on Supergirl, who knew! Music Meister was an interesting foe although he seems greatly power up over his DC comics canon.

Well he was created for the Brave and the Bold cartoon, so I didn't expect them to be super close.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well he was created for the Brave and the Bold cartoon, so I didn't expect them to be super close.

I initially thought he was going to be a "Q" type character. When they coined his name as "Music Meister" I was gretly confused as that specific scenario, the "musical", was unique to Supergirl and Flash.

A few things felt off. I'm generally a fan of Shohreh Aghdashloo's acting, but in her scene where she dropped the F Bomb...it was a little flat. Didn't like the two Draper depositions either. The last scene at the freighter, I just rolled my eyes.

This was actually E9, which I just got around to watching last night. The freighter scene was pretty eye-rolly. Still loved it. :lol:

What's on the idiot box?

Commercials - lot's of 'em.

The only thing I watch on the telly is "Game of Thrones" and "Friends" reruns on polish Comedy Central.

At least nowadays.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The Expanse E10. So good, so good. Did you guys get a load of

the lifeform displayed on the tablet handed to the marine on the beach?! The one that wiped out the UN and Martian marines. Beautiful. Humanity gonna lose. :lol:

A question too, did

Amos get his brain magnetically wiped of emotion like the promolecule scientist?

But do you remember an episode or two ago when

his pilot friend found him kinda dazed wandering the station. Then later they got in a fight on the ship and he was emotionless and about to throw him down a shaft. Finally snapping out of it and saying "but then who would fly the ship", like he didn't care about his friend.

He also asked if the condition was reversible, maybe he had it done before and wanted those feelings back. Maybe he was just probing about his own psychopathy, is it a desirable condition given the world, that kind of thing. I think it's just something the writers threw out there. Who knows, maybe we are going to get backstory episodes like Walking Dead. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Amos went 'wobbly' after some kid berated him for being mean to the kid's mum. He was kind of out of it emotionally after that so I presume there's some sort of mummy related psychological issue there and not necessarily anything else.

I thought the Ganymede protomolecule looked almost exactly like a Mass Effect husk, in Draper's recollections of it at least.