The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

there's (...) some sense of "gravitas" (about Trump)

Donald_Trump_Offensive_Quotes_4067_5187.

Sure there is, buddy. Sure there is.

I should've explained what i meant with "gravitas" in order to avoid further pictures of facial gestures as way to retort. I meant it as a sense of responsibility in an earnest way. It can be seen in how his family seems to adore him, even his ex-wife comes out to his defence and how little complaints there are from people previously working within his organization (no complaints should make you really worried tough). The result of this love and admiration is nothing but the consequences of this gravity. It is nothing compared to what it should be in itself, but that's too much to ask in today's society.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I really feel bad for Americans this year. Hillary is everything everyone hates about politicians, Trump at first looked like a genius playing everyone, but now looks like he has no idea what he's doing, Gary Johnson is an establishment globalist pretending to be a libertarian, Jill Stein is an anti science feelz before reelz leftist. If I were American I would probably be voting Constitution party at this point.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Newest batch of mail, courtesy of the FBI and set up by wikileaks.

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328

-"The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad."

-"Bringing down Assad would not only be a massive boon to Israel's security, it would also ease Israel's understandable fear of losing its nuclear monopoly."

It's great that they have the best of intensions for the american people.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Trump was being a buffoon."

True, but that ain't new.

"And if those things you mentioned are real I might entertain the notion....."

L0L They are real. Are you that ignorant?

"but Volo lets be honest, I lived through Apartheid, I would assume you would trust my judgement on what is racism and what is not"

I don't. You are SJW Nazi. Always untrustworthy.

"BLM doesnt want to kill policeman or white people"

Kiddin' right? They literally chant 'death to white people.. espically white cops' on their marches. They celebrate and encourage murdering and robbing white people. They attack and harass any black who disagree with them using bullying, intimidation, and the like to try to get what they want.

btw, When I say BLM is racist and bullcrap I'm not referring to black people because there are certainly many white people are pure bullcrap too.

Let's also not forget BLM  anti gay stance - especially white gays.

But, hey, keep spinning for that hateful racist lying group.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

there's (...) some sense of "gravitas" (about Trump)

Donald_Trump_Offensive_Quotes_4067_5187.

Sure there is, buddy. Sure there is.

I should've explained what i meant with "gravitas" in order to avoid further pictures of facial gestures as way to retort. I meant it as a sense of responsibility in an earnest way. It can be seen in how his family seems to adore him, even his ex-wife comes out to his defence and how little complaints there are from people previously working within his organization (no complaints should make you really worried tough). The result of this love and admiration is nothing but the consequences of this gravity. It is nothing compared to what it should be in itself, but that's too much to ask in today's society.

Responsibility may not be the right word. There's an interesting little story I remember from ages ago where basically, he's infamous for cheating at golf. The story spread because apparently golfing with him is insanely entertaining despite the fact you'll automatically lose due to him cheating (I guess people were less ashamed of making the accusation since they could still praise what a fun time they'd have with him), and it's super obvious his caddies are in on it and get paid generously for it, but yeah, it hardly screams "responsible."

Jill Stein is an anti science feelz before reelz leftist.

Can I get some sources on this? I only ask cause I recall people saying she was against vaccinations but I briefly saw her in an interview where her answer was "of course not" when asked if that were true. I know very little about her but the little I've seen definitely seems to be loaded with conflicting reports.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

, Trump at first looked like a genius playing everyone, but now looks like he has no idea what he's doing,

This reminded me of something I read a while back. Gary Kasparov was on a train in Poland and sees a guy playing chess by himself and strikes up a conversation with him. Apparently this guy had no idea who Kasparov was so he offered a friendly game to pass the time. Kasparov said after 10 moves in he was in trouble because he had no idea what this guy's strategy was. Every move he predicted his opponent would make was wrong. At that point Kasparov realized they guy had no idea what he was doing and finished him off quick. He was so used to playing disciplined players who had a plan he had forgotten most casual players are nitwits. And sometimes it's the nitwit that gets you!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't really like the idea of calling inexperienced players - regardless of what it is being played - "nitwits", but that sort of thing holds true for many other competitive games where you directly face off with other players, too, including video games. In a first person shooter like Counterstrike, for example, experienced players will know that certain movement lanes during certain times of a round are just absolute murder holes, and will know that other experienced players will just almost always not use them during those specific times. An inexperienced player, on the other hand, may aggressively (foolishly, you might say) push through those murder hole areas, perhaps while having the benefit of their teammates making noise in other areas, and take experienced players by surprise while they happen to be looking elsewhere at that moment. Inexperienced players may also hide in or guard odd spots that an experienced player wouldn't think to check or counter, perhaps because the meta-game has overwhelmingly concluded that said spot is not really a spot to be in at all, and is a good recipe for getting killed with little ability to do much in return if you happen to be caught there at the wrong time by a player actually thinking you might be there...and so the experienced player assumes another experienced player would not use said spots, but aha, an inexperienced player may be able to take deadly advantage of that assumption.

If chess had the sudden death nature of a video game like Counterstrike, maybe Kasparov would've lost that game.

(e): I forgot this was the Elections/Politics topic.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The term wasn't intended to be a pejorative. I was just reminded of that story because Oerwinde pointed out that the media and the parties are so used to candidates that do and say predictable things for predictable reasons that when they see a guy like Trump going off script they think he is playing a "deep game". By the time they realize he's making it up as he goes along it's too late. Just like the example you pointed out. But you're right about something else too... in chess you can survive a mistake (probably) not in shooter games!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

:lol:  Be careful WoD! You might turn up missing for asking questions and pointing stuff like this out! Or worse you'll "commit suicide" by blowing up your car or shooting yourself in the back with a rifle from 300 yds away. (That one is still my favorite).

Thomas Sowell

Worst case scenario, I hear Russia welcomes political refugees from the US ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

trump is a businessman. am not sure if he is a competent businessman w/o seeing his taxes, but he is a businessman.  some businessmen likes to  micromanage, or to at least know the details o' the business. other businessmen is just kinda "big picture" managers. these kinda guys don't worry the details 'cause they has hired the right guys to worry the details for 'em.  trump not need to know geology or architecture or legal or even plumbing, 'cause he gots geologists, architects, lawyers and plumbers to deal with problems when they arise.  is all big picture for trump as he believes he can identify the right kinda folks to get the little jobs done.  debt crisis, blm, healthcare... whatever. those is all little jobs.  get the right people to do those jobs, yes?  that's how Reagan did things, right? 

as we don't have tax returns, we don't actual know what kinda businessman is trump.  we know his dad were one o' the ten wealthiest guys in the US and we know that trump isn't. we do know that trump has had paid 0 taxes multiple times. we know that there were some shenanigans regarding the identity o' his tax preparer for at least one of his returns.  we wanna see returns.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/15/new-evidence-donald-trump-didn-t-pay-taxes.html

gonna keep linking. am not sure why trump supporters ain't more concerned.

oh, and Reagan's approach did work for the first half o' his first term, 'cause for all intents and purposes, Congress were working for the President at that time.  got elected with an overwhelming mandate from the people, and Congress responded.  the folks that actual make Law in this country is Congress. President has broad powers when it comes to international affairs, but domestic issues is handled by Congress... and the career bureaucrats who is functionally insulated from the executive.  Reagan always had difficulty with the bureaucracy, but at the start o' his Presidency, Congress danced to his tune.

trump don't have anywhere near the overwhelming support that did Reagan.  sure, at the start o' his campaign, Reagan were also a washington outsider who seemed to the media more like a joke candidate.  and why would they view him as anything other than a joke?

people would ask Reagan a hard question and he would respond with an anecdote 'bout a movie or his summer as a lifeguard or whatever.  is kinda baffling that it worked for Reagan, but trump's approach is different.  when asked a tough question, trump acts as if the solution is obvious, and that the questioner is an idiot or part o' a (The?) media conspiracy to destroy trump. if forced to respond, he observes that he will put the best people on the problem, perhaps ivanka. 

clinton is a moderate career politician and we would not typical consider voting for her.  too much skeevy self-interest and the clintons has always had a strained relationship with the truth. that being said, as a President's real power is foreign affairs, we believe that clinton will actual be a capable executive.  as much as many folks in the US despise clinton, her popularity beyond our borders is much better.  

*shrug*

trump is...

ever seen a car accident just before it happens?  as often as not, the first indication you got that a car accident happened is the sound o' car horns immediate followed by the loud crash as two or more cars slam into each other with bone shattering force.  but sometimes you actual see the accident unfold.  you see the guy pull his el camino into the bike lane and accelerate into an intersection in spite o' the fact that he gots a red light.  is literal nothing you can do to stop the guy, but you know what is gonna happen.  you cringe. your whole body tenses. you await the crash.  trump is the guy in the el camino, but the accident is happening in slow motion and can easily be stopped.  inexplicably, more than 1/3 o' the americans watching the developing accident is cheering trump forward. 

oh, and tax returns.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Okay, the idea of a Daily Mail investigation cracked me up

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay, the idea of a Daily Mail investigation cracked me up

I know of no reason why Kessler wouldn't be credible. He's been covering these subjects for a long time and he's the one who uncovered the Cartagena Secret Service scandal.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

trump is a businessman. am not sure if he is a competent businessman w/o seeing his taxes, but he is a businessman.  some businessmen likes to  micromanage, or to at least know the details o' the business. other businessmen is just kinda "big picture" managers. these kinda guys don't worry the details 'cause they has hired the right guys to worry the details for 'em.  trump not need to know geology or architecture or legal or even plumbing, 'cause he gots geologists, architects, lawyers and plumbers to deal with problems when they arise.  is all big picture for trump as he believes he can identify the right kinda folks to get the little jobs done.  debt crisis, blm, healthcare... whatever. those is all little jobs.  get the right people to do those jobs, yes?  that's how Reagan did things, right? 

as we don't have tax returns, we don't actual know what kinda businessman is trump.  we know his dad were one o' the ten wealthiest guys in the US and we know that trump isn't. we do know that trump has had paid 0 taxes multiple times. we know that there were some shenanigans regarding the identity o' his tax preparer for at least one of his returns.  we wanna see returns.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/15/new-evidence-donald-trump-didn-t-pay-taxes.html

gonna keep linking. am not sure why trump supporters ain't more concerned.

oh, and Reagan's approach did work for the first half o' his first term, 'cause for all intents and purposes, Congress were working for the President at that time.  got elected with an overwhelming mandate from the people, and Congress responded.  the folks that actual make Law in this country is Congress. President has broad powers when it comes to international affairs, but domestic issues is handled by Congress... and the career bureaucrats who is functionally insulated from the executive.  Reagan always had difficulty with the bureaucracy, but at the start o' his Presidency, Congress danced to his tune.

trump don't have anywhere near the overwhelming support that did Reagan.  sure, at the start o' his campaign, Reagan were also a washington outsider who seemed to the media more like a joke candidate.  and why would they view him as anything other than a joke?

people would ask Reagan a hard question and he would respond with an anecdote 'bout a movie or his summer as a lifeguard or whatever.  is kinda baffling that it worked for Reagan, but trump's approach is different.  when asked a tough question, trump acts as if the solution is obvious, and that the questioner is an idiot or part o' a (The?) media conspiracy to destroy trump. if forced to respond, he observes that he will put the best people on the problem, perhaps ivanka. 

clinton is a moderate career politician and we would not typical consider voting for her.  too much skeevy self-interest and the clintons has always had a strained relationship with the truth. that being said, as a President's real power is foreign affairs, we believe that clinton will actual be a capable executive.  as much as many folks in the US despise clinton, her popularity beyond our borders is much better.  

*shrug*

trump is...

ever seen a car accident just before it happens?  as often as not, the first indication you got that a car accident happened is the sound o' car horns immediate followed by the loud crash as two or more cars slam into each other with bone shattering force.  but sometimes you actual see the accident unfold.  you see the guy pull his el camino into the bike lane and accelerate into an intersection in spite o' the fact that he gots a red light.  is literal nothing you can do to stop the guy, but you know what is gonna happen.  you cringe. your whole body tenses. you await the crash.  trump is the guy in the el camino, but the accident is happening in slow motion and can easily be stopped.  inexplicably, more than 1/3 o' the americans watching the developing accident is cheering trump forward. 

oh, and tax returns.

HA! Good Fun!

You know Grom, you do have another option that is a viable candidate and on the ballot in all 50 states this year. Only three candidates can say that. Given your line of work that 3rd option might even be attractive. Yes the odds are long, but they are not zero and good things can come even from a loss this time. Just sayin'.

Thomas Sowell

Wikileaks violates privacy: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/08/23/innocent-lives-exposed-in-wikileaks-crusade-against-big-government.html

Obviously the reason AP is suddenly interested in this is because Wikileaks has started to publish anti-Hilzilla info.

Oh please. CNN goes on about how Clinton is a feminist and she lvoes women (being one herself, etc.) yet fail to mention this is a person who LAUGHS at female rape victims.That is sick, twisted, evil, and bias.

Again can you produce links that discuss how she laughed at rape victims?

Again, I'm pretty sure he means this

I've heard the recording and she's not laughing at the victim but her laughter in recounting the story is a bit disconcerting

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hillary should probably avoid laughing, somehow it makes her seem more mechanical rather than less. Though that's possibly because on the few occasions she is asked a hard question her immediate response seems to be to 'bark' laugh to get time to think of a response.

Jill Stein is an anti science feelz before reelz leftist.

Can I get some sources on this? I only ask cause I recall people saying she was against vaccinations but I briefly saw her in an interview where her answer was "of course not" when asked if that were true. I know very little about her but the little I've seen definitely seems to be loaded with conflicting reports.

It's Correct The Record FUD, so far as I could tell.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

You see? THIS is what happens when Americans get sick of Dempublicans and Republicrats. http://www.wlwt.com/duke-a-dog-wins-third-term-as-mayor/41323796

Thomas Sowell

HA! Good Fun!

You know Grom, you do have another option that is a viable candidate and on the ballot in all 50 states this year. Only three candidates can say that. Given your line of work that 3rd option might even be attractive. Yes the odds are long, but they are not zero and good things can come even from a loss this time. Just sayin'.

our certainty that trump won't win needs be absolute before we consider voting for a 3rd party candidate.  we marveled when folks acted as if sanders supporters and sanders himself giving clinton their support was some kinda mortal sin.  "how could you?" how? why? 'cause the freaking alternative is trump. duh. if our voting 3rd party has any chance o' resulting in a trump presidency, we would be irresponsible in doing so.  

the good news is that trump will be able to accomplish virtual 0 o' his domestic goals.  everything he wants to do is either blatant unconstitutional, or is a job for Congress or individual States.  trump will be impotent, particularly as he is Not a consensus building candidate.  liberals will be unified 'gainst him, and he is gonna split conservatives. doomed.

bad news is that once trump discovers that his domestic efforts is stymied by his own nature and by the federal system itself, he will possible become more concerned with foreign affairs.  the President has broad powers when dealing with foreign nations, and regardless o' what some believe, the US is still the most powerful economic and military force on the planet.  trump as President scares us.  he should scare you too.

3rd party? sure, just so long as chance o' trump victory is zero.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, the chance of Trump carrying YOUR state is essentially zero. I have a better chance of starting at QB this year for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers than Trump has of winning California. So the truth is your vote is safe to do with as your conscience directs. 

Thomas Sowell

Well, the chance of Trump carrying YOUR state is essentially zero. I have a better chance of starting at QB this year for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers than Trump has of winning California. So the truth is your vote is safe to do with as your conscience directs. 

due to our dual citizenship, we actually have a chance to vote other than CA.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

What are the chances of Pine Ridge(I believe) voting for Trump?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

What are the chances of Pine Ridge(I believe) voting for Trump?

south dakota? chances is extreme high.

HA! Good Fun!