The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

"I think volo thinks Trump is just some normal well meaning politician but I dont mean to target volo but he reminds me of many of Trumps supporters. They have this almost incomprehensible view Trump is a good guy who treats people well and knows how to " fix " the USA ?"

More ignorance assuming I'm pro Trump. LMAO Being anti Clinton is not pro Trump.

"Eh Trump runs his mouth like a total **** so it's hard to bother treating him as human."

But the person who laughs at rape victims should be treated as human?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's not either or.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eh Trump runs his mouth like a total **** so it's hard to bother treating him as human.

I agree, volo expects people to treat Trump with manners and not be critical 

I think volo thinks Trump is just some normal well meaning politician but I dont mean to target volo but he reminds me of many of Trumps supporters. They have this almost incomprehensible view Trump is a good guy who treats people well and knows how to " fix " the USA ?

Just like you expect them to not be critical of Clinton. She is every bit as nasty and uncivil as Trump.

GD  it feels like we  have the same debate every few days or so  :biggrin:

But please can we use some  honest perspective of the actual two personalities and mannerisms of Trump and Clinton

Its unfair to say Clinton is as nasty as Trump, he has offended so many people with his indifference and lack of consideration around his choice of words and bravado

Clinton hasnt offended nearly as many people or minorities, for example Trump has offended me several times but I will agree Clinton has trust issues. But does that make her nasty ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Clinton doesn't offend you when she laughs at rape victims? L0LZ

If anyone laughs at a rape victim I would be appalled and highly offended

But she didnt laugh at rape victims, you can ask Shady as he sent me the link and he read it as well 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, she definitely laughed at a guy getting raped to death with a bayonet in perhaps Boo's favourite youtube clip of all time.

(Said it before last time it came up, but she's clearly a reflexive laugher who does it at inappropriate times as it isn't actual 'real' laughter)

• Like 1

what Gromnir doesn't understand is those folks who laughed at seinfeld.  sick. twisted.  that show were never funny, and yet you folks kept it on air for almost ten years.  HOW could you people laugh at seinfeld and his pals just kinda being d!cks to each other for a decade?  

y'know, am pretty certain that seinfeld did more to hurt race relations in this country than those who fear trump imagine he is capable.  oh sure, trump is one o' those complete obtuse shmucks that just don't have any idea that he said or did something inappropriate... almost pity the jackarse at times.  but seinfeld created a national humor gap, a wound, that is only now starting to heal.  white majority would repeat seinfeld jokes or humor that they enjoyed during must-see-thursdays and us minorities would stand 'round baffled and uncomfortable, wondering, not for the first time, "what is wrong with white people?" puzzle over what is wrong with clinton or trump is actual an improvement from the 90s. serious. there were an entire decade during which we were shocked by the crap that millions o' white people were laughing 'bout.

just sayin.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

because it's stupid and hilarious

not that I don't understand not liking it, but ultimately, if I find something enjoyable, it matters very little what others, even entire other demographics, think of it

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Shame the cast still lives though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

also, I would struggle to say that seinfeld itself created a "humor gap". that's strictly on its watchers, not the show itself. anyways, I mean, a more prudent question for seinfeld would not be "what is wrong with the people on this show", but rather "what is NOT wrong with the people on this show". :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

lord knows that Gromnir didn't blame the cast. 

"what is wrong with the people on this show"

is not our quote. were not our question.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yeah, I misread what you said, mainly because I haven't slept in about...20 hours. shrug. personally, it took watching many episodes for the type of humor to sink in and become acclimated to, so again, I can perfectly understand why many would not like it. it's a hard inquiry to answer fully.

the show, for its particular niche genre, is quite honestly rather mild by today's standards. that's actually one of the things that I like about it - unlike more modern shows of its kind, like sunny in philadelphia, it doesn't go so far over the edge of "normal" that I find it difficult to stomach like those other shows. but in regards to your original question, like I said, it's not something I can really answer.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Eh Trump runs his mouth like a total **** so it's hard to bother treating him as human.

I think volo thinks Trump is just some normal well meaning politician but I dont mean to target volo but he reminds me of many of Trumps supporters. They have this almost incomprehensible view Trump is a good guy who treats people well and knows how to " fix " the USA ?

Just like you expect them to not be critical of Clinton. She is every bit as nasty and uncivil as Trump.

GD  it feels like we  have the same debate every few days or so  :biggrin:

But please can we use some  honest perspective of the actual two personalities and mannerisms of Trump and Clinton

Its unfair to say Clinton is as nasty as Trump, he has offended so many people with his indifference and lack of consideration around his choice of words and bravado

Clinton hasnt offended nearly as many people or minorities, for example Trump has offended me several times but I will agree Clinton has trust issues. But does that make her nasty ?

You have the same conversations over and over because you either don't read what folks write or link to you in rebuttal or you ignore it all together. So then every time you make the same comment you get the same rebuttal!  :lol:

But on to your point this time, I find Hillary Clinton's condescending mockery every bit as offensive as Trump's bombast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDQ1vIuvZI

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I always found Cheers funnier than Seinfeld. But that's just me. That ending sequence with Norm & Sam and when he said "Sorry, we're closed" was the best series wrap ever.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just to remind everyone if all the negativity of Clintrump is getting tiresome it does not have to be this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPD8kPiOygA & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ03Eh5Fjbc

Thomas Sowell

More ignorance assuming I'm pro Trump. LMAO Being anti Clinton is not pro Trump.

:lol:  FACT!

Thomas Sowell

Really? Did Trump ever throw a bible at the head of a Secret Service agent who was sworn to protect him with his life? Did he ever start yelling obscenities at an agent just because the guy said "good morning"? Hillzilla is a hundred times more uncivil, nasty and vindictive than Trump ever was.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Really? Did Trump ever throw a bible at the head of a Secret Service agent who was sworn to protect him with his life? Did he ever start yelling obscenities at an agent just because the guy said "good morning"? Hillzilla is a hundred times more uncivil, nasty and vindictive than Trump ever was.

Were these events substantiated by a third party respected source?

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Were these events substantiated by a third party respected source?

One came from a book by a former Clinton campaign manager **** Morris. He was treated badly by the Clintons, her especially. You might figure he has an axe to grind but I don't think anything he said was altogether false. But it would not surprise me to hear there were some... embellishments. The other incident came from a book by a former secret service bodyguard. In the book he recounts serving four presidents.and their families. That one sounded pretty credible to me.

Thomas Sowell

Doesn't seem much worse than ridiculing a disabled person or any of the other Twitter troll like BS he always spouts.

Different flavors of bad. That's all. These are two deeply flawed people. Anyone with any sense would not want either of them in any position of real power or even spend five minutes in their company.

The President made a comment I think he meant as a joke on Saturday about how now that Trump is receiving intelligence briefings he will treat the information with the sensitivity it deserves. I'm thinking of the two now getting these Trump is not the one the FBI called "extremely careless" with classified info!

Thomas Sowell

The bible one sounds like an embellishment, only because it really caters to the audience that the secret service agent is writing for.  But yeah, both these folks are pieces of work.  Hillary treating people bad doesn't make Trump a better person, that's for sure.  

A lot of these allegations come from Ronald Kessler, I know no reason why he wouldn't be credible.

Here's an example of a supposedly neutral fact checker driving his own agenda: http://counterjihad.com/huma-abedin-the-muslim-brotherhood-whats-the-truth

Edit: Heh, just noticed they have the same last name. I didn't mean to imply the two things are in any way related.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan