The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

"Doesn't seem much worse than ridiculing a disabled person or any of the other Twitter troll like BS he always spouts."

Yeah. Agreed. Because being mean on the internet is equally the same as being physically violent with someone and verbally abusive in person. K.     

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Didn't say they were. But acting like a prick takes many forms but they all spring from the same defect.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guys remember when all we had to worry about was the fact that our president was a monkey and a puppet figure being exploited by a corrupt vice and administration for personal gain and potential for corruption, and we didn't have to worry about an idiot without a puppetmaster or a president that was fully mentally capable of greenlighting corruption? Those were the days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6tunbRcs8

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I am posting this for it's comedic value only.... and brother does it have some! :lol:

http://www.infowars.com/special-report-alex-jones-asks-hillary-clinton-not-to-kill-him/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Guys remember when all we had to worry about was the fact that our president was a monkey"

That's racist.

Don't care, Dubya totally looked like a monkey.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

"Guys remember when all we had to worry about was the fact that our president was a monkey"

That's racist.

Don't care, Dubya totally looked like a monkey.

vote for Bush or the monkey over Trump or Clinton.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Rubio is still a pretty young guy, I imagine he will get another crack at it down the road.

Oh, he'll certainly try.  And probably screw it up just as badly. 

The GOP is having to deal with Trump in part because all the folks who they thought/hoped would be the young saviors of the party-- Rubio, Walker, Jindal-- turned out to be really awful at facing any kind of campaign adversity. 

Rubio is still a pretty young guy, I imagine he will get another crack at it down the road.

Oh, he'll certainly try.  And probably screw it up just as badly. 

The GOP is having to deal with Trump in part because all the folks who they thought/hoped would be the young saviors of the party-- Rubio, Walker, Jindal-- turned out to be really awful at facing any kind of campaign adversity. 

Well, that is certainly part of it. Most of the people I know either are Republicans or lean that way (my social circle is pretty small) and the thing I hear the most from them they vote for the Republican candidates and then are horrified when the folks they elect go to Washington (or Nashville) and act like Democrats. More spending, more intrusion, more... more... more. I remember saying to someone about Mitt Romney; Can you name 10 things Romney would have done differently than Obama? Can you even name 5? The two parties are a lot more alike than they are disalike once you get past  the social issues. And I really think those matter far less to everyday people than the media and politicians will credit. 

Rubio rode into the Senate by talking the Tea Party talk. But he never heard the story about the man who rode a tiger. He's likely headed back for the Senate because his Dem challenger has a lot of corruption questions and is only running for Senate because he was about to be voted out of his House seat. But Rubio had to beat off three primary challengers to do it. To say the least his brand is not what it was. Of all the big Tea Party names only Mike Lee and Rand Paul kept faith and it didn't serve Paul in the end. 

So after the disillusionment of the past three elections  and a whole host of Republican candidates falling over themselves to offer up another bowl of vanilla creme democrat lite pudding and the conservative voters start looking for something different. Unfortunately they found Trump. And here we are. The sad truth is any of the other Republican candidates would have made a better President but I couldn't say for sure any of them would be doing as well against Clinton as Trump is.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I can't really complain though. If any other pair than Clinton or Trump were at the top of the ballot Gary Johnson would not be doing near so well or get as much attention as he has gotten. the best outcome I'm hoping for is Johnson getting at least 5%-10% of the vote and whoever wins the Presidency the congress is controlled by the other party. 

Thomas Sowell

Of all the big Tea Party names only Mike Lee and Rand Paul kept faith and it didn't serve Paul in the end. 

It would have served Paul just fine if he hadn't botched his campaign so badly.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Frank Sinatra talked about the Summer Wind. This year wasn't normal. Rubeo and the others couldn't hack it maybe, but maybe it's more complex than that. Easy to make fun of them for being young and arrogant, but that's not how I see it from over here. Everyone, from experienced and popular governors to wet behind the ears first year senators got beat with the Trump-stick. Man's like a man eating tiger and the Democrats like to think they've got him by his tail, but you all could end up with him as your president in January, and then we'll be talking about one more campaign that thought it could outlast and outride the Trump train. He Probably won't win, but then you've all got the alternative. bwahahahaha Election usually comes down to the lesser of two weevils. No way properly to judge that for this one.

Of all the big Tea Party names only Mike Lee and Rand Paul kept faith and it didn't serve Paul in the end.

It would have served Paul just fine if he hadn't botched his campaign so badly.

I doubt it. For whatever reason Paul lacks his daddy's country doctor appeal and comes off more of an ****. Not scientific at all, but that's why I think he crashed in the primary.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The wierd mangling of the names is a bit tiresome, no?

Why does she look worse than ever though? Is she behind Chicago gangs ? Interesting the article doesn't dive deeper into why the anti gang units were disbanded. Could be some BS like the Rampart division was up to.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've never understood it.  I mean, is the aim to come across like a petulant child?  

"Here is my opinion on this person, now let me call them names to make sure you do not take my opinion seriously."

And yeah, I see the hipocrisy.   :p

Edited by Hurlshot

I've never understood it.  I mean, is the aim to come across like a petulant child?  

"Here is my opinion on this person, now let me call them names to make sure you do not take my opinion seriously."

Don't care much one way or the other about calling the candidate names. Usually stuff that goes with talking about the other party. You have to throw some red meat out for the carnivores in your lot to keep up their rage. The problem as I see it from here is that Hillary isn't much of a Godzilla like creature. If you must mash up her name with a monster, make it an apt monster mash. Woman doesn't smash Japanese cities and grind tanks under her heel. When I first people saying Obamao and Ocommie I thought that was clever and even amusing. Drump and Hilzilla just don't reckon.

And yeah, I see the hipocrisy.   :p

Ok Hurlsnot.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The problem as I see it from here is that Hillary isn't much of a Godzilla like creature. If you must mash up her name with a monster, make it an apt monster mash. Woman doesn't smash Japanese cities and grind tanks under her heel. 

if she could spit forth gouts of radioactive fire, our vote would be hers w/o reservation.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

We're going to build a wall on the southern border. It will be 700' high and made of ice and stone and spells to keep the cartels, terrorists, and Others out. And we are going to overhaul the border patrol. From now on it will be a sworn brotherhood and the agents will join  for life. And they will keep us safe, for this night and all the nights to come!

Thomas Sowell

We're going to build a wall on the southern border. It will be 700' high and made of ice and stone and spells to keep the cartels, terrorists, and Others out. And we are going to overhaul the border patrol. From now on it will be a sworn brotherhood and the agents will join  for life. And they will keep us safe, for this night and all the nights to come!

Make fun of him for his meeting in Mexico, but MothTrumpra does himself some good measure when he doesn't sound crazy. Didn't foam at the mouth and didn't insult the Mexican people? That's a win for the man. Only better thing better he could do would be to fly over Mexico City and swoop down to attack Hilzilla. Sound crazy? Anything can happen in a year like this.