Leferd

The Grim Reaper doesn't seem to have any musical taste at all.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I think David Bowie is haunting me. I've had "Let's Dance" stuck in my head all day. But it is catchy.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think David Bowie is haunting me. I've had "Let's Dance" stuck in my head all day. But it is catchy.

Oh man, I've had Changes going for 3 days. It's funny sunday I put on Ziggy for the first time in, I don't know years, guess he's haunting us all :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

There's a really bittersweet street party in Brixton.  Fans gathering, singing the songs in unison..

That odd mix of celebrating his life and music while still remembering its happening because he's gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLG4mj6Wj5E

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Dammit, I was holding it so well until I saw this thread. Heard the news this morning but now I feel like crying.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Grim Reaper doesn't seem to have any musical taste at all.

Maybe it's just selfish and wants the good stuff all to itself.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

RIP.

That said, his scummy ex wife is a peice of crap. trash talks him while alive than cries crocodile tears after he dies. EVIL AND PATHETIC.

Yeah that type of thing really irritates me, people want to bad mouth me thats fine but dont feel now obliged to come to my funeral 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

RIP.

That said, his scummy ex wife is a peice of crap. trash talks him while alive than cries crocodile tears after he dies. EVIL AND PATHETIC.

Link?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

RIP.

Link?

Only links I can find are about Celebrity Big Brother UK releasing teaser video of her crying over the news and viewers complaining that the show/network was exploiting her.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

RIP.

Link?

Only links I can find are about Celebrity Big Brother UK releasing teaser video of her crying over the news and viewers complaining that the show/network was exploiting her.

Yes but you are notorious for not using the Internet properly    :w00t:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

RIP.

Link?

On Celebrity Big Brother Ms Bowie was apparently (I read this in the Metro) complaining before his death that Mr Bowie had purposely turned their son Duncan against her, because the gentleman no longer speaks or has any contact with her. Seems a little strange to discount her sons own feelings and logic as a grown man and blame Mr Bowie, but then again i'm with Philip Larkin on families.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

RIP.

Link?

On Celebrity Big Brother Ms Bowie was apparently (I read this in the Metro) complaining before his death that Mr Bowie had purposely turned their son Duncan against her, because the gentleman no longer speaks or has any contact with her. Seems a little strange to discount her sons own feelings and logic as a grown man and blame Mr Bowie, but then again i'm with Philip Larkin on families.

She's claimed that for years, including in her autobiography (IIRC).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Perhaps the general public have not read her autobiography, or are being re-acquainted with the lady, and are not aware of her personal matters. I was certainly surprised to hear her name brought up the other day, as i'd largely forgotten her.

Tea for the teapot!

Perhaps the general public have not read her autobiography, or are being re-acquainted with the lady, and are not aware of her personal matters. I was certainly surprised to hear her name brought up the other day, as i'd largely forgotten her.

I just wanted to point out it wasn't exactly a new claim for those who hadn't heard or who had forgotten.

Nonek sorry to put you on the spot like this but you haven't spoken to me for months and this was despite the fact I apologized to you

Its strange that you would hold a grudge for so long? But maybe you are not ignoring me but its just we have very little to say to each other ....which I doubt, I'm not sure if you know but I'm also from the UK. We really should be talking due to our shared legacy ?

John Milton