San Bernadino shooting

Drowsy Emperor

If you mean the cutoff for counting shootings, the pattern is the same before 9/11, though the specifics depend on the definitions. E.g. one count of lone wolf attacks 1968-2011 in US shows that about half or more were right-wing whites. The specific numbers aren't that important - nobody wants to say Muslim extremists aren't a problem. 

Because not everyone wants a full gun ban. Gun control sometimes literally means a tighter and more rigorously regulated system for gun sales.

Hm, though it was a funny dodge to avoid the issue of weighing body counts. Doesn't seem to be, as I said, a lot of the time people state they want gun control to prevent crazies getting guns or these shootings but when I ask for implementation they mean a ban. So always have to ask what they interpret that to mean, is rather strange.

Heh, maybe Chris Rock was on to something with the idea of bullet control

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Fine, by that logic we should also deport all white policemen in the country, since those bastards just cannot stop shooting black people."

You better do research.  White cops like to shoot white people too. Black cops like to shoot black people and white people as well. I say deport all police. PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Fine, by that logic we should also deport all white policemen in the country, since those bastards just cannot stop shooting black people."

You better do research.  White cops like to shoot white people too. Black cops like to shoot black people and white people as well. I say deport all police. PERIOD.

I have, in fact, done research, but I don't really need it here, since you're making my point for me. 

No you can't.  That's an asinine argument.  Don't treat me like I'm a ****ing idiot.  A gun is a tool.  You can take the gun away from the killer and he or she can still kill people with a different tool or even with their bare hands.  If you take the killer away from the gun the gun does nothing.

"You can take religion away from the killer and he or she can still kill people with a different ideology.  If you take the killer way from the religion the religion does nothing."

Except, when that ideology is steeped in hatred, intolerance, and preaches aggression toward heathens then said ideology does not do nothing, it creates new killers.  And I'm aware Christians have committed their fare share of atrocities throughout history, I'm not giving Christians a pass, nor any other religion...  except maybe Buddhists, I can't think of atrocities committed by Buddhists, though I could be wrong on that one.

Buddhists are peaceful, they are just monks who meditate and don't care about the world...

has an armed civilian ever prevented a crime in the USA?

Yes, many times, but wouldn't you know it? It is never broadcast on our media. You can chalk that up to conspiracy as many do, but I tend to think there isn't any money in it as it doesn't stir controversy.

Non-Americans can buy guns in America?

Everybody can buy gun in america original.gif

Provided they're not underage and they have a clean background. A VERY clean background.

Yes, numerous times, especially armed robberies, the videos and are all over the place but somehow fail to make it in the big news.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

No one care about Muslims because Muslims are bad people, there's always something wrong about Islam, Muslims are supposed to be eradicated...

There's nothing wrong with Zionism and Judaism, they are free to kill Palestinians

There's nothing wrong with Communists, they are free to persecute Uygurs

There's nothing wrong with white people, they are free to shoot Muslim families, they just mentally ill....

When a Muslim doing something bad..."it must be something wrong with the religion!"

Everything has happened

Except that.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No one care about Muslims because Muslims are bad people, there's always something wrong about Islam, Muslims are supposed to be eradicated...

There's nothing wrong with Zionism and Judaism, they are free to kill Palestinians

There's nothing wrong with white people, they are free to shoot Muslim families, they just mentally ill....

When a Muslim doing something bad..."it must be something wrong with the religion!"

Okay well I must say it took less time than I thought for you to admit this but well done for acknowledging this 

So what is the first thing you want to change about Islam?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay well I must say it took less time than I thought for you to admit this but well done for acknowledging this 

I don't understand your question, what i want to change about Islam? What do you mean by that?

Islam is a religion, there are millions of Muslims, and islam itself have many sects and branches

You are an atheist right? So what if i ask you "what do you want to change about atheism?"

I don't understand your question, what i want to change about Islam? What do you mean by that?

Islam is a religion, there are millions of Muslims, and islam itself have many sects and branches

You are an atheist right? So what if i ask you "what do you want to change about atheism?"

Oh I thought you said "there is something wrong with the religion " so I assumed you wanted to change Islam?

I dont think you can change atheism?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'd probably change their mascot, if I had my say.  

Atheists have a mascot ?

John Milton 

When it happens all the gun lover websites report on it, like its mo'****in' Pulitzer time.

I'm not the brightest star in the galaxy but even I recognize that the gun debate is entirely without substance.

America is violent because violence is culturally more acceptable than in other places. There are other countries that are poor yet not violent, filled with guns yet spared the things that happen in the US. There is no other explanation.

I personally think its because its a country made of strangers without the ties that european nation states have (not the fabricated nations of Africa and the Middle East and such). its not nearly as easy for events to come to a violent conclusion when people speak the same language, have more or less the same customs and habits. I'm not implying things are stellar in Europe, just obviously a tad better in that regard on average.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Qistina, a question.

Which Islam would you consider the least militant?

Would it be Shia? if so, why?

What sort of question is this? There is no such thing as "militan Islam", that term made by the west

Islam is Islam, no more no less, you western peoples love to play with terminologies

If you ask about militant Muslims, then i point my fingers to tell you