What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

a few weeks ago i got the entire painkiller series for 5 euro on steam. i had played the first long ago but none of the rest.

the first was as fun as i remembered it

the battle out of hell expansion had a distinct drop in quality

overdose was good, but way too many invisible walls

resurection had the interesting idea of open enviroments but it was WAAAAY too buggy. i even had to drop it because at the 4th level, as soon as the game started, the character would fall out of the map so there was no way to proceed

redemption (currently playing) is almost a chore... all maps are made of consecutive small rooms with about 100-150 (sometimes even 200) enemies spawning in waves and not a bit of originality on the design

lets hope it gets better in the next 2 games

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

It doesn't, you should have just bought the original. The sequels are not as good, which is a shame, because it seems like Painkiller was more of a lucky accident. Altho, People can Fly did move on to develop Bulletstorm, which is ... Noteworthy at least.

If you want an oldschool FPS which is chock-full of honest fun, get the new Shadow Warrior. It's exceptional, tightly designed, fast and just all around good fun. Also, it's got a quad-barreled shotgun.

• Like 1

It doesn't, you should have just bought the original. The sequels are not as good, which is a shame, because it seems like Painkiller was more of a lucky accident. Altho, People can Fly did move on to develop Bulletstorm, which is ... Noteworthy at least.

If you want an oldschool FPS which is chock-full of honest fun, get the new Shadow Warrior. It's exceptional, tightly designed, fast and just all around good fun. Also, it's got a quad-barreled shotgun.

already played shadow warrior... waiting for the sequel

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Because of the holiday I wasn't able to spend much time with Fallout 4; instead I played Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition on a laptop.

Pretty fun, only got my rear kicked twice (once with the Twin Fire thing-a-ma-bob, and now again with Braccus Rex.  Now I'll probably go back to F4 more, but hope to keep up with my D:OS game a little as well.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Hard West patch arrived earlier today so I'm back to playing that.  I'm now playing a scenario called Law and Order where I play a corrupt Inquisitor (is there any other kind?).

/rubs hands together

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Digital Edition.

Just bite me! :Cant's good-natured snarky icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

... I will, if you really really want me to Eldar....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

2014 was a really bad year for AAA gaming.

I very much disagree.  Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Super Smash Bros., and Shadow of Mordor were all awesome games.  Bayonetta 2 was my personal GotY for 2014, that's a 10/10 game IMHO, freakin' amazing.  Heck, Bayonetta 2 is my current frontrunner for Game of the Decade, it is the spectacle fighter perfected.

Yikes, with a list like that, it's no wonder I pray for a triple A gaming industry crash. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

... I will, if you really really want me to Eldar....

*Next* time, super Cal. :Cant's expansive grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm thinking of reinstalling Blood Bowl but it still hurts whenever I think about Bob the Bloodthirster (R.I.P. Bob).

In the meantime I've finally started playing Wasteland 2. It's so good, I love it. Instant Fallout nostalgia and it feels like I'm back in the 90's again, in a good way.

Edited by Serrano

Finished GTA V. It does many things great and many things mediocre. The game world is amazing with the kind of freedom it allows. Unfortunately it is wasted on missions that take no advantage of that freedom and are overall pretty basic. The ending felt rushed and the final mission a breeze that only takes a few minutes. I didn't even realize this was it until the final scene.

I liked my time with it but it definitely doesn't live up to the monumental sensation that its popularity and sales numbers imply. And I really don't get it when you get a game like Sleeping Dogs selling comparatively little.

most of the sales were day one or preorders, before anyone had the chance to play and review it

-Teknoman2-

Trawling through the code of Severance: Blade of Darkness in my clumsy attempts to edit the game more to my liking and I have found a few strange things: The tutorial area is a lot bigger than seems to be necessary, and there is a rather copious amount of information devoted to sneaking through it, I have to wonder whether this might have been an alternate gameplay mode at some point in development? Looking at the various maps I can see where sneaking might be extremely useful, and it would certainly fit the style of the combat.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Oblivion Walker unlocked in Skyrim, yeehaw, only got to kill a legendary dragon now and that'll be all achievements done.

Haven't really had a lot of time to play but I started a Human Mercenaries warband in Mordheim and promptly got "pwnd" (I think that' s the correct term) by the Sisters in my second expedition. The early game in Mordheim is really made more difficult than it would otherwise be due to the players not being able to kit out their warband as they see fit as all you have is whatever gear your units come with and whatever limited selection the shop carries until the first refresh. The AI doesn't have this limitation (or got damn lucky on the shop contents :p) leading to my rag-tag warband being up against Sisters in pretty great kit. The difference also showed in the Warband ratings, mine was 42, theirs 54... Either way, I got extremely lucky on the injuries only one had permanent repercussions but thankfully none that were unbearable for that unit (Broken Jaw on a Marksman).

Once payment for the first shipment is in things should stabilize for my Merc warband.

The loading times in Mordheim are really annoying though (devs are aware so here's to hoping for a fix) so I might do a little detour past Wolfenstein: The Old Blood in hopes a patch will have landed by the time I'm done.

Still Ori and the Blind Demon.

Gotta say that the stage where you have to escape the flood lit a certain platformer spark inside me that hasn't been lit in a really long time. Took me a lot of tries to get through but it was quite awesome.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0