What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Gotta finish off Hollywood and the associated maps, then I'm pretty much done my second Wasteland 2 play through.  I need to get the achievement for killing all three Gods Militia leaders, so a blood bath is in my future. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And I just finished the massacre in the Bastian.  Not sure if I'm going to bother with finishing the "end run".  IMO, the Seal Beach stuff was the weakest part of Wasteland 2.

Perhaps it's time for me to join the Fallout 4 bandwagon.  I've got the game sitting on my shelf, but haven't played it yet due to my finishing WL2 first.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Went hunting for wyrdstone.

First run was rather uneventful. A small group of my Sisters ran into trouble with some mercenaries and one of the girls had to rest for a couple of days afterwards, but we came out having secured a sizable amount of wyrdstone and without any lasting injuries.

Next run should have gone even better. We were hunting down a rival band of sisters who had gone astray. It was going perfect. We had smashed through half their warband, taking out their Sister Superior, Purifier and Augur without any casualties ourselves. Now normal foes would have run. These were fanatics though. With only the Matriarch and one Novice standing, they bashed my ow Sister Superior's head in, before they too fell to the righteous wrath of Sigmar's true faithful. 

Seriously bad luck. They pass one leadership check after the other. Both the Rout Checks and the All Alone tests, succeed in all attack rolls and I fail the parry, then get "death" on the injury roll. RNG had it in for me :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I actually suspect you're a bot, AntwanPar, mostly because I checked your link when I approved your post. It *is* a commercial link and that's a no no. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and figure maybe I'm reading too much into your post and just edit out the commercial link. Assuming that you're just a regular ol' poster, then I welcome you to the board and also mention that I think it's interesting to see Farmville 2 on your list. I think that's a facebook game? I don't do facebook games any more, but I used to play farmville way back when.

I hope to see you around posting and discussing games with people. Welcome to the board and please watch the links to commercial enterprises. :Cant's equable smile icon:

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Best Buy has some good deals on recent games.  I decided to order Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Batman Arkham Knight because both are currently on sale for $30 off their regular price for Black Friday.

NHL16 is also $30 off, but I'm just not into the hockey games at the moment.

As far as I'm concerned, Arkham Knight is the peak of the series. I also hope that you got it for PC for added gameplay - they added a minigame where you try to make the game not stutter on high settings, give up, and watch it stutter slightly less on default settings. Great game tho. Great game. Broken beyond belief. But great.

Edited by Fenixp

Mordheim:

Warband's rank 6 now and I've started taking on Brutal missions while still avoidoing all the ones with random/scattered deployment. I've been lucky lately as I haven't had any ambush missions in a while, though I should be able to handle them quite a bit better now that my Warband's member are between rank 4 and 7.

On the first Brutal expedition I started I got charged by my first Demon while I could see the enemy Warband's Ogre Impressive in the background (and there were no bridges or other stuff they tend to get stuck behind between him and me...). That scared me for a bit, especialy when the damn demon just split into two on death! Fortunately the AI did its usual "dunno what to do with this impressive" thing and kep running into a wall for a few turns, only to try to charge me from behind through a door that was much too small for it... This gave me ample time to deal with the demon and the rest of the enemy warband and turned what could have potentially been a *very* nasty situation into a pretty easy mission, I even managed to stall things so I could grab most of the Wyrdstone in the mission.

Did a few more expeditions but nothing truly remarkable happened in those except that my "backups" gained a few ranks.

Skyrim:

Started pushing the main quest forward since istr you at some point need an Elder Scroll which leads you to the quest that ends up giving you the Oghma Infinium, which is the last Daedric Artifact I need for the Oblivion Walker achievement. The main quest just reminded me again of Bethesda's "great" storytelling, the Blades holding a major grudge against a dragon that did nasty stuff millenia before they were born makes perfect sense. Not. Humans can barely retain grudges a few generations far (thankfully) making the entire situation entirely absurd. Anyway, I'll tell them to get bent again and move on (aren't they supposed to serve me anyway? Eh, whatever, I don't need those tools).

Pink Horror of Tzeentch properly splits now? That is good to hear.

It is the easiest daemon though. Bloodletters and Daemonettes are the real terrors. And Plaguebearers are nasty as well.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Picked up Ori and the Blind Forest on the STEAM sale. Looks lovely and the controls feel really smooth.

Unfortunately, some of it feels a bit too fast for my taste. I think I'm really out of shape on these types of games, getting owned left and right.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So much for the Best Buy Black Friday sale.  The website was down most of last night (when I was trying to get on it), and then when I finally could access it and place my order, the thing kept timing out.  By the time the site was stable, Batman was out of stock.

Good job, Best Buy.  One of the busier online shopping days of the year, one in which you advertise like crazy for, and your website is down.

More Uncharted collection and i'm slowly getting back into Bloodborne.  I've forgotten how beautyful Uncharted could be, and it translated so well in to 1080p :o

Got that sitting on my shelf.  I bought it the same time I bought Wasteland 2, but decided to go for WL2 first.

I've taken a few day break from Hard West on account of a patch incoming in the next couple days.  I don't want to start another scenario in case the patch breaks savegames or something.  I'm starting to get close to the finish line in Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry.  I'm in chapter 4 and games rarely have more than 4 chapters.  The game definitely gets more interesting in the mid to late stages, the beginning part is kind of boring.  Part of it is, I guess, having a more powerful warship and being able to take part in a lot more battles, which is the highlight of the game for me.  Also, there was a section running through a temple toward the end of chapter 3 with a bunch of traps and puzzles which was a nice change of pace.  Plus, there are just more interesting characters to meet later in the game.  I still have a couple of treasure locations I haven't visited, so I should check those out before starting any endgame scenario, not that I need the gold.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just rented Bloodbourne and gave it a try, and it didn't last long. I expected the action element, but not that the character would move as if underwater. I also play fighting games from time to time, and for action based combat, this game's character moves too slowly to even compete in a real life fight.

Press Button
Wait.
Wait..
Wait...
Something Happens

Horrible action. They could do with a better mechanics designer.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

I just rented Bloodbourne and gave it a try, and it didn't last long. I expected the action element, but not that the character would move as if underwater. I also play fighting games from time to time, and for action based combat, this game's character moves too slowly to even compete in a real life fight.

Never play Souls series then, they're even slower :-P And don't use fighting games and "real life fights" in the same sentence if you want your argument to be taken seriously.

Seriously tho, I hated Dark Souls when I first played it, partly for how slow and dull it seemed, and Bloodborne shares Soul's DNA. The thing to understand about those games is that they're all about patience. They're very specifically designed to not reward speed and reflexes. Sure, you do need some semblance of speed and reflexes to play them(especially Bloodborne), but for the most part, the skills you have learned in fighting games and spectacle fighters are all quite useless.

Running into a situation unprepared will get you killed. Actually, just generally running around unknown areas will get you killed, period. You need to patiently analyze, explore. You need to watch your opponents and figure out how they behave before you'll have any chance at beating them regularly. There's a lot to learn in that game - but the speed you have learned in other action-oriented games is not really going to help you.

Never play Souls series then, they're even slower :-P And don't use fighting games and "real life fights" in the same sentence if you want your argument to be taken seriously.

Regardless of what you personally want to take seriously, I don't write B.S. IRL, a person who moved that slow would be owned by anyone with actual experience fighting, unarmed or otherwise. Finally, while people don't typically move as fast as fighting games portray, they do move much faster than what I saw in that game. The bottom line is that action is too slow to be labeled "action" anything in my book. A mechanic designed around timing without reflex is a "press button A at the correct time" game... Most platformers do a better job of that.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Regardless of what you personally want to take seriously, I don't write B.S.

Never said any of your arguments are BS and I also never claimed characters in Bloodborne don't move slowly, you're spending time contradicting arguments I never made in the first place ;-) I guess I didn't make myself particularly clear and what I said was meant in jest, thus continuing with "Seriously" - my point is that you were speaking of fighting games and making an indirect comparison to real life, when I have never in my life seen a game realistically depicting melee combat of any description - combat's either too simplified and automated or work entirely differently to anything you can see IRL. I don't believe it's even possible to create in-game mechanics which precisely reflect melee combat, all we can ever get are approximations. And Souls series along with Bloodborne attempt to approaximate act of measuring up, estimating and researching your opponents as opposed to being faster than they are - if speed is what you expect of the game, you have missed the point entirely.

As for pressing the right button at the right time - you have just described all games ever. If your point is that Blooborne is too easy you're either extremely good at playing videogames or you didn't get too far.

Edited by Fenixp

You're insane.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Severance: Blade of Darkness.

One of the underreported aspects of this game is the atmosphere: The music, the fantastic shadow work, the graphics and setting all add that certain gloomy magnificence that makes this superior hack and slasher so memorable. I just wish there were a way to learn different combat styles, for instance Tukaram weilding Naglfar or Sargon's weaponry, as lets face it the Barbarians equipment becomes frankly ludicrous after a few levels.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Call of Juarez games.

Started the first one, reeks of "old game" syndrome, but was surprised to have a very explicit "hooker opens your pants and comments on your size" moment.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still completely unable to get into Fallout 4, so I've taken a diversion and picked up Darkest Dungeon. Prior to that I tried a little Long Live the Queen, but that was a short-lived disappointment. I've only done a few easy missions so far, but it's far more engaging than FO4, and very much has that "one more mission" feel to it.

Downsides are probably that the short missions feel about the right length for me, and so the longer ones might end as boring slogs, but I'll find out for sure when I actually tackle some of them. The balance of dungeon-delving to town management feels about right with the short dungeons at the moment anyway. It may also be a game that's prone to grinding because of the easy availability of just spamming low level dungeons, and because its enforced ironman saves means playing in an extremely risk-averse way. Another issue is that your characters, despite the good variety of classes and the individual traits and quirks they pick up, end up feeling kind of samey after a while because there's really only one set of sprites for each class, each character of that class just being a simple palette swap. They feel quite a bit less individual than XCOM, which is probably the closest game I have to compare this to. I like the town management here better than XCOM's base building, so far.

tl;dr: Darkest Dungeon > Fallout 4 > Long Live the Queen.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G