Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

Heh, companions. One of the last things I've seen before quit playing Fo4: My stuff at that rocket hideout location got attacked by supermutants and I've just parked my power armor at the crafting station. What happened? Valentine ran up to my power armor and snitched it. Couldn't figure out how to get him out of it again, so I just traded off all the armor parts and attached them to one of my other power armors (I had like 6 or 7 by now).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Companions. Yeah no surprise on that one. I don't put much in Bethy writing when it comes to companions, romances.

Companions are great, much better than New Vegas.

On the surface yeah - they are initially a lot more interesting.. but after about 5 minutes you realize there's not really gonna be anything new to them and they add very little to the gameplay, they are like static NPCs that just follow you around.. Much like Skyrim.

Fallout 4 companions with NV companion quests would've been awesome.

It's great how they comment on different locations and situations, even actions your character takes. They're not static at all. And some do have interesting quests.

I agree that Piper is boring.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Getting a might frustrated, have a quest to return to mayor Kessler at Bunker Hill and trying to persuade her to join the Minutemen. The trouble being is she's walking around, starts the quest return dialogue when I'm within a certain distance, and as conversation options come up to reply or persuade her.... she starts walking away.  Even if she's sat down when I start the conversation, she will stand up in the middle of the "cinematic" part of the conversation and walk away. Which ends the conversation before you can actually make any replies, and then won't let you start the frikkin thing up again.

>_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I get that also on some other people and their quests. They want to randomly walk around as your talking, ending up breaking the convo and you have to start over again. Stand still you morons and lets finish the conversation first.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Companions. Yeah no surprise on that one. I don't put much in Bethy writing when it comes to companions, romances.

Companions are great, much better than New Vegas.

On the surface yeah - they are initially a lot more interesting.. but after about 5 minutes you realize there's not really gonna be anything new to them and they add very little to the gameplay, they are like static NPCs that just follow you around.. Much like Skyrim.

Fallout 4 companions with NV companion quests would've been awesome.

It's great how they comment on different locations and situations, even actions your character takes. They're not static at all. And some do have interesting quests.

I agree that Piper is boring.

I've only had one single comment from McCready, and that was inside the same "zone" where I recruited him from. Not a zip after that. I mean sure, they all throw the generic "I have a bad feeling about this place" type of comments all the time but I'm so use to those I don't even register them anymore, what I would expect is unique and relevant comments but haven't heard any.

Heh, companions. One of the last things I've seen before quit playing Fo4: My stuff at that rocket hideout location got attacked by supermutants and I've just parked my power armor at the crafting station. What happened? Valentine ran up to my power armor and snitched it. Couldn't figure out how to get him out of it again, so I just traded off all the armor parts and attached them to one of my other power armors (I had like 6 or 7 by now).

For someone who "borrowed a friend's game", you sure managed to play a lot.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

For someone who "borrowed a friend's game", you sure managed to play a lot.

Still looking for pirates under every rock I see... Like war some things never change... :p

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I played it for 4 days straight on a relatives computer via Steam. I thought this would qualify me for posting in here- after all, some folks seem to want this be a requirement. But maybe I'll have to post a steam profile for proof or whatever.

/Edit: Then again, it could be anyone's steam account, so still no proof. Damn, I better record a video next time.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

maybe because he doesn't like competition, and wants to be the only pirate on these seas boards?  :biggrin:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Is it me or do most non-energy weapons suck big time?. Sneaking/Sniping is my specialty but I have yet to find a good auto assault rifle or even a good semi-auto sniper one. Bolt action rifles are painfully slow. Also, now that are level 30+, most 10mm or .38 ammo based gun are just laughable.

I like to tinker so I have the fourth level in gun nut too (and two or three levels in science too).

Shotguns are pretty good too but I am out of ammo now.

Edited by eLPuSHeR

Not the best first impression the game could have given me:

L8VHHMc.jpg

Okay, so I goofed and spent all my minigun ammo trying to snipe raiders from the roof. I took it that trying to take out the deathclaw with my puny small arms might be somewhat challenging, so in typical fashion the most expedient way to take it out is to exploit classic Bethesda AI. The whole time here, the deathclaw is charging headfirst into the wall while I plink away at its tail. I mean, rationally I would just choose to slink away and not engage the thing, but thou must.

Eh...I let the deathclaw kill the raiders then used the minigun to explode cars while the deathclaw passed them, using the least amount of minigun ammo... :)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I probably should have gone with automatic weapons since you can make an automatic version of just about anything. They are rubbish at VATS, but VATS is kinda tedious in the long run anyway. If you don't chose automatics as the levels increase you will effectively be stuck with just the one weapon type. Gun mods and other perks can help, but it's never going to be as effective as the weapon skill you chose to develop fully.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Beta patch is out and doesn't fix a single one of my stuttering issues.  It's not that the game is unplayable but it's just horribly uncomfortable, whenever I sprint there's this weird bumpy vertical juddering motion that sometimes builds up into a ridiculous shuddering.  Weirdly enough using noclip mode makes the issue go away so I tend to think it's a physics or animation glitch rather than framerate pacing.  

Either way I'm still pretty damn disappointed  :getlost:

I've had micro stuttering for years, in different games over different setups with vastly different hardware components.. I'd love to know what causes it, it's super annoying.

If it's not physics, I've found disabling ambient occlusion helps a great deal with AMD cards.

Fortune favors the bald.

Beta patch is out and doesn't fix a single one of my stuttering issues.  It's not that the game is unplayable but it's just horribly uncomfortable, whenever I sprint there's this weird bumpy vertical juddering motion that sometimes builds up into a ridiculous shuddering.  Weirdly enough using noclip mode makes the issue go away so I tend to think it's a physics or animation glitch rather than framerate pacing.  

Either way I'm still pretty damn disappointed  :getlost:

Does it fixes horrible controls?

I've had micro stuttering for years, in different games over different setups with vastly different hardware components.. I'd love to know what causes it, it's super annoying.

If it's not physics, I've found disabling ambient occlusion helps a great deal with AMD cards.

Stuttering drives me round the twist and it's almost always the first thing I need to fix when I get a new game.  This is taking the piss a bit though, there's only one solution (and oh I've tried many) that gives me a smooth experience (iFPSClamp=60) but it also happens to break several game events so I'm stuck until Bethesda fix the damn thing.

The really frustrating thing is that I appear to be the sole sufferer of this particular kind of stutter...or no one else has noticed it yet  :banghead:

Does it fixes horrible controls?

Umm, I think you can rebind a few extra keys now.

Is it me or do most non-energy weapons suck big time?. Sneaking/Sniping is my specialty but I have yet to find a good auto assault rifle or even a good semi-auto sniper one. Bolt action rifles are painfully slow. Also, now that are level 30+, most 10mm or .38 ammo based gun are just laughable.

You want a "two-shot" weapon or a weapon with explosive ammo.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well this came as a surprise to the end of the GI show.

https://youtu.be/7hqYxXEdw8U?t=9149

Next obs game is a new incarnation of Stormlands/North Carolina, already signed with a publisher(paradox?), there might be additional crowdfunding...

Fallout spinoff seemed like a long shot but vampire seemed likely to happen. Nonetheless I'm excited for this new incarnation of  Stormlands/North Carolina.

• Like 1

I finished the game as tool of the Brotherhood. Ad Victorium.

All I have to say about the game in regards to Shaun, a major let down. If Bethy focused on the story like they did with the FPS part of the game and crafting, it would have come out better.

On a side note, after finishing the game and returning back to my home base of Sanctuary Hill, it was finally attacked by stupid mutants. They went down like dominoes thanks to my lazy settlers and the massive defenses I have built around the place. 

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Brotherhood are hilariously incompetent. Their mosquitoes get shot down no matter whom they fight - gunners, raiders, super mutants, even feral ghouls.

The first few times I saw them I thought "great, the calvary, I hope they don't kill everyone without me!"

It was not long until the boom. It was like 5 raiders FFS.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You want a "two-shot" weapon or a weapon with explosive ammo.

What do you mean by "two-shot". I usually carry a fat man as backup for those beefy baddies. I don't like missile launchers because I find them quite slow compared to damage provided.