What are you playing now?

Finished up DA: I, the main story feels like it lacks fleshing out, we don't really learn anything about the main villain (or he could simply be as one dimensional as he appears, of course), for example. It's a decidedly average game and pretty short if you cut out all the repetitive filler content but I enjoyed my time with it (or I wouldn't have finished it), though unless they release DLC that actually flesh out the main story (my female Dalish Inquisitor has a few questions left for Solas, for one ;)) I don't see myself returning to it anytime soon.

Oh, and I actually liked Leliana in this one.

Apotheon. Great 2D sidescrolling ARPG. Cool art style, pretty decent combat mechanics (that are a little frustrating to control at first, but you should get used to not too slowly)...simple plot, but decent enough and complimented well by some pretty good voice acting. A little too easy at times, though: I recommend playing on the harder difficulty, where most of the additional difficulty comes from the fact that when you're hit mid-attack, your attacks are interrupted just as normal enemies are (which is not how it works on the normal difficulty, where you keep swinging even after getting hit). Game also lasts a little longer than I felt it should've...but that's fine, really. Overall, I had a pretty good experience.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Sadly, this game isn't going to be able to follow up on my high from The Witcher 3, but few could that aren't from Telltale.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Fallout New Vegas. Finished Dead Money and starting Old World Blues.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Still doing New Vegas too. Though, not much playing. Mainly modding... for months already. Should find me another game soon.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Who am I. I was minding my own Playstation 4 business when my local game store offered $150 trade-in credit for the exact Xbox 360 I have stored in the closet. Okay, but I don't want an Xbox One. I already have a PS4, obviously. Coincidentally, or concurrently, depending on your muse, Microsoft is promoting a free game with purchase of an Xbox One. So, if I trade my 360S paperweight for a Halo system bundle, I get an Xbox One with the Master Chief Collection and Arkham Knight, all for two bills plus tax. Arguably similar to getting a new console for $80. 

ReCore and Tomb Raider, I am coming for you. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I started belly crawling through the wasteland sniping an people's ankles in FALLOUT TACTICS, the only Fallout game I've never played.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Playing GTA V still, is rather fun to cruise around at night. Almost a substitute for a life!

Might play more Door Kickers as well, taking too long on some missions

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Halfway through chapter 3 in RE: Revelations 2. The game is pretty much more of the same as Revelations 1, but in a less interesting setting (imho, it gives me some serious Tomb Raider vibes, the newest Tomb Raider, that is), though going through the same areas twice with different characters (and seeing the effects of the others that came through first) is interesting, they spiced it up compared to the previous game by allowing actions done by the first two characters to pass through to have effects on the second two (eg. depending on what you two the others will be able to access extra goodies and/or will have an easier/harder time in the level).

The boss fights so far have also been less frustrating than in Revelations 1, we'll see if it stays that way though, wouldn't be surprised if the final boss turns out to be an insane difficulty spike, like in the last game.

Still not sure about the lockpicking minigame, either I'm doing it wrong or it's just a big "**** you" towards colourblind people as I really can't tell by the supposedly changing colour whether I'm near the unlock point or not. Generally I can figure it out in a few tries by measuring the distances between where it fades and then more or less picking the middle point, but this often fails when it's near the border.

Most of the time it's only a minor annoyance but there was this part where there was a box in a timed section (if you're not fast enough you either die or have to skip the box) that I just couldn't get done in time, so I had to give up on that box. Thankfully I only lost out on (potentially useful) loot but game progression wasn't blocked (unlike that horrible spectrometer minigame in Arkham Asylum that actually resulted in me giving up on that game).

At least I can be glad that some game designers manage to turn something that's a minor handicap irl into a major source of frustration... ;)

Thankfully both inXile and Obsidian included colourblind modes in their games, which I can only applaud, though I've personally not needed it in PoE nor in W2 (which, of course, is even better, though that by no stretch of the imagination means that other colourblind people do not need it to be able to play these game).

Edited by marelooke

Finished up DA: I, the main story feels like it lacks fleshing out, we don't really learn anything about the main villain (or he could simply be as one dimensional as he appears, of course), for example. It's a decidedly average game and pretty short if you cut out all the repetitive filler content but I enjoyed my time with it (or I wouldn't have finished it), though unless they release DLC that actually flesh out the main story (my female Dalish Inquisitor has a few questions left for Solas, for one ;)) I don't see myself returning to it anytime soon.

Oh, and I actually liked Leliana in this one.

That was exactly my complaint about DA:I.  Too much of the game is made of the open world filler quests (which were lacking in quality), and too little of it was made up of the main story quest.  Thus, the main story suffered from seeming too short and not really fleshed out, and the game ended up dragging because the first time through you went through all the side content thinking it might actually tie in to the main quest, but finding out after 100 hours of trudging through boredom that it doesn't.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Got attacked in GTA online, blew up his car twice. Dumb of me as that cost me 50k, oops. But what made it funny was him going off on me being a dumb ****, the reason girls shouldn't play games and a whole lot more trash talk. Been a while since I wound someone up so, was rather enjoyable :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dreamfall Chapter 3 was pretty terrible overall. It's about time this self-indulgent Dreamer nonsense is over.

You finished it that fast?

2-3 hours.

There are no real puzzles, just running around to hotspots but this time around most of the city is closed off anyway or you're railroaded.

3D TellTale style interactive movie pseudo adventure games just suck. At least Shenmue had a ton more going for it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So I just went ahead and ordered Resident Evil Revelations 2 off of Amazon (had to buy my mom a book for her birthday, so I figured why not get something to qualify for the free shipping).  Hopefully it's as good as RE Revelations 1 was.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

2-3 hours.

There are no real puzzles, just running around to hotspots but this time around most of the city is closed off anyway or you're railroaded.

3D TellTale style interactive movie pseudo adventure games just suck. At least Shenmue had a ton more going for it.

Seems to be getting worse each episode.

2nd mission in Fallout Tactics looming tonight. Hope I recognize "raider in a red jacket" contact and don't blow him away. Friendly fire...it happens.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

3D TellTale style interactive movie pseudo adventure games just suck.

Tell me that to my face!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

3D TellTale style interactive movie pseudo adventure games just suck.

Tell me that to my face!

Shots fired! 

Me, I got nothing to play.  I finished all the games I've been really wanting to play, I'm taking a break from Strife (waiting for an update to address the massive balancing issues), and nothing is jumping out at me.  I might break down and *gulp* try to play an RTS during the Total War free Weekend.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why do you keep calling the Total War series an RTS? It's a turn-based strategical map game a la Civilization first - the RTS bits are completely optional! :p I mean, unless you're gonna be playing it for the quick skirmishes exclusively...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Aha, just when things seemed darkest I was delivered from the anguish of boredom.  A free Portal 2 mod called Portal Stories: Mel just released.  I love puzzle games and I love Portal, so I'm all over this.  Hopefully it's good.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks