List of bugs that everyone should know about (Game Breaking)

zephiris

Question

Hello Developers,

As much as I love this game, I can not play the game in its current form. Which really saddens me. 

The reason being there are a few game breaking bugs that we can not even reverse ourselves.

List of game breaking bugs you should be aware about and fixing ASAP next patch. As we can NOT play the game as intended!!

Nr 1 http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73449-stat-bonus-modifiers-can-erroneously-be-applied-multiple-times-allowing-stats-to-grow-beyond-intended-values/ 

The mother of all game breaking bugs and the main reason so many people are complaining that the game is too easy on HARD difficulty.

Loading a Savegame in the same map where you picked up a companion, and the companion is wearing armor that boost <random stats>.

Each time you load a savegame, the stats increase! do it 100 times and your character is INVINCIBLE. 

Nr 2 http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72923-psa-game-breaking-bug-affecting-everyone-including-you-temporary-fix-for-party-members-only-currently/

Double clicking on a item (like armor, boots etc) and then it equipping on said character his perma stats disappear.

Nr 3: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72764-quick-saving-and-loading-times-increased-greatly-after-20-hours/

I personally didnt experience this yet, but this also hinders gameplay that much that it falls under the category game breaking.

The more you save, the longer it takes to load/save again, people reporting 20-30 hours into the game saves are taking aprox 30 sec to quicksave, and similar time to load.

Nr 4: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73289-so-many-bugs/

Summoning Bug, where after combat the summoned creatures do NOT despawn, leaving you permanently in combat. You can NOT control

your summoned creatures anymore and they go with you every map... Workaround is probably loading a previous save for now but I have not confirmed this.

Similar thing to Stronghold, there is also a bug at the stronghold that after an enemy wave and you kill it. They keep coming back EVERY time you visit. I tried finding the source but couldnt find it here,, the lovely search function on this forum seems missing.

nr 5: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72614-endless-paths-level-13-is-uncompletable-major-bug/

Endless Path level 13, spirits not giving password so you can not continue.

Nr 6 : http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73704-bugged-stronghold-tax/ http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73737-empty-treasury/

Strong Hold doesn't give tax, it only claims taxes  (lol). There are multiple topics about it, I just picked out these 2.

Edited by zephiris
  • Like 23

I can't wait for the bugs to be fixxed either. I am managing to play the game anyway though. Avoiding the stats going up constantly isn't that much of a problem for me. Even if the game is unplayable for a lot of people ... is waiting for an extra week really such a big deal. I'm still happy obsidian made the game. I'm still having fun playing it. Any complaints I have are not related to bugs at all. Hell I picked up endless legend recently. The game has been out for a while. I found a 'gamebreaking' bug in it that had already been fixed in a patch and then somehow re-introduced the patch before I played it (and its been patched back out again now). So even 6 months after release a game can have a bug in it. Not sure we should all be losing our minds over this.

I discovered a bug which I would qualify as medium in terms of impact: apparently when the character is interupted during the attack animation instead of resulting a penalty, it actually stops the animation and goes directly into recovery animation. If during the attack animation, the interrupt occurs before hit takes place, this is fine. However, if the interrupt occurs after damage takes place then the attack animation stops and goes immediately to recovery animation. This results in a "buff" instead of a penalty.

This is the image with the hit taking place just before the opponent interupting it(10th frame during attack animation)

moment%20of%20hit_zpskheh01b7.jpg

This is the next frame showing the interrupt and the immediate transition to recovery animation

moment%20of%20interupt_zpsztewycuh.jpg

The fighter has 17 dexterity. I was able to reproduce this but the video captures are quite large to be uploaded.

Edited by kmbogd

Use compression software, like Vdub if you want to upload it it to YT.

The bug you've described also happens if you open up the inventory immediately after any kind of animation finishes be it an attack or a spell. It results in the character instanteniously skipping the recovery phase and going into next attack/spellcast animation.

So I'll just put my disappearing Aloth bug here, it doesn't seem to be getting much attention, so maybe its only me. But I would like it fixed as it's pretty bad. Who knows how else this bug can creep up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nphWpgm-SLc

No, it's not just you. 

Here I am at an inn, about to swap characters. Only to find Kana missing. I found him stuck somewhere else.

The same thing happened with Grieving Mother.

I have a bug very similar to this. I was switching around party members to give certain ones XP from bounty turn ins. This all went fine, but then once I tried to switch back to my original party configuration, that's where everything went wrong. I can no longer add Kana, Durance, Grieving Mother, Hiravias, or Pellagina back to my party. At Caed Nua or at an Inn doesn't make a difference. It lets me add them to the party configuration window, but remains with me having only the main character in the party.

To top this all off, all the NPCs at Caed Nua are hostile to me. And entering the Black Hound results in a black screen(irony!). My most recent save that isn't effected by these bugs is over two hours ago :(

Edit: Managed to add Grieving Mother, Hiravias, and Pellagina back to my party at the Charred Barrel in Defiance Bay. Can't get Durance or Kana back in the party AND Kana is level seven instead of twelve now. I am just experiencing bugs galore!

Edited by Jozen

A lot of these are not gamebreaking, anyway, No.1 is bad enough to make me stop. First I was pissed offt, but everytime I see the game and think how good it is I don't care about restart my 45hours of gameplay. Just a bit of patience, this is very usual in RPGs and most of the time, they are not half as good as this one and other developers are not enough interested in bugs if they have enough sells (I'm looking at you, Bethesda)

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and links to issues, everyone.

I'll make sure to follow-up on these with our QA - as always, including save games and their output logs will help us narrow any problems that may exist.

Thanks, folks!

Jorge

• Like 5

Hello,

Looks like most bugs are being fixed in 1.0.3

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-179-patch-notes-103/

I did not find a bug solution on the Endless Path 13th floor. But, I also don't know if it is a bug or not.

Another Important note is that the 'Tax' issue in the player keep is not particularly addressed in the notes. We have to see.

Anyways I am happy with the patch, it looks like the major issues are all addressed. There are probably some smaller bugs here and there but atleast with the buglist they released it seems all the big ones are smashed.

Hello,

I did not find a bug solution on the Endless Path 13th floor. But, I also don't know if it is a bug or not.

Another Important note is that the 'Tax' issue in the player keep is not particularly addressed in the notes. We have to see.

Anyways I am happy with the patch, it looks like the major issues are all addressed. There are probably some smaller bugs here and there but atleast with the buglist they released it seems all the big ones are smashed.

I had no issues going past the 13th floor. I believe it requires that you've already got to the point in the story where you understand Engwithan. You need to go past the silent ghost in the small room with two traps to another ghost that will tell you the password to the door. Then you go swear the oath to the door and waltz right through. Got down to the 15th floor and then was one shot by the Master Below and the combat log didn't even tell me what it was that killed me :(

Thanks for the info and links to issues, everyone.

I'll make sure to follow-up on these with our QA - as always, including save games and their output logs will help us narrow any problems that may exist.

Thanks, folks!

Jorge

Hi Jorge

In the patch notes there seems to be nothing regarding the problems with "per encounter" abilities that sometimes get stuck as "used" and can't be used again even after the fight has ended.

Just wanted to remind you guys about it, just to be sure.

Hi I do not know if anybody reported this or not (did not read through 71 pages ) and I can't seem to find a topic where I should report this bug so that's why I'm telling it here...

The thing is when I pushed the fast forward butt so my character were running like little crazy ants, during those fight suddenly my allies became my enemies I have no clue why, and no according to the story some bandits wanted to attack my stronghold so I was there with my character so I decided to resolve it manually. During the fight Alkoth thrown a fireball and kongrak who was one of my security guard that I have employed, because he was in the blast radius he became my enemy, this is never happened until now so I don't know exactly if it a bug or a built in feature for the game...

P.S.: but my female intuition says it's a bug...

In the patch notes there seems to be nothing regarding the problems with "per encounter" abilities that sometimes get stuck as "used" and can't be used again even after the fight has ended.

- Fixed many issues where combat would not end properly

I believe it's fixed since the problem was caused by the combat state not coming to an end.

- Fixed many issues where combat would not end properly

I believe it's fixed since the problem was caused by the combat state not coming to an end.

Well, it could be, but it's extremely vague.

Hello,

I had no issues going past the 13th floor. I believe it requires that you've already got to the point in the story where you understand Engwithan. You need to go past the silent ghost in the small room with two traps to another ghost that will tell you the password to the door. Then you go swear the oath to the door and waltz right through. Got down to the 15th floor and then was one shot by the Master Below and the combat log didn't even tell me what it was that killed me :(

indeed, what you mentioned in more detail was also what I read about that 13th floor stuff.

I am not that far in the story so I can't explain that well. I think you nailed it and it aint a bug.

• Bears and Cats can now be equipped with hats. This is most likely not a joke... but might be a joke

I wonder if someone made that joke internally on april fool's day, and the one who had to post it wasn't sure whether to include it or not. hahahaha!!

Because I think the developer is referring to this screenshot, which was posted on April Fools day:

11096480_10152795728066593_1097751373315

Either way, the joke is good and if its actually in the game awesome at the same time :)

The patch fixed one bug I suffer and that's Raedric's Hold. Other bugs are still unpatched. My priest prays for 1.04.

Edited by omegabet

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

After the patch I am able to put Kana and Durance back in my party. Kana is now level 10, and has his default equipment like when he first joined my party :(

Durance is fine though. No idea why this bug happened or what specifically fixed it in the patch.

It would be really nice if someone would take the effort to make a new thread related to clicks/actions/behavior you should try to avoid because of bugs in the new version. (1.03)

free blowjobs for the one who does :dancing: