Which Classes and Races new portraits would you like to see next?

Race/Class Portraits preference  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Of which race would you like to see new portraits?

2. 2. And of which classes?

As per this post:

Devs did mention in the backer beta forum during the beta feedback process that they would continue to make and release character portraits post-full release. I can't recall the precise scheduling -- I don't think it was actually stated with certainty -- but the implication was it would be part of the pre-mapped patch schedule at some point down the track. So we should see new portraits "soon" ei: before the expansion pack hits.

I can't say one way or the other about this specifically, but I will say all of your concerns have been vigorously noted, and it is very helpful to hear here and in other threads what you all are finding lacking in the portrait selection. In fact, if someone were to set up a poll for responders to submit what they are seeking most, that would be even more helpful~

Surce:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75742-the-portrait-selection-is-beyond-awful-i-am-sure-someone-else-has-posted-this-already/?p=1637653

Sorry about the classes, but you can only create a limited number of choices, so I had to merge them per "similarity".

Same for the races. Can't add all subraces, sadly.

Edited by DocDoomII
  • Like 1

This needs to be two polls, since it tries to force you to vote for each question.

In my case I think Godlike is the most lacking race, but I feel that the second question cannot be meaningfully answered.  Specifically, since you can design a character for any class in a variety of ways, is it really possible to look at a portrait and say "that's a portrait of a _____"?  That guy in plate armor could be a Fighter, or a Barbarian, or a Wizard.

PS: Also, since I'm giving options, I will state that what this game really needs in the way of new portraits is a function that will generate a portrait for your character from the character itself.  For example:

Miki_lg.pngMiki_sm.png  moon_lg.pngmoon_sm.png  Rasz_lg.pngRasz_sm.png

• Like 8

The topic does not match the poll. :lol:

First you ask which we'd like to see, in the topic. Then you ask which is the most lacking, in the poll.

These are two completely different things. The poll is obvious to me; Godlikes for race, and Class is rather arguable, but I'd say Ciphers/Chanters.

But as for what I want? Edwin as according to Kaz.

t50aJUd.jpg

Aumaua, orlan and godlike have too few portraits right now.

As for classes, I think cipher and druid could use some that are more specific to them - a few with a glowing weapon for cipher would be nice. Was gonna say ranger too but I realized that there's a bunch of portraits with a quiver or crossbow in them. 

I know that everyone can wear anything, but it seemed the most practical way to ask the question.

Should have I asked

• Dressed in Plate
  • Dressed in Mail
  • Dressed in Leather
  • Dressed in Cloth
  • Butt Naked
??

First you ask which we'd like to see, in the topic. Then you ask which is the most lacking, in the poll.

Gee, Ok. Changed the wording.

Edited by DocDoomII
  • Like 1

I know that everyone can wear anything, but it seemed the most practical way to ask the question.

Should have I asked

•  
  • Dressed in Plate
  • Dressed in Mail
  • Dressed in Leather
  • Dressed in Cloth
  • Butt Naked
??

Heavy/Light/No armor

And maybe helmed/hooded as well. I'm a fan of those when I'm making full hired adventurer parties.

Should be minimum 3 portraits for each subrace+gender combination. Godlike need more portraits most of all, there are only two Moon Godlike portraits, 1 male 1 female. My current party has 5 Moon Godlikes in it, so I'm using pale elf art for two, aumaua for one. Lame.

I think variations might also be a fast and resource-friendly option to get more portraits (like in Shadowrun Returns).

Or the option to just take a shot of the 2d Char and use it as a portrait (not default, i do prefer drawn portraits, but it might be a nice alternative for those with very rare combinations).

I think variations might also be a fast and resource-friendly option to get more portraits (like in Shadowrun Returns).

Or the option to just take a shot of the 2d Char and use it as a portrait (not default, i do prefer drawn portraits, but it might be a nice alternative for those with very rare combinations).

You can do that now with a screenshot and an image editor.  I'd prefer they didn't waste any development time for a feature that can already be accomplished.  They should just include step-by-step instructions in the game manual.

I would like some more Orlan portraits, and I would like all the races/sexes to get portraits with the hairstyle that has both sides shaved. I'm not sure what you call that cut, but it's odd they don't have a single portrait with that style.

I would like some more Orlan portraits, and I would like all the races/sexes to get portraits with the hairstyle that has both sides shaved. I'm not sure what you call that cut, but it's odd they don't have a single portrait with that style.

Undercut! So stylish~

I painted a female dwarf with an undercut. That scarred looking one with the green background, red cape and armor.