I didn't pledge at the time of your kickstarter so had to pre-order. I love you guys.

Thank you for purchasing the game :) It does not matter that you didn't pledge when kickstarter was active. Only thing that matters is that you bought the game and by that support the Obsidian. I hope you will have tons of fun with PoE :)

• Like 4

All extras will be unlocked when the game launches.

Which should be already given it's already past 7pm here on the 26th, right? :brows:

On Steam I see we need to wait 10 more hours... Well in 2 h I will go to work, soooo 10 hours is perfect :)

I didn't pledge at the time of your kickstarter so had to pre-order. I love you guys.

Thank you for purchasing the game :) It does not matter that you didn't pledge when kickstarter was active. Only thing that matters is that you bought the game and by that support the Obsidian. I hope you will have tons of fun with PoE :)

Well said! :yes:

FdSm3p1.png

All extras will be unlocked when the game launches.

Which should be already given it's already past 7pm here on the 26th, right? :brows:

On Steam I see we need to wait 10 more hours... Well in 2 h I will go to work, soooo 10 hours is perfect :)

While I'll have to go to bed in about 5 hours and have work the next day ;(

It is kind of annoying for Steam to say that it "releases on the 26th" but still have a 10 hour countdown that will take it into the 27th here. I'd have at least thought they would have altered the date shown locally (they often do on Steam, but haven't with PoE for some reason?) so as not to cause confusion and semi false-advertising?

And it's all there preloaded and everything... yet cannot be played... :wacko:

Edited by Terror K
  • Like 1

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
15327.jpg

I generated a game code for GOG, but GOG is not giving me the option for a Mac version.  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. GOG doesn't work particularly well for distributing keys before the game is released. As a quirk of their system it will appear as though Mac and Linux is not supported. This is incorrect. It does support those versions of the game. It will start working once the game goes live.

• Like 2

Hmm...GOG or Steam....that is the question. Eh, probably Steam for the 'Achievameantz', since getting a DRM free Physical.....it IS a DRM free physical right? Larian promised a DRM free physical version for me and I just got a useless Steam one on DVD.

Hmm.. I thoguht I checked this before but I thought at $250 you'd get the hard copy of the strategy guide not just the  internet version? Am I wrong or did it get changed? I got the Royal Kickstarter Edition but am getting the Retail Collector's Edition . Interesting.

P.S. Otherwise,  hard copy stuff is called 'shipping soon'. YAY.

Good to see you're not all 'r00fles' and put your hard earned where your mouth is Volly ;)

I generated a game code for GOG, but GOG is not giving me the option for a Mac version.  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. GOG doesn't work particularly well for distributing keys before the game is released. As a quirk of their system it will appear as though Mac and Linux is not supported. This is incorrect. It does support those versions of the game. It will start working once the game goes live.

Thanks.

Hmm...GOG or Steam....that is the question. Eh, probably Steam for the 'Achievameantz', since getting a DRM free Physical.....it IS a DRM free physical right? Larian promised a DRM free physical version for me and I just got a useless Steam one on DVD.

physical version will be DRM free. not tied to Steam.

• Like 1

Hmm.. I thoguht I checked this before but I thought at $250 you'd get the hard copy of the strategy guide not just the  internet version? Am I wrong or did it get changed? I got the Royal Kickstarter Edition but am getting the Retail Collector's Edition . Interesting.

P.S. Otherwise,  hard copy stuff is called 'shipping soon'. YAY.

Good to see you're not all 'r00fles' and put your hard earned where your mouth is Volly ;)

Volourn, you will get hard copy of the collectors book which is not the same as the strategy guide. you will get pdf strategy guide but if you want hart copy you will have to order it.

Wasn't there something about needing to get the Steam version if you wanted to expand the game with official content such as expansion packs, etc? Or did that change or am I mixing that up with another kickstarter project I've been following recently?

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
15327.jpg

Not entirely impressed that if your key/contents is/are wrong we are to "use the backer portal" instead of the actual place I would like the game

I am eligible for the Royal Edition (Digital Fun Pack + Strategy Guide) yet it says I have the Champion Edition (not redeemed). I have written to support and hope this is worked out ASAP as I would like the game and all it's Royal contents on GOG, not spread out over two websites

• Like 2

As Shane-O I am also seeing (in steam and here) the "Hero Edition" which includes next to nothing, even though i should be eligible for the "Champion Edition".. Have also written obsidian about it. 

Make that 3 websites, Steam, GOG and here.. I would also like to have it all in one place..

• Like 2

Good luck Shane Piad 60 and just got Hero, Emailed support got a canned response that basically said I would get what ever they wanted to send me and that was that.

Ticked Closed.

Not impressed, or happy with them. They had my money long enough though. 

Not entirely impressed that if your key/contents is/are wrong we are to "use the backer portal" instead of the actual place I would like the game

I am eligible for the Royal Edition (Digital Fun Pack + Strategy Guide) yet it says I have the Champion Edition (not redeemed). I have written to support and hope this is worked out ASAP as I would like the game and all it's Royal contents on GOG, not spread out over two websites

My thoughts exactly! Did you buy the Strategy Guide as a separate add-on?

Personally I think they could have left the Strategy Guide out of the Royal Edition and gave the Royal Edition to all those who bought at least the Digital Fun Pack. Strategy Guides are usually not included in any game editions so why is it included now? I have the Digital Fun Pack + the future Expansion Pack and now I have to download at least 3 or 4 goodies separately. I believe it would have made more sense to ask those who have the Strategy Guide to download that one item separately.  :getlost:

What Obsidian is doing is a bad business model. They will upset the majority of backers. All those who paid up to 65$ + add-ons.

• Like 1

Hm. I thought GoG might have let you do a pre-load too, but apparently I should have gone for a Steam key... (I'll grant you  my choice was fairly arbitary...!) I was half-planning on setting it up to load overnight, but nevermind.

(Mainly 'cos it took five hours at the weekend to download the latest Star Citizen gubbins...!)

Eh, no great loss (especially since I thought it was due out of Friday...!) I am not really likely to be able to get to do any playing tomorrow anyway because of time and my wargames (so I guess I'll set it up to download when I get home tomorrow afternoon and it can be doing that while I'm out using my TIE Interceptors to slaughte rebel scum.) I probably won't be able to have a proper stab at it until the weekend either way.

I've waited two-and-half-odd years, I can wait a few more days...!

GOG can't really let you do a pre-load given that they're DRM free.  How are they going to stop you from playing before the release?

*skulldesk*

Of course, that's, like, the whole point, isn't it? (It was a bit late last night when I looked at that..!)

Like I said, though, it's no big deal, really, as it wouldn't have gotten me playing it any sooner anyway.

This might be a daft question but how come I can walk into my local GAME and buy a physical copy install it and I assume play it right this second, but my steam version is still in preload and I can't play it?

Anyone?