• Once expanded click on the "Choose Platform" button to bring up a menu where you can select your preferred platform. We offer the choice between Steam and GOG. Once you have selected your platform you can press "Generate Key" to create a download key. Note that once you have generated a key for a platform it may not be changed in the future. Choose wisely. 

So I can't get both a Steam and a GOG key?  I gotta say, for something that presumably has a marginal cost to you of near-zero (but I spent quite a bit of money on), that's...disappointing.

That would mean you'd get two copies of the game tho...

...however, if what you meant is that you're getting multiple digital copies of the game with your reward tier, I'd think you can choose the platform for each one? I don't have that so can't check, but are they listed as separate entries in your backer portal?

I don't think (at least in this case) that being able to download the game from two different places is really equivalent to two different copies of the game.  I'm already getting a physical DRM-free copy of the game if it's a "but you can give a key away to someone else!" issue - and if I choose GOG, I'm already able to get a digital DRM-free copy.  I'd just like to be able to have the game on both my GOG and Steam "shelves" (and no, manually adding a non-Steam game to the client is not the same).

pre-loading now. can't hardly wait!

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

So has there been any word on when physical goods will be shipped (I'm in the continental US)?  My order has said "Shipping Soon" since last week.  Previous updates and that shipment poll implied we would be getting the stuff before or at launch.  Have people received anything?  Did I miss something?

Otherwise, thanks for the update.  The most important thing is I have the actual game preloaded and I'm super excited to play it.

What time exactly is this unlocking ? I ask because it is now, officially the 26th and its still locked.

wait, just found it, 17 more hours ?!?!?!  so, basically hours before the 27th....  how ****ing stupid is that. UGH, I hate **** like this.

Edited by Azmodiuz
  • Like 3

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Just redeemed my Kickstarter Royal Edition on GOG.com!

Looking forward to playing the game and seeing what kind of response it gets from everyone. :)

Hey Silver! Long time no see. Seems like the ol' crowd is gathering before venturing forth in this last few hours until release... ;)

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 1
35167v4.jpg

Just redeemed my Kickstarter Royal Edition on GOG.com!

Looking forward to playing the game and seeing what kind of response it gets from everyone. :)

Hey Silver! Long time no see. Seems like the ol' crowd is gathering before venturing forth in this last few hours until release... ;)

Hey, LC! Yeah, real life takes its toll. I've mostly been lurking, waiting for the release... ;)

• Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Hm. I thought GoG might have let you do a pre-load too, but apparently I should have gone for a Steam key... (I'll grant you  my choice was fairly arbitary...!) I was half-planning on setting it up to load overnight, but nevermind.

(Mainly 'cos it took five hours at the weekend to download the latest Star Citizen gubbins...!)

Eh, no great loss (especially since I thought it was due out of Friday...!) I am not really likely to be able to get to do any playing tomorrow anyway because of time and my wargames (so I guess I'll set it up to download when I get home tomorrow afternoon and it can be doing that while I'm out using my TIE Interceptors to slaughte rebel scum.) I probably won't be able to have a proper stab at it until the weekend either way.

I've waited two-and-half-odd years, I can wait a few more days...!

:)

aaand...current number one on steam top sellers chart!

Hey does the list go by actual real sales happening now, or does it go by keys being redeemed. I'd like to think a tonne of people are buying it AS WELL as all of us redeeming our keys.

I did a search for Champion Edition and all I found was todays update announcement.  Champion is the one where you get a boxed copy with a CD -and- an extra digital key.

But when I go to my product page it just says redeem a key, not Key(s)

Does the physical CD require a key for activation? If that is the case, then I must get two serial keys yes? One that will come physically printed on the disk and will it be a separate key to the one we generate for Steam/GoG?

What time exactly is this unlocking ? I ask because it is now, officially the 26th and its still locked.

wait, just found it, 17 more hours ?!?!?!  so, basically hours before the 27th....  how ****ing stupid is that. UGH, I hate **** like this.

Yeah I was going to stay up until midnight and countdown. But instead I guess I will just go to work and play when I get home. That's how it goes.

• Like 1

You hate timezones? That's unfortunate. 8P

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I almost freaked out when I didn't see some of my kickstarter element stuff not showing for my original 250 pledge. Looking around, found it. X)

Where did you find it? I'm on the 250 tier and my page looks like this:

8hgP9Ar.png

No option to redeem the digital stuff :(

Hm. I thought GoG might have let you do a pre-load too, but apparently I should have gone for a Steam key... (I'll grant you  my choice was fairly arbitary...!) I was half-planning on setting it up to load overnight, but nevermind.

(Mainly 'cos it took five hours at the weekend to download the latest Star Citizen gubbins...!)

Eh, no great loss (especially since I thought it was due out of Friday...!) I am not really likely to be able to get to do any playing tomorrow anyway because of time and my wargames (so I guess I'll set it up to download when I get home tomorrow afternoon and it can be doing that while I'm out using my TIE Interceptors to slaughte rebel scum.) I probably won't be able to have a proper stab at it until the weekend either way.

I've waited two-and-half-odd years, I can wait a few more days...!

GOG can't really let you do a pre-load given that they're DRM free.  How are they going to stop you from playing before the release?

And again no official explanation or apology for the delayed physical rewards for international backers.

They really know how to disappoint.

Anyway, congrats to all fellow backers. I hope you will have fun tomorrow and in the upcoming days with the game. I'll probably wait for a few more days/weeks...

Once I get an official word from Paradox that shipments have started I will make an announcement. Until that time there will probably be radio silence because there is nothing new to report.

• Like 1

I almost freaked out when I didn't see some of my kickstarter element stuff not showing for my original 250 pledge. Looking around, found it. X)

Where did you find it? I'm on the 250 tier and my page looks like this:

8hgP9Ar.png

No option to redeem the digital stuff :(

The digital rewards will unlock tomorrow. They will be in the same location as your game keys.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, BAdler. Hope you guys party like the rockstars that you are tonight.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I hope you redeemed that key already, Voodootissue. 8P

'Cause now everyone has it.

• Like 5

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Hmm.. I thoguht I checked this before but I thought at $250 you'd get the hard copy of the strategy guide not just the  internet version? Am I wrong or did it get changed? I got the Royal Kickstarter Edition but am getting the Retail Collector's Edition . Interesting.

P.S. Otherwise,  hard copy stuff is called 'shipping soon'. YAY.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.