Documentary and Novella

As most of you know we will be releasing the documentary and the novella after we release the game. For the documentary, this was to ensure that you could view the full journey of Pillars' creation - including the release of the game and launch party, and for the novella, that it is done at the highest quality for Backers. Both of these items will not be available on the Backer Portal initially, but once they are released you will be able to download them like any other reward.

That's a shame. This means that I won't get around to reading the Novella, or watching the documentary until, like, sometime in May or thereabouts.

Game comes first, you know. And second. And third!

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

I almost freaked out when I didn't see some of my kickstarter element stuff not showing for my original 250 pledge. Looking around, found it. X)

Where did you find it? I'm on the 250 tier and my page looks like this:

8hgP9Ar.png

No option to redeem the digital stuff :(

The digital rewards will unlock tomorrow. They will be in the same location as your game keys.

Thank you for the prompt response! Can't wait to delve into the world we've waited so long for :)

So has there been any word on when physical goods will be shipped (I'm in the continental US)?  My order has said "Shipping Soon" since last week.  Previous updates and that shipment poll implied we would be getting the stuff before or at launch.  Have people received anything?  Did I miss something?

Otherwise, thanks for the update.  The most important thing is I have the actual game preloaded and I'm super excited to play it.

I have been trying to find this out as well.  I think a lot of people assume that only the European KS physical goods were delayed but I have not been able to get anyone to tell me when exactly the US stuff shipped, or if it even has.  

I am trying to find out 1) When the US KS physical orders shipped or will ship 2) What carrier they are using and 3) Will there be tracking info on the backer portal.

I just redeemed my code, however I don't understand something. My reward tier matches exactly (as far as I can tell) the contents of the Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition but I could redeem only the code for the champion edition. I assume I did everything correctly because the example above shows the same thing, meaning the code provided is for the champion edition and all additional goodies can be downloaded separately from the backer portal. Why not simply provide a code for the Royal Edition? It would be much simpler. If you intended to provide a code for the Royal Edition instead of the Champion Edition can this be corrected later on?

Correction: My order does not contain the Strategy Guide, therefore I suspect this is the answer to my question:

"Due to popular demand we have created special Kickstarter Backer editions on both Steam and GOG. These editions match the retail versions of the Hero, Champion, and Royal editions, but they come with a few extra Kickstarter goodies. When you go onto your Products page on the Backer Portal you will see which Kickstarter edition was granted to your Kickstarter tier. This was done so that people could download their rewards in multiple places.

Unfortunately, we were unable to map every tier perfectly. We have many tiers, many different combinations of add-ons, and only a few Kickstarter editions. Don't worry, though, because if your Kickstarter edition doesn't come with a reward you should be getting for your Kickstarter tier you can download it from the Backer Portal. In fact, the Backer Portal is the official way to download your rewards - we will always have them available for you on the Portal."

I am not pleased at all. Why do I have to download most of my goodies separately? It is far more annoying than to download only a strategy guide separately.  :getlost: 

Edited by Twinsen

:w00t: Can't believe it's finally almost here! After 2 and a half years of waiting and countless hours trawling through forum threads for every speck of information, reading dozens if not hundreds of interviews, tomorrow, in just about 12 hours, I'm finally going to get to sit down and dig in to Pillars of Eternity!

I can't pretend my expectations aren't ridiculously high, but however the game turns out it's been an awesome ride! I've gotten a ton of insight into game development and RPG design and it's been a blast following all the arguments and counter arguments about how things should be. It's inspired me to go back and replay the IE games in a new light, and even to see newer game differently. 

So thanks to the whole PoE team for your blood, sweat and tears over the last couple years. I never regretted for a second supporting this project. I hope the game is successful beyond your wildest expectations and that you all get to take a well deserved vacation :grin:  

I just redeemed my code, however I don't understand something. My reward tier matches exactly (as far as I can tell) the contents of the Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition but I could redeem only the code for the champion edition. I assume I did everything correctly because the example above shows the same thing, meaning the code provided is for the champion edition and all additional goodies can be downloaded separately from the backer portal. Why not simply provide a code for the Royal Edition? It would be much simpler. If you intended to provide a code for the Royal Edition instead of the Champion Edition can this be corrected later on?

Correction: My order does not contain the making of documentary and the Strategy Guide, therefore I suspect this is the answer to my question:

"Due to popular demand we have created special Kickstarter Backer editions on both Steam and GOG. These editions match the retail versions of the Hero, Champion, and Royal editions, but they come with a few extra Kickstarter goodies. When you go onto your Products page on the Backer Portal you will see which Kickstarter edition was granted to your Kickstarter tier. This was done so that people could download their rewards in multiple places.

Unfortunately, we were unable to map every tier perfectly. We have many tiers, many different combinations of add-ons, and only a few Kickstarter editions. Don't worry, though, because if your Kickstarter edition doesn't come with a reward you should be getting for your Kickstarter tier you can download it from the Backer Portal. In fact, the Backer Portal is the official way to download your rewards - we will always have them available for you on the Portal."

I am not pleased at all. Why do I have to download most of my goodies separately? It is far more annoying than to download only a documentary and a strategy guide separately.  :getlost: 

I noticed this as well.  Those of us who backed on Kickstarter and promised 'goodies' should be getting the Royal edition as opposed to the Champion edition.  If we're suppose to be getting a 'kickstarter' edition as the email suggested,  well that's not happening on Steam.  Also I'm assuming the goodies are not available yet?  As they're not showing up at all in my product page as the guides have shown.

Not annoyed at all,  just want to clear this up just in case its some kind of bug or quirk.

• Like 1

I noticed this as well.  Those of us who backed on Kickstarter and promised 'goodies' should be getting the Royal edition as opposed to the Champion edition.  If we're suppose to be getting a 'kickstarter' edition as the email suggested,  well that's not happening on Steam.  Also I'm assuming the goodies are not available yet?  As they're not showing up at all in my product page as the guides have shown.

Not annoyed at all,  just want to clear this up just in case its some kind of bug or quirk.

Can't speak to the edition, but the extras won't show up on the backer portal until release.

I don't think it's a bug or quirk. The Royal Edition does contain an additional Strategy Guide, therefore I think it is intentional. I am a little annoyed because this is really inconvenient. I have the Digital Fun Pack ( an ironic name I guess :no: ) by the way...

Edited by Twinsen

I don't think it's a bug or quirk. The Royal Edition does contain an additional Strategy Guide, therefore I think it is intentional. I am a little annoyed because this is really inconvenient. I have the Digital Fun Pack ( an ironic name I guess :no: ) by the way...

Ah yes, you're right.  Didn't notice that strategy guide.  Okay that makes sense then.

Of all the things I'd like to have access to early - it would be the strat guide. Oh well.  At least it will download faster than the game.

25 minutes, 27 seconds until preload is complete!    Can't wait to truly agonize  over what type of character to create  :w00t:

Have fun everyone!  Cheers

Ok So I have redeemed my Royal Edition, but where can I find all the digital items to download? They don't show anywhere? I have my CE coming soon, but I would like to access the digital versions as well.

Confused.

• Like 1

Ok So I have redeemed my Royal Edition, but where can I find all the digital items to download? They don't show anywhere? I have my CE coming soon, but I would like to access the digital versions as well.

Confused.

Same here. But I suspect that it merely takes time for them to unlock them for every backer. I'd wait at least a few hours longer before contacting CS. :)

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

Congratulations on making 92 Friggin Updates to your backers packed with information and insight.

You guys are paragons of crowdfunding and I hope I get the opportunity to participate again. 

Indeed, it was really a pleasure helping Obsidian make this game possible. :)

(10/10) Would crowdfund with again.

• Like 1

FdSm3p1.png

I almost freaked out when I didn't see some of my kickstarter element stuff not showing for my original 250 pledge. Looking around, found it. X)

Where did you find it? I'm on the 250 tier and my page looks like this:

8hgP9Ar.png

No option to redeem the digital stuff :(

Did you really post your steam key on the forum? :facepalm:

Are the other digital awards yet to go up, because all I can see at the moment is my Steam code for the main game and the one for the beta? Shouldn't there be a way for me to get hold of my...

• Digital Strategy Guide.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
15327.jpg

Are the other digital awards yet to go up, because all I can see at the moment is my Steam code for the main game and the one for the beta? Shouldn't there be a way for me to get hold of my...

• Digital Strategy Guide.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

All extras will be unlocked when the game launches.