And again no official explanation or apology for the delayed physical rewards for international backers.

They really know how to disappoint.

Anyway, congrats to all fellow backers. I hope you will have fun tomorrow and in the upcoming days with the game. I'll probably wait for a few more days/weeks...

I thought they said it was because the ports shut down or something like that but I could be misremembering

I know that. But is it too much to ask to get some official statement in the update about it? I mean, I read the forums because I'm an enthusiast. But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so. They will ask themselves: hey, what happend to my cool physical box I've pledged for? Where is my pyhsical map and manual? And you know what? Nobody tells them because Obsidian thinks a one-liner forum post is enough communication on the topic (or whatever the reason for their silence is). I don't get, I really don't get it. 

And even if it's just about the dock workers being on strike what's the big deal to explain the situation in more detail to the backers, apologizing for the inconvenience? That's the least they could do. But I guess they just want to avoid "bad news" again...

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

And again no official explanation or apology for the delayed physical rewards for international backers.

Anyway, congrats to all fellow backers. I hope you will have fun tomorrow and in the upcoming days with the game. I'll probably wait for a few more days/weeks...

I thought they said it was because the ports shut down or something like that but I could be misremembering

I know that. But is it too much to ask to get some official statement in the update about it? I mean, I read the forums because I'm an enthusiast. But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so. They will ask themselves: hey, what happend to my cool physical box I've pledged for? Where is my pyhsical map and manual? And you know what? Nobody tells them because Obsidian thinks a one-liner forum post is enough communication on the topic (or whatever the reason for their silence is). I don't get, I really don't get it. 

And even if it's just about the dock workers being on strike what's the big deal to explain the situation in more detail to the backers, apologizing for the inconvenience?

I thought Brandon said they ended up air freighting that stuff for the Europeans?

And even if it's just about the dock workers being on strike what's the big deal to explain the situation in more detail to the backers, apologizing for the inconvenience?

I thought Brandon said they ended up air freighting that stuff for the Europeans?

He did? Link/confirmation, please.

And in my account there is still a "shipping soon" token.

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Any update on when phyiscal goods will be shipping?

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

They sent it by air, will arrive in due time I suppose. Let us rejoice in the fact that from tomorrow on we have a brand new spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games :)

• Like 1

• Once expanded click on the "Choose Platform" button to bring up a menu where you can select your preferred platform. We offer the choice between Steam and GOG. Once you have selected your platform you can press "Generate Key" to create a download key. Note that once you have generated a key for a platform it may not be changed in the future. Choose wisely. 

So I can't get both a Steam and a GOG key?  I gotta say, for something that presumably has a marginal cost to you of near-zero (but I spent quite a bit of money on), that's...disappointing.

Could some enterprising individual determine what the differences are (if any) between the Kickstarter editions and the normal editions?

I ask because I'm giving a bunch of Kickstarter Hero Edition keys to friends, and am curious if that includes anything extra from what they'd get if they just went to GOG, etc.

• Once expanded click on the "Choose Platform" button to bring up a menu where you can select your preferred platform. We offer the choice between Steam and GOG. Once you have selected your platform you can press "Generate Key" to create a download key. Note that once you have generated a key for a platform it may not be changed in the future. Choose wisely. 

So I can't get both a Steam and a GOG key?  I gotta say, for something that presumably has a marginal cost to you of near-zero (but I spent quite a bit of money on), that's...disappointing.

That would mean you'd get two copies of the game tho...

...however, if what you meant is that you're getting multiple digital copies of the game with your reward tier, I'd think you can choose the platform for each one? I don't have that so can't check, but are they listed as separate entries in your backer portal?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

They sent it by air, will arrive in due time I suppose. Let us rejoice in the fact that from tomorrow on we have a brand new spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games :)

Again, do you have a link for that "air mail" statement? Maybe Obsidian should finally stop confusing simple forum posts with actual communication with more than a single person...

35167v4.jpg

From the Official Keys Thread

Edited by Lord Wafflebum

Woot.... just generated my Steam can and pre-loading now.  Perfect time too since I am burned out on DAI for the time being.  Sending my wife to Vegas with her girlfriends for a few days so I can spend quality time with my new Mistress.... Pillars of Eternity !!!

• Like 1

Re: the $35 Kickstarter option, will the soundtrack be available through the Steam download? Because I don't see it in my Products tab.

It should be added to your Products tab around actual release.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks!

And a huge LOL @Obsidian for their ****ed up communication. I mean thanks for sending the stuff by airmail, really, but why not communicating that properly? I would have been much more happy today if I already knew that I will get my stuff much sooner...

• Like 2
35167v4.jpg

Will the ringtones also be formatted for text message alerts? I pledged a lot of money and since no one uses their phone to make calls, I will be very disappointed if I can't re-purpose the ringtones from Obsidian. Again, I pledged a lot of money and I want everyone to know, so, please indulge my demands immediately, thank you.   

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so.

There was an entire Kickstarter update email to everyone about the delay in physical goods, with a poll about it how to handle this.  The sticking point is that outside of the US that delay will be longer, but even in the US we will wait a few weeks for physical delivery. 

Thanks!

And a huge LOL @Obsidian for their ****ed up communication. I mean thanks for sending the stuff by airmail, really, but why not communicating that properly? I would have been much more happy today if I already knew that I will get my stuff much sooner...

They've been a little overwhelmed lately as one might imagine. I think they've been erring on the side of making sure things get done in time instead of necessarily communicating it effectively to everyone. 

Source: I forum-stalk Brandon.

• Like 1

Will the ringtones also be formatted for text message alerts? I pledged a lot of money and since no one uses their phone to make calls, I will be very disappointed if I can't re-purpose the ringtones from Obsidian. Again, I pledged a lot of money and I want everyone to know, so, please indulge my demands immediately, thank you.   

There are free software tools to do that yourself if needed...

35167v4.jpg

But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so.

There was an entire Kickstarter update email to everyone about the delay in physical goods, with a poll about it how to handle this.  The sticking point is that outside of the US that delay will be longer, but even in the US we will wait a few weeks for physical delivery. 

Yes, but the mail spoke about a few days. Later Brandon talked about a couple of weeks because of some dock strikes. That's a difference, at least for me. Anyway, since the now seem to send stuff by air the old status quo should be up again. 

35167v4.jpg