This might be a daft question but how come I can walk into my local GAME and buy a physical copy install it and I assume play it right this second, but my steam version is still in preload and I can't play it?

The physical copy is still bound to a Steam account and won't be unlocked until later today.

The extras will be available from the backer portal, and from your digital distributor of choice. The game itself will only be available for download from Steam or GOG.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ok tahnks. I found the kickstarter update a bit ambiguous  but maybe that was just my poor reading.

The extras will be available from the backer portal, and from your digital distributor of choice. The game itself will only be available for download from Steam or GOG.

Game just showed up on gog - a good 10 mins early :)
Congrats Obsidian and all the PoE players :)
(Now to avoid the forums for a month to avoid spoilers ;) )

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I generated a game code for GOG, but GOG is not giving me the option for a Mac version.  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. GOG doesn't work particularly well for distributing keys before the game is released. As a quirk of their system it will appear as though Mac and Linux is not supported. This is incorrect. It does support those versions of the game. It will start working once the game goes live.

It's my understanding that the game is live on GOG now, but I'm still not being given the option to download a Mac version. 

I guess I am not surprised after all the issues with the beta and redemption of the Kickstarter that the release on CoG ends with a "cutsey" webpage saying that they are overwhelmed and I can't redeem my keys. And from the tweets Obsidian doesn't seem to have a clue.

I've gone for a tier that allows a digital download, plus a physical copy (Just love them paper manuals!). I'm just going to give my digital copy away, so I'm assuming I should wait for my physical copy to arrive first? (Just in case like - I've no problem waiting any longer for the disks\manual etc to arive). Just want to check before I give my digital copy away :-) So when my physical copy arrives, i can just generate a key and give it to someone with no ill effects on my copy? 

Looking forward to adventuring :D 

Having the same problem. There was a poll about delivering physical copy of the game later, that will mean that I need to wait until it arrives? Shouldnt there be a digital copy, so we dont need to wait so long?

Hi. Noob here ! :)

I am a backer on kickstarter but I hadn't made an account here before today. So I just did but I don't know how to link my KS pledge to the account here.

Today's update says to follow the instructions of an older update except the link showed here :

http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/updates/0069/pe-portal-main-580x308.jpg

doesn't work anymore as the "Eternity Backers" in the corner of the image has been replaced by a link to the store.

I'm sure the solution is simple but could you help me please ? :)

Just finished downloading the game and extras from GOG. :dancing:

Soon I'll be rolling my first PoE character... I can hardly believe it, the Kickstarter campaign is still so fresh in my memory - but time flies when you're having fun, right? Before I launch the game and forget everything else, I just want to congratulate everyone at Obsidian on a job well done - you seized the opportunity and created a truly worthy spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games. Kudos! :)

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

I generated a game code for GOG, but GOG is not giving me the option for a Mac version.  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. GOG doesn't work particularly well for distributing keys before the game is released. As a quirk of their system it will appear as though Mac and Linux is not supported. This is incorrect. It does support those versions of the game. It will start working once the game goes live.

It's my understanding that the game is live on GOG now, but I'm still not being given the option to download a Mac version. 

I think the Mac version is up on GOG by now.

Lythe, heh... me too (: In the credits as well.

Glad to see this live and I'd like to thank you for giving me hope and delivering (this I will see but reviews indicate this) (o:

And now I just wanted to ask - Collector's Book VOLUME ONE? Will there be volume TWO (three, ten, eighty..)? Will it be complementary for backers or will we have to buy it?

Edited by mark_twist

Was there supposed to be an e-mail notification of this? I never received one. Possibly there are at least three people out there who still don't know...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

So I just had a quick question regarding the redemption of my game.

I bought the $25 digital only game but I added $20 for the expansion and specified that when I made this account and linked my KS account. But when I go to redeem it the edition they've given me (Hero) doesn't say anything about an expansion. My question is whether or not that will be included, or if it will be a separate thing I have to redeem later. Thank you for all your help.