What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Wrapped up all the loyalty quests in ME2. Legion is still the best character in the franchise. But Grunt is growing on me like he never did before.

Now to finish the main game, hit up the remaining sidequests, and do the DLC.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Grim Fandango Remastered currently.  It's a shame they couldn't find the original backdrops but all the small improvements add up to a really nice experience, I've seen it said that it's the game as you remember it rather than the one it was, sounds about right to me.

Edited by WDeranged

I gave Lords of Xulima some 6 hours, I'm done with it.  Highly disappointing.  The only thing this game has going for it is the "old school feel" but it's old school in mostly the wrong ways.  The game repeats the same mistake so many old school games made of being at its very hardest (at least for the amount of time I played) at the beginning, forcing you to save and reload a lot just to get to level 3, when the game becomes manageable.  The combat is okay, but very repetitive.  The game is shockingly linear.  The world is dull.  Worst of all, the game pretty much forces you into a certain party composition and build for each character.  Trying to stray from the "optimal" party all but guarantees failure.  The game might as well pick my characters and level them up for me.  It might get better later, but I'll never find out.  If a game can't hook me in 5 or so hours, I'm not going to keep hate playing it just to see if it gets better.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Was kind of enjoying AssCreed IV until the game forced me to murder women. Even though I used sleep darts.

When did UbiSoft become misogynistic?

Aside from Aveline's evil stepmother I don't recall murdering any women in previous games, you couldn't even shank that bitch Lucrezia Borgia.

Now I also understand why Beyond good & evil 2 is on perpetual hiatus.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Mass Effect 2 PS3 and all DLC. For some reason I got the long service medal. Is Genesis responsible?

Anyway, it's such a shame that they never made more. This one ends on such a whimper. You just blow up a relay and all the Reapers die.

Guess it could have been worse.

• Like 1

Dying Light on the PC, I'm still not far in the story as I've been mostly doing side quests, and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on the Wii U virtual console, just getting started.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Spent all afternoon Googling and finding the various Nostradamus riddle puzzles for Assassin's Creed Unity.  Finally unlocked the armor associated with it.  Maybe it's just me, but these kinds of "puzzles" are more a nuisance than fun.  Only reason I even bothered with it is the reward/achievement.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Slowly slogging through Legend of Grimrock 2.  I was pretty far into the game and decided to restart with a slightly different party build.  I don't see much difference, although knowing what was coming does make some parts easier.  Brings back fond memories of Eye of the Beholder.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Certainly more fun than chasing sea shanties and chests randomly sprinkled around the map.

I don't bother with those, either.  Largely because it's boring and there's no reward at the end of it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Some more CS:GO, finally had the requisite 8 year old kid show up and say we are all **** ****. That was a charm. Played some more Grey Goo, the AI sure loves the rush in the campaign.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

With Mass Effect 2 off my plate, I have nothing exciting to play.

I might take Rayman Origins off the list of games I own but never tried. Otherwise I'm probably going into a gaming hibernation until Borderlands PS4 and Bloodborne.

I feel some withdrawal, but it's probably time to clean up these piles of unread books.

• Like 1

I finally decided to revisit The Old Republic and check out the housing.  Holy moly, they did a good job with that!  I bought a place in Coruscant and unlocked all the rooms with my stash of credits, and then spent awhile decorating it with my stable of characters.  I've got a lot of cool stuff, but it still feels pretty empty.  Definitely a welcome little diversion from all the story stuff.

I visited a public house in Tatooine just to see what other people are doing.  They give you a lot of real estate to work with!  

I might take Rayman Origins off the list of games I own but never tried. Otherwise I'm probably going into a gaming hibernation until Borderlands PS4 and Bloodborne.

I feel some withdrawal, but it's probably time to clean up these piles of unread books.

Isn't the natural next step playing through Mass Effect 3?  I hear the ending is superb!

I actually wish that Darkest Dungeon would have gamepad support. Then I could stay on the couch while seeing my heroes getting ripped to shreds. I am too sick right now to stay in front of the pc... :/

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm doing substories in Yakuza 4. I got the trophy for 20 completed substories and I am now working on the 40 and hopefully the "Complete all" trophies. I'm doing the ones for Saejima at the moment and I have 7 less to worry about.

I)n Wasteland 2, I'm in California and the damage output of enemies has risen considerably. It's good that I finally found a shopkeeper that sold me a Power Armor. I have also upgraded the weapons of my crew and I think that I am ready to go for some time.

In The Witcher 2, I have finally reached chapter 3. Going to slowly chip away at the game just like I am doing with wasteland 2. I am hoping that I can beat one of the two before Pillars of Eternity releases.

Isn't the natural next step playing through Mass Effect 3?  I hear the ending is superb!

You're a monster.

Right now I just started up a 4 player group of Borderlands 2 which is great because that game with more people, is so much more fun to play, however I am awaiting the release on the PS4 because I like the couch co-op aspect of the game and that's where I had the most fun with a group of people back when it was first released.  

Bloodborne on the otherhand looks fun for those who enjoys those games, but after trying to get into Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, I've just finally released that they're not my type of games, but to each their own and hope you enjoy.

Also playing Darkest Dungeon which has been great for atmosphere and pulling my hair out as my heroes gain more stress lol.  Also, a little of Dying Light on the PS4 which has been surprisingly awesome so far.  Hopefully this puts Techland in a new level of quality when it comes to their future releases.

Last mission of Beta campaign in Grey Goo, yeesh, that's a ridiculous blitzing the AI puts you under. Suriving now, but am more or less pinned in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra