What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Peace Walker. Got my Zeke (not working yet), got my base, got nearly 300 soldiers. Feeling good about the whole endeavor.

Definitely a better game than MGS4 was. I wonder if any of the management aspects are going to return for Phantom Pain.

From what we can see in the gameplay videos so far, it probably will be quite similar. And seeing how Ground Zeroes is made up, I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom Pain will get a similar mission structure as Peace Walker had. Me personally I would be happy with it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I wish Fate of Atlantis would be remastered.

On the other hand, though, better not.

Dungeon Keeper 1, Remastered, that's one I'd buy!

...oh wait, EA, never mind.

It seems mostly the games that really don't need it (look just fine) get remastered. Serious Sam, Halo, Painkiller, Fable... just a few where you wonder why the heck they needed a paintover.

The actual good re-makes are however thin and far between :/

Glad to have done some work with one of them (Majesty Gold :))

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Once you unlock the guillotine gun in AC Unity, there's no point using any other weapon. 

Guillotine Gun? My mind, it boggled. Not sure if I'm disappointed or not that it's just a gunblade analogue, I was sort of hoping for a gun that actually fired Guillotines.

Still, as a side effect I know about the might actually have been real Chinese 'Flying Guillotine', which I'm sure will be useful in future.

• Like 3

Once you unlock the guillotine gun in AC Unity, there's no point using any other weapon.

Guillotine Gun? My mind, it boggled. Not sure if I'm disappointed or not that it's just a gunblade analogue, I was sort of hoping for a gun that actually fired Guillotines.

Still, as a side effect I know about the might actually have been real Chinese 'Flying Guillotine', which I'm sure will be useful in future.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Peace Walker. Got my Zeke (not working yet), got my base, got nearly 300 soldiers. Feeling good about the whole endeavor.

Definitely a better game than MGS4 was. I wonder if any of the management aspects are going to return for Phantom Pain.

From what we can see in the gameplay videos so far, it probably will be quite similar. And seeing how Ground Zeroes is made up, I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom Pain will get a similar mission structure as Peace Walker had. Me personally I would be happy with it.

Similar in broad strokes maybe. Peace Walker and Portable Ops have their structures because they were on portable systems. They were designed so you could play in short segments with plentiful stopping points. And with the memory restrictions on the PSP.

With them going for open world I don't suspect that'll be the case in Phantom Pain. Big maps with lots to do, where the mission structure in the portable games was always one thing to do at a time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm actually not sure why it is even called that.  It fires mortar rounds.

In any case, I finished the Dead Kings DLC.  The end fight was a piece of cake.  But, geeze,

enough with the pieces of Eden.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished the story in Dying Light.  The story started out well enough, but very rapidly devolved into a paint by numbers, been there done that a million times ordeal.  I think Techland had a contest to see how many cliches they could cram into one storyline.  Luckily, the gameplay in the game is really fantastic and just keeps getting better...  until the final boss fight, which is a freaking QTE battle.  What.  The.  ****?  What better way to cap off a game filled with great gameplay than in the laziest, most non-gameplay way imaginable.  :facepalm:

Oh well, I can now freely run around Harran and just **** around with no worries about the main story (I could do that before too).  The side activities are for the most part a lot more interesting than the main story anyway.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Similar in broad strokes maybe. Peace Walker and Portable Ops have their structures because they were on portable systems. They were designed so you could play in short segments with plentiful stopping points. And with the memory restrictions on the PSP.

With them going for open world I don't suspect that'll be the case in Phantom Pain. Big maps with lots to do, where the mission structure in the portable games was always one thing to do at a time.

Yeah, but you also get the Base building and Base management in Phantom Pain. So I am pretty sure you will be able to "get back to Base" at nearly any time or after finishing off a bigger mission target. Right now I am guessing that the Phantom Pain gameplay will be mission style and these missions will feel like Ground Zeroes.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Started Dying Light.  I've got to re-organize my reactions to the configuration of the various buttons.  I keep trying to jump using the wrong button.

Also, what's the point of getting new clothing when you can't even see it since the game is in FP view?  Even in cutscenes, the only thing you see are your hands/gloves.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Uh...I haven't played the game, but I would presume stats. Dying Light would hardly be the first game to have different clothing you can wear without being able to see it - it *might* be the first game to have different clothing you can equip which neither you can see nor is of any use at all...but I probably wouldn't bet on that, either. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Waiting for Out of the Park Baseball 16.

Waiting

Checks calendar again

Still waiting

Is it April yet?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, but you also get the Base building and Base management in Phantom Pain. So I am pretty sure you will be able to "get back to Base" at nearly any time or after finishing off a bigger mission target. Right now I am guessing that the Phantom Pain gameplay will be mission style and these missions will feel like Ground Zeroes.

I agree with this. While it seems you'll be able to go back at any time, the soldier collecting as well as the base building aspects from PW seem to be intact. For that I couldn't be happier.

As for what I've been playing, it's been a lot of Far Cry 4 while any Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Majora's Mask 3D that I can get in.

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

I'm in Chapter 5 of Peace Walker. Just trying to grind for armor for Zeke while I unlock the true end.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Picked up Offworld Trading Company on sale plus GMG discount for 29 bucks. Haven't played it yet but will hopefully get a chance to dive in soon

I'm really curious about this game. It's inspired by M.U.L.E. and its development is led by Soren Johnson, lead designer and programmer of Civ IV, the best in the series.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Finished Ultima Underworld, going on to 2. I put it off for years because I didn't think I'd like an old clunky blobber. Well, I don't think it's the greatest thing in the universe, but it was good fun and it is definitely a special game with sometimes outstanding level design.

• Like 1

Uh...I haven't played the game, but I would presume stats. Dying Light would hardly be the first game to have different clothing you can wear without being able to see it - it *might* be the first game to have different clothing you can equip which neither you can see nor is of any use at all...but I probably wouldn't bet on that, either. :)

Unless I'm missing the obvious, there's no stats listed when you go to the screen to change your outfits.  So I don't think it's stat based.

I think that was clearly intended for coop purposes.

Finished Ultima Underworld, going on to 2. I put it off for years because I didn't think I'd like an old clunky blobber. Well, I don't think it's the greatest thing in the universe, but it was good fun and it is definitely a special game with sometimes outstanding level design.

Personally I found Labyrinth of Worlds to be a far better, tighter narrative and the slowly unlocking worlds to be a very refreshing mechanism that really rewarded exploration. The interconnectedness of the worlds and the amount of content even in Castle British itself was also quite well done.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!