What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I doubt you guys could understand me if I did a LP.

I doubt that deep southern Texas accent would be a problem, I can understand perfectly fine  most of what you say when you make posts?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A couple of sidequests I can't seem to complete in Dying Light: the one where you plant a bomb in a tunnel at night, and the one where you turn on a generator thing at night.  In both cases, it's because there's just too many zombies around the area.  In the case of the bomb planting mission, there's like 4 or 5 Volatiles.

I also can't complete the quest with the grappling hooks across the bridge because I suck with the grappling hook.  I keep falling to my death.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

im playing Divinity original sin. i had started it when i first came out, but due to delayed patches from gog and the mess i made with the skills i left it for later. there are 3 things that i would have done differently in this game

1. i would allow only 1 food buff to be in effect and make it last for a long time. i find it annoying and often useless to spend AP during a battle to eat an applepie for a 3 round buff

2. that rock-paper-scisors thing is not good. i had 6 reason vs someone's 3 reason. i had to win that minigame 2 times to win the argument, he had to win 5... he won 5 in a row.

how i would have made it?

i have reason 6, intimidate 5, charm 5 and use reason.

if his reason is 7+ he can use it and win

if his reason is 6 and uses it, we go to the minigame

if his reason is 5- he cant debate me and has to use charm or intimidate

if what he uses of the 2 is 6+, we go to the minigame

if it is 5-, i win

3. they have tabs for inventory items and that is good, however sometimes i need to use a knife on a potato and the 2 are in different tabs so i have to search the "ALL" tab for the 2 items. they could have made it possible to select multiple tabs or at least show weapons than can be used in crafting (like knives) in the ingredients tab

for the rest, it runs smoothly, i ve seen no bugs so far and is fun to play

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Picked up Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered for $30. Had a good Metacritic score (93/100) and I think Ive seen you guys/gals talk highly of the series. Is HW2 better than HW1 and do I need to play HW1 to understand HW2?

Also, ars technica review: Homeworld Remastered impressions: A refined masterpiece.

Picked up Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered for $30. Had a good Metacritic score (93/100) and I think Ive seen you guys/gals talk highly of the series. Is HW2 better than HW1 and do I need to play HW1 to understand HW2?

Also, ars technica review: Homeworld Remastered impressions: A refined masterpiece.

Which is better depends on your preferences especially in remastered where they use HW2 user interface in HW1 too, which removes one biggest minuses that HW1 had compared to HW2.

HW1 and HW2 are quite separate from each other, so I would say that you don't need to play HW1 to understand HW2, but I would still recommend that you also give HW1 a try as it has also excellent campaign. 

• Like 2

Will get that too, though I am somewhat irritated by giving money to Gearbox.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Will get that too, though I am somewhat irritated by giving money to Gearbox.

The 15% off deal ended a little while ago so its back up to $34.99. :p

Ive never played the HW series, and I may hate it and immediately rage quit, but if anyone wants to give the MP a whirl then send me a PM.

Playing Homeworld: Remastered right now. The original is easily my favourite game of all time (if not necessarily my top strategy game; that goes to another Relic joint, Company of Heroes). Gearbox has done a great job improving the look of a game (of which the original still holds up reasonably well), though I'm somewhat disappointed in them not bringing in the squad system for strike craft that was in Homeworld 2.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

It occurred to me that the tutorial used for Homeworld 1 Remastered is the one from Homeworld 2, which may lead to some confusion to new players or for those whose memory fails them. Homeworld 1 Remastered has strike craft controllable as individual units rather than wings and that they had limited fuel. Some players may be in for a rude surprise when they're sending an Alpha Strike package at a distant enemy fleet formation, only for it to turn back at the last moment to replenish.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

As the Kickstarter for Ultima Ascendant is still runing for the next 8 days (but doing not so well at the moment) I am playing Ultima Underworld right now. Fighting monsters is not easy, as the game is from 1992 I guess. And graphics are even more ugly than the ones from Doom. Afterwards will be Ultima Underworld II and then I will finish Knights of the Old Republic I. Followed by System Shock II (not sure if part I is still playable today...).

As the Kickstarter for Ultima Ascendant is still runing for the next 8 days (but doing not so well at the moment) I am playing Ultima Underworld right now. Fighting monsters is not easy, as the game is from 1992 I guess. And graphics are even more ugly than the ones from Doom. Afterwards will be Ultima Underworld II and then I will finish Knights of the Old Republic I. Followed by System Shock II (not sure if part I is still playable today...).

I wish someone would make a re edition of System Shock 1 and 2. I would not mind some changes in controlls but god I miss those games. I have the System Shock 2 on steam but its just too painful to play with its very dated graphics despite the all other awesome sauces.

Edited by Darkpriest

Step back, start 'charging' the weapon until light gem goes green, step forth and slash. The weapon range seems to be pretty long, hitting them from 2-3 steps out. That seemed to serve me just fine in UU1. Missile weapons I never got the hang of, and I heard they kind of suck anyway.

• Like 1

Cheesy way to earn a lot of survivor points in Dying Light without even doing anything: sleep until night time, then hop just outside the fence of whatever safehouse you're at and go do something else for 10 to 15 minutes.  When you come back, night will be over and you (likely) won't have been attacked by anything.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Step back, start 'charging' the weapon until light gem goes green, step forth and slash. The weapon range seems to be pretty long, hitting them from 2-3 steps out. That seemed to serve me just fine in UU1. Missile weapons I never got the hang of, and I heard they kind of suck anyway.

Hey Tigranes, it seems that I am not the only one who is crazy enough to play this old CRPGs! :-)

I have a lot of those games in my shelves, UU1 e. g. looks like I bought it just yesterday (regarding the box, the manuals and goodies).

Thank you for your guidance to use a melee weapon. I read already in the manual the chapter "combat" but this did not help. (The first giant rat killed me, LOL).

Your explanation did help! Thanks a lot.

I had my first death in Hand of Fate last night.  I was going up against the Jack of Scales (lizardman).  The adventure started out well enough, but it was a rather long trudge and when things started falling apart for me, they fell apart quickly.  I was never able to get much gold because it just wasn't in the cards for me, and whenever I stumbled across a shop, I was so low on food I spent all my gold to buy food.  I was still doing okay until I lost my shield, then things went south fast.  Without the ability to counter or reflect projectiles, I had to dodge roll like crazy, plus I was running out of food.  I was just scraping by, trying to survive, almost got to the boss fight, and wound up dying in an encounter with goblins and lizardmen.  I just wasn't prepared for what lizardmen brought to the table, as this was my first battle with them, plus I was already pretty hurt going into the battle, plus there were traps there.  I got slaughtered but quick.  It wasn't all for nothing, though, as I had acquired 3 tokens by then and got the cards from those.

I'm happy to see the difficulty ramp up like this in the game.  My one fear early on was how easy the game was, but it's not easy any more.  The battles are more hectic, the encounter cards are more devious, and the dealer is more stingy with items to help me along.  It's great!  This game is a ton of fun.  :biggrin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Anyone here play Steins;Gate for the PC? I'm looking at it for my next acquisition after I finish Dangan Ronpa.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

HW remastered singleplayer. Looks good so far, although I am a bit puzzled by the low sys rq. Maybe it's not practical/possible with the engine to give it all the dx11 eyecandy improvements it deserves.

Haven't seen a large battle yet and that's the important part after all; consistent framerate in large battles. They could have taken care of the screentearing in the story animated screens at least. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Game appears to be broken on mission 3. After destroying the turranic carrier the mission fails instead of completes. Might be a bug orginal to the game, I seem to remember something like that. 

EDIT ; apparently a dodgy script. Reloading a few times to just before the carrier is destroyed solved it for me. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Apparently Gearbox brought over the ridiculous dynamic difficulty of Homeworld 2 (one of the biggest gripes of the game; it would in some missions pit your maximum of two battlecruisers against the AI's 10!) to Homeworld 1. Hoping that that gets remedied in due course before I go too deep into Homeworld 1. It would also appear for some mystical reason that Gearbox hasn't put in the "auto-gather" remaining resources on map upon completion of all mission objectives into Homeworld 1 Remastered. Also somewhat disappointed there wasn't an option for the voice acting of Jennifer Graveness for Karan in Homeworld 2 (it was apparently entirely redone by Heidi Ernst; though I liked the work both had done for the character, options would have been nice).

-Rod Serling

It doesn't say 'autogathered' anymore but you still get the RUs. I don't know about the adaptive AI. So far I haven't seen that in game but that might be because I was pretty evenly matched to begin with. But yeah, that pretty much ruined HW2 singleplayer once you had a large fleet or a lot of RUs. And it's not AI at all, it's just adaptive cheating. 

Whoever she is in the reboot she does a mean 'enemy captial ships detected'. Why redo the voice acting though if there are no new lines. Simply a matter of fidelity ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I remember when I used to believe that at the least, Gearbox would keep the Borderlands series going pretty well and that a Borderlands 3 would be a must-buy for me. That belief has waned quite a bit now.

Currently replaying a favorite Caesar3 campaign map, the one with Hannibal+ war elephants. Rushed pace feeling, all the choke points, walls and towers. And the combat music and all the horns and "Ohhhhhhh!'s" as you command your troops. So....much...fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not really sure what the point of the "gold" weapons are in Dying Light.  The melee weapons, at least, allow for more upgrade slots.  But the guns don't have upgrade slots, and their damage/accuracy aren't any better than the regular "blue" guns of the same type.