What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Still Dying Light.  Still haven't made progress in the main mission.  The tunnel is right there for me to go through to get to the next part of the city, but I'm having too much fun doing challenges and side missions in the slums.  Also, I've unlocked the grappling hook.  The grappling hook is essentially Cheat Mode.  It's freakin' awesome.  I love it so much.  With my upgraded skills and the grappling hook, I can basically Mirror's Edge around Harran, except I can vault off of zombies, jump off cars or buildings and OBLITERATE zombies on the way down, then grappling hook my way up to the top of a building before the rest of the horde can get to me.  This game just keeps giving you more ridiculous goofy fun options the more you play.  The one skill unlock I'm looking forward to the most is the ultimate agility skill.  When you unlock that you no longer burn stamina doing Mirror's Edge type stuff, meaning you can parkour forever.  I'm a long way from getting that skill unlock, but when I do, and I will, this game is going to be the freakin' best.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'd just like to say that any game that allows you to play it in a window, should never have the game pause/stop when that game window isn't the desktop focus. Totally ruins my ability to leave the game running to do something else while I'm waiting for some game task to finish.

It's a travesty, I tell you, a travesty.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd just like to say that any game that allows you to play it in a window, should never have the game pause/stop when that game window isn't the desktop focus. Totally ruins my ability to leave the game running to do something else while I'm waiting for some game task to finish.

Kinda defeats the point of playing in a window.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Most emulators let you choose the default behavior by way of settings. Why can't actual, real games do it?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Fortunately, the one game I do that sort of thing in lets you keep it running by opening up any sort of GUI. Kind of annoying when you meant to do that, forgot, and come back a while later only to find that nothing has been accomplished (because even the freaking screen saver makes it pause).

I got bored of Rayman Origins. I just can't seem to get into straight platformers anymore.

So I played Journey again. Traveling nuns as either a metaphor for life or lesbians. Either way works. Got my white robe, which is super swell.

And I think I'll waste this weekend away with Peace Walker.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It will be interesting to see how that kind of insane creativity works in a setting like Silent Hill. Do you think love can bloom in a nightmarish rust reality? Are you looking forward to having long philosophical conversations with a **** monster? Do you think Snake will have a cameo mode that is accidentally better than the core game?

Edited by Serrano

I finally decided to move on in the main story in Dying Light and moved on to the Old Town.  The journey through the tunnel was quite fun.  I like how they set it up so that you could, if you wanted to, avoid most of the enemies and Mirror's Edge it instead.  I did wind up wiping out every enemy in the tunnel, as I often do in controlled areas like that where I don't have to worry about infinite enemy respawns or drawing virals from surrounding areas with noise, especially when given areas where I can safely wait and strategize my optimal killing path.  I'm really liking Old Town.  It's got a lot more really tall buildings, for even more of a Mirror's Edge feel getting all parkour on rooftops hundreds of feet off the ground.  Good times.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'd like to add that I've started to mess with the Dying Light companion app on my phone.  It's actually a pretty cool little "game".  It's free, there are no microtransactions, at least none that I've seen, and it's a neat little distraction for when you're away from home.  It doesn't really have much effect on your main game, the stuff you get is mostly stuff you could easily scavenge in 5 minutes in the game, but it's still pretty cool.  You link it to your main game, whether Steam, PSN, or XBL, then you have a team of runners you can send on missions in the app.  They can level up and they can die and have 2 stats each, power and agility.  Some missions depend on power, some on agility.  You basically choose your runners for a mission of your choosing, up to 3 can go on a mission, then check back later to get the results.  It takes like 30 seconds to send a couple teams out on a mission and the missions take however many minutes to complete.  It's perfect for wehn you're at work.  On break send a couple teams out on a couple missions, then on next break collect the stuff they got from the mission, heal them up if necessary, and send them out on more missions.  Lather, rinse, repeat throughout the work day, then before you go home, create a package from the stuff you scavenged and send it.  Then when you get home and fire up Dying Light, the package with all the stuff your teams scavenged will be waiting for you at the quartermaster.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Still playing Guild Wars 2, found out I'll need to do a Dungeon to be able to complete the personal storyline, which kinda sucks as it ruins my idea of playing this as a semi single-layer game. Meh :( Also rediscovering a lot of the other annoyances that made me quit the game at launch now that I'm back in areas that pose somewhat of a challenge.

So figured I'd go back to Bioshock, which didn't last long. The hacking minigame seriously gets on my nerves, I mean it's bloody everywhere! The level I'm in (the theatre place) also just screams "filler content!", I mean, I really don't see the point of it storywise, so adding those up my motivation to continue was pretty much nihil. Still gonna try to finish it at some point, I mean, everybody's raving about the game so I guess I must be missing something...right?

Oh, and I made it to the final boss in WH40K: Dawn of War: Chaos Rising, which is so horrendously overpowered compared to *everything* that came before that I'm just not going to bother (the way I built my squad doesn't allow for some of the cheap tactics people found to deal with him, unfortunately). Too bad because I really really enjoyed that game too, but they just had to ruin it with the final boss. I just hope Dawn of War II doesn't have the same issue, that would suck.

Edited by marelooke

It will be interesting to see how that kind of insane creativity works in a setting like Silent Hill. Do you think love can bloom in a nightmarish rust reality?

If it can bloom in WH40k, it can bloom everywhere.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Replaying DA:I with a new character and the default world state. I'm attempting to keep it freash by trying to finish the main storyline doing as few side-quests as I can comfortably manage (as is fun basically, rather than as a hardcore challenge). This means being relativly low level the whole game I hope, making do with equipment I aquire along the way or what I craft from the meager supplies I gather and also for added variety I'm trying to stick with a rogue and three warrors. I'm also going to be jumping around to a few of my favourite areas rather than just trying to squeeze any single area like a lemon. So far it's a great change of pace. Combat is still challenging although I'm only starting the side with the templars mission atm. I'm making the most out of potions and grenades this time and I am saving up to upgrade the ones I plan to use. I'm also switching direct control now instead of using the tactical cam which makes the game feel different. It's also fun trying to fit three warrior skills trees together. I'm focusing on guard building skills at the moment but I already have a few different ideas on how to branch out the group. I'm going to try to get them to buff each other I think. I'm also tempted to try giving two or all of them two-handed weapons and seeing if they tear through everything with group buffs and combined AoE damge.

Edited by Serrano

I wish Fate of Atlantis would be remastered.

On the other hand, though, better not.

Dungeon Keeper 1, Remastered, that's one I'd buy!

...oh wait, EA, never mind.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm 84% through the story in Dying Light.  I have a katana that both electrocutes and sets enemies on fire, though that's mostly a moot point since 90% of the time I just slice heads clean off, so the whole burning or electrocution thing is kinda pointless.  I just finished climbing a tower that would make Ubisoft green with envy.  I should be able to finish the story tomorrow.  Hopefully after I finish the story the game will allow me to keep playing so I can keep getting my Mirror's Edge on and going on murder sprees in Harran.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Peace Walker. Got my Zeke (not working yet), got my base, got nearly 300 soldiers. Feeling good about the whole endeavor.

Definitely a better game than MGS4 was. I wonder if any of the management aspects are going to return for Phantom Pain.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Once you unlock the guillotine gun in AC Unity, there's no point using any other weapon.  It's got the best combination of range, damage, parry, and speed that I've seen.  Plus the mortar is just overkill.

Between Mortar, berzerker darts, and poison gas, it's a breeze to clear a room now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Stranded Deep update made sharks more aggressive. People whined. So they changed it back and now they're sort of in the middle. I still find them too easy. And people are still whining it's toooo haarrrrrd (and not realistic shark behavior). It wasn't even as remotely as hard/annoying to The Long Dark's wolves, either.

I get the feeling the dev's had this idea for a game but their early access release (missing a lot of planned features) made people used to it being more of a casual island vacation/diving for treasure sim so now dev's are evil if they make sharks very threatening. lol.