What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Been playing a lot of There Came An Echo.

Fantastic game, and I really like mixing up the voice commands.

Everyone = Buttmunchers. You can change the voice commands to literally anything.

Edited by Bryy

One big flaw in HW1 was that the launch window didn't have any options other than launching everything or click launching. So if you had 50 fighers and 30 bombers and your MS was under attack by swarmers you would have to click 50 times to launch your figthers and not your bombers to avoid your bombers suffering heavy casualties. The same goes for corvettes. Surely there must be some way to the launch window to at least remember your hotgroups. They have the HW2 code don't they. It's fixed in HW2. 

Regarding the adaptive AI it does seem to get easier when your are getting weaker, but it doesn't seem radically different from how I remember it. I can't say for sure whether I think they ruined it.

I think your resources determine enemy reinforcements, so if you run out the enemy isn't getting anything extra. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm not really sure what the point of the "gold" weapons are in Dying Light.  The melee weapons, at least, allow for more upgrade slots.  But the guns don't have upgrade slots, and their damage/accuracy aren't any better than the regular "blue" guns of the same type.

Dying light is another example of my pet peeve about multiplayer co-op. It just plain sucks if you are not playing it in multiplayer co-op or the 'be the zombie' mode. Everything is pointless MMO repetition and the story is laughable. 

Is there some rule that says everything has to suck if a game has a multiplayer co-op element. It really leaves me with low hopes for ME4. Apparently it's going to be one of those as well. 

• Like 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Totally forgot about Grim Dawn again ... 2nd part of Act3 out now I guess, enough to make me consider playing it once more. But way too many chrs/items that I should ruthlessly clean out beforehand, that makes me too lazy to dive in. Maybe I should just delete them all and start completely over...but that can take even longer. Hum...

*goes back to Caesar3, instead*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just finished The Swapper. I bought this day one but only started playing it these past few weeks. I think it is a great puzzle game and recommend it to you guys. I had to really think hard for some puzzles and even cheat on a couple of them. That's game #15 done for the year.

• Like 1

Misson 9 in HW1 is broken too, missing trigger on the 'anomalous friggate'. Maybe AVG broke it. It seemed certain that the homeworld exe file was a virus. I know fake virus detections happen all the time with certain scripts but it's really rare to see it in a 'major' release.

This is really underwhelming Gearbox. 

Have a look at the steam discussion. One would think surely this is the STEAM support page seeing as there is nothing but bug reports, but ... no. It goes on like that for 13 pages. If you haven't gotten this game already best wait for patches. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244160/discussions/2/

I broke my own rule and bought a game without seeing how it was recieved first, I just never imagined they would manage to break something that wasn't broken just by doing a glorified texture pack. I mean, how is that even possible. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Played more Divinity Original Sin. Considering installing Diablo 2 and playing that a bit.

I doubt you guys could understand me if I did a LP.

I doubt that deep southern Texas accent would be a problem, I can understand perfectly fine  most of what you say when you make posts?

I don't have a deep southern Texas accent.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Cleaned out Grim Dawn mules (well, partially...), remembered my best geared/high dmg. chr. is still likely the best chr. and will try Act3 with her.

Considering installing Diablo 2 and playing that a bit.

I've been thinking about that myself, recently. I swore I never would again, but it's been several years now and...the problem is, if I think about D2 for more than a few minutes I can still remember everything, so I suspect I'd install, play it for 2 hours, then not touch it again. :lol:
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not really sure what the point of the "gold" weapons are in Dying Light.  The melee weapons, at least, allow for more upgrade slots.  But the guns don't have upgrade slots, and their damage/accuracy aren't any better than the regular "blue" guns of the same type.

Dying light is another example of my pet peeve about multiplayer co-op. It just plain sucks if you are not playing it in multiplayer co-op or the 'be the zombie' mode. Everything is pointless MMO repetition and the story is laughable. 

Is there some rule that says everything has to suck if a game has a multiplayer co-op element. It really leaves me with low hopes for ME4. Apparently it's going to be one of those as well. 

So far (not finished the main story yet), I don't think Dying Light is any better or worse than what you get in the other "open world" games like Far Cry and the like.  A bunch of fetch quests and a kind of wacky story, with a bunch of open world exploration.

Now, if you feel games like Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, etc. suffer from the same issues, that's a different story.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I tried to play F.E.A.R. 3.  I got to a robot in interval 5 (I think).  It's a real pain.  I've tried it five times or so and it's irritating.  What strikes me is that in the past I would expect to play the game and try to figure out the best way to take it out.  Now, having to figure out how to beat the fight irritates me.  I don't know if it's the game or if it's me just getting older.  I've played a bit of F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and it's still fun for me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Fear 2 was the good one if I remember correctly. After that it was cumulatively thinner soup and cheaper scares. 

The first FEAR was far and away the best of the series IMHO.  FEAR 2 had better shooter mechanics and AI, but the story and level design were so much weaker than the first game, the game just felt really uninspired.  FEAR 3 is just pure garbage.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, I liked the story in the first one best.  They did a great job with it.  There're really kind of two different 2s.  One is almost more of an expansion pack called Extraction Point.  The other goes to a different character altogether.  I'm pretty forgiving, so even though the quality of the story fell a bit in the next two installments, that's okay.  I enjoyed the games except 3.  I think you guys are right and 3 is just not going to do it for me.  :( It just doesn't feel like a Fear game at all.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nah, I rather prefer the AI on the first FEAR, the joy of foiling their attempts at flanking me and when they would outright refuse to go after you when you were waiting in ambush.
Plus sticking people to walls with the HV Penetrator. Fond memories of that game...

All those moments (Nonek.jpg)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Been playing Apotheon and having a blast. I only had one moment where I got upset and that was when the game crashed. There's some hilarity to be had when fighting enemies. 

How is it? I love the concept and art but most such games are very gameplay-light. Is the combat actually fun? Is it puzzle-based?

Been playing Apotheon and having a blast. I only had one moment where I got upset and that was when the game crashed. There's some hilarity to be had when fighting enemies. 

How is it? I love the concept and art but most such games are very gameplay-light. Is the combat actually fun? Is it puzzle-based?

I'm not sure if I'd call it basic, but it isn't the most complex combat system ever. You do have to be careful with how you approach enemies or you will most likely end up dead. Stamina plays a role, out of stamina? Run around until you can attack. Combat is physics based, so sometimes you can gain a real advantage if you get in a good position and the same goes for your enemy. You have a shield you can use to block. There are ranged weapons and the melee weapons consist of daggers that are great for backstabbing, axes, spears and swords. You can raise you armor at a blacksmith and you can gain better at using weapons at the weapon master. Melee weapons break after a while. Also, sometimes using daggers/knives can be really good. I have used them against two bosses. I used ranged only attacks against one. There are also dark areas that force you to use a torch which means no shield. That's a perfect opportunity to roll/evade (you can still do that with a shield). There are healing potions and repair kits for armor, and then there are some potions that give temporary buffs. There are also some explosives you get that can break through otherwise inaccessible rooms.

I'm not great at describing this stuff, but that's what I can say off the top of my head. All I know is that I am enjoying it.

Well, I'm done with Hand of Fate.  I didn't finish it, I'm just done with the game.  I recorded my last LP on it and it's getting uninstalled immediately.  I had some 7 to 8 hours of fun with it, for $20 that's not bad, so I don't regret it, but it turned from fun to really frustrating really quick.  It's the RNG that got to me.  Yeah, randomness can create tougher challenges for you and tense moments, that's all well and good, but there are times where the cards get so stacked against you that almost no amount of skill can overcome it and you're just ****ed.  Restart the adventure and hope the cards are kinder.  Yeah, no thanks.  It's the same reason I stopped playing rougelikes and I'll never play FTL.  I find no fun in getting plopped in a virtually no win scenario, haha, better luck next time.  I have no time to play with RNG that can place you in virtually unwinnable scenarios.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, I'm done with Hand of Fate.  I didn't finish it, I'm just done with the game.  I recorded my last LP on it and it's getting uninstalled immediately.  I had some 7 to 8 hours of fun with it, for $20 that's not bad, so I don't regret it, but it turned from fun to really frustrating really quick.  It's the RNG that got to me.  Yeah, randomness can create tougher challenges for you and tense moments, that's all well and good, but there are times where the cards get so stacked against you that almost no amount of skill can overcome it and you're just ****ed.  Restart the adventure and hope the cards are kinder.  Yeah, no thanks.  It's the same reason I stopped playing rougelikes and I'll never play FTL.  I find no fun in getting plopped in a virtually no win scenario, haha, better luck next time.  I have no time to play with RNG that can place you in virtually unwinnable scenarios.

488i29M.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.