What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

ok i had my first game in the hardline beta

the graphics were pretty poor but they probably did not include the higher quality stuff, still worse than the BF4 beta and nowhere near as good as what seen in closed beta gameplay videos

rubberbanding all game long

i saw my bullet hit his head, i got a body shot. i aimed at his leg, i got a headshot. the netcode seems to be worse than ever

when you die it shows how many hits you took and where... the 1 shot kills in the arm from early BF4 are back

with my PC at that graphic quality, i would expect something more than 25fps

after every death, i had to click on DEPLOY 3 to 5 times before it got me in the game.

when i tried to jump over something, 3/4 of the time i had to press space 2 or 3 times

it loaded really fast though. the first time it took about 35s and then less than 10s at map change

and to conclude, when i clicked on EXIT GAME i got a BSOD

well, as long as the game requires to be launched from the battlelog site and has no in game server browser i had no intention of getting it. now that i ve seen the state it is in i would not even reccomend it to an enemy.

and before somebody says "its a beta most will be fixed at release", i have to remind you that BF4 had mostly the same problems in beta and they still havent fixed them

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Rather hook on Hunters of the Dead recently.

Some plants vs. zombie like-lane defense tied to rogue gameplay where organising your troops properly is really required.

Addictive...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Stranded Deep - the sand-whale thing was becoming enough of an annoyance to make me want to stop playing (the way they push items around/you lose items). Then I learned you can open the save file with Notepad and alter the whale lines to 'false' - so I assume they don't spawn in that game then. Since whales are cool to watch but serve no purpose yet, I'm fine with that.

Maybe now I can build/survive in peace and not have to constantly move to a new island because a whale suddenly decided to camp out near me. Also, finally punched a shark in the nose (with a machete, not my fist) and discovered they're not so tough. Mostly it seems hard to actually get a hit in, but once you do, not so bad. I did bleed into the water a lot tho. Thankfully no other sharks seemed to notice....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

These Nostrodamus puzzles or whatever they're called are annoying me in AC: Unity.  The riddles are so vague, and nothing is labeled on my map to let me know what buildings I'm close to (other than landmarks -- but the riddles don't always coincide only with those).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Darkest Dungeon - Fantastic atmosphere!  I'm struggling terribly, which I believe is the point of the game.

Is it our already?? I want to play it so hard. Damn.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Darkest Dungeon - Fantastic atmosphere!  I'm struggling terribly, which I believe is the point of the game.

Early Access is out. I want the game but will wait for the PS Vita version.

Finished last possible battle trophies in current playthrough of Star Ocean. Now at 852 out of 900 BTs. Now up to Universe difficulty playthrough and finishing last few battle trophies with Faize.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

As Labadal said, it' still early access.  But the game is pretty polished, at least in the early going.  The narrator is soooooo good.  I have started over about 5 times.  

Diablo 3 season 1 ended, so my stash is an utter mess as I try to sort out all the crap I accumulated. Got rid of some characters, though I will keep my beloved DH, Kazyushka

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As Labadal said, it' still early access.  But the game is pretty polished, at least in the early going.  The narrator is soooooo good.  I have started over about 5 times.  

I wish the game wouldn't stall time while the characters are talking. It's soooo grating.

I like the atmosphere in AC Unity, it's always bustling with tons of people everywhere; although it's all probably exaggerated and more populated than real 18th century Paris

Yeah, the atmosphere is nice in the game.  Although the crowds in some parts are a bit too thick, IMO.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bought Darkest Dungeon yesterday evening. :)

Yeah, still Early Access, but looks pretty solid already. Right now I suck at it, but I love how this affects my heroes. Each of them feels very unique to me already... with all the issues they developed by now. It seems I need as many heroes as possible, though, so I can cycle between them with each try at a dungeon.

Also I kind of always run out of supplies or get damaged too much before I can finish a quest. Not really sure yet how to break out of that.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's uncanny how difficult a time Arno has just dropping off a balcony railing onto the balcony so I can enter a second floor open doorway.  He either tries to leap up to the roof, or drop down to the street below.

Stupid wonky AC control mechanics.  My character is the worst assassin ever because he gets stymied by doing something a 5 year old kid could do.

It's uncanny how difficult a time Arno has just dropping off a balcony railing onto the balcony so I can enter a second floor open doorway.  He either tries to leap up to the roof, or drop down to the street below.

Stupid wonky AC control mechanics.  My character is the worst assassin ever because he gets stymied by doing something a 5 year old kid could do.

Sounds like a case of  " a bad workman blames his tools "  ... ;)

There are controls that cause you to jump away from a building if you are climbing..you probably pushing those by mistake ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Finally managed to start up Darkest Dungeon (backed it on the kickstarter). Was a bug that caused the game to not open at all but they manged to fix it now.

Certainly seems very addictive, few hours just disappeared.Love the afflictions and so forth. But the core concept of how everything works also feels a bit... shallow. I guess time will tell how well it holds up longevity-wise.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've always had a love/hate relationship with the parkour in AC games.  When it all works it's very elegant and flows beautifully, but there are so many moments when I'm trying to do something and the character keeps doing something else and I want to throw my controller through my monitor.  In that regard, I think the parkour in Dying Light is superior.  It's not as elegant and doesn't flow as well as in AC, but, for the most part, Crane always does what you want him to do.  I'll take consistent and less elegant mechanics over inconsistent and more elegant mechanics any day.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This week I've been playing the Darkest Dungeon, Game of Thrones Episode 2, and Grow Home which I picked up last night.

Darkest Dungeon is great, though I have trouble not getting attached to my heroes -- I don't want my syphilitic, demon-hearing battle nun to die, goddamn it!

GoT Episode 2 was pretty good. I think the number of playable characters is a bit of a detriment though...  I get that they are trying to mirror the show in that way, but each segment feels so short.

Grow Home is pretty fun. You play an adorable robot who climbs thousand meter tall beanstalks to reach floating islands.

• Like 2

There are controls that cause you to jump away from a building if you are climbing..you probably pushing those by mistake ?

No, I do nothing other than push the directional button (L3) toward the open window for my guy to hop down off the ledge.  Nothing happens.  So at that point I press the O button to "drop", but he drops backward and hangs from the ledge.  If I press the X button/R2 button to "climb" he jumps above the open window and hangs from the next floor.

There doesn't be a simple way to simply drop down from a balcony railing onto the balcony without doing all sorts of quirky acrobatics.

No, I do nothing other than push the directional button (L3) toward the open window for my guy to hop down off the ledge.  Nothing happens.  So at that point I press the O button to "drop", but he drops backward and hangs from the ledge.  If I press the X button/R2 button to "climb" he jumps above the open window and hangs from the next floor.

There doesn't be a simple way to simply drop down from a balcony railing onto the balcony without doing all sorts of quirky acrobatics.

Okay that does sound annoying, you playing Unity right?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Those wonky AC Unity control mechanics just bit me in the ass.  I was being pursued by a gang of thugs and attempted to climb up and run through a second floor doorway.  I was just about to lose them when my character does everything except jump down off the balcony and enter the doorway.

Needless to say F-bombs were dropped.