What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I don't think the story is in itself that particularly amazing either. For me, it's what I talked about earlier, the setting kinda brings it alive. I guess what makes it really enjoyable to me is how it touches upon a lot of events that I find interesting in themselves.

The journal is really crappy though, not because it doesn't hold your hand, but it's just... crappy.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Who's got two thumbs and a copy of Bayonetta and a copy of Bayonetta 2?  This guy.

Double the misogyny!  Double the fun!

bayonetta_2_by_endless_1-d76cojl.gif

Wait, I've just read Bayonetta 2 is only for Wii U? Wanted to buy it and then... Bleh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wait, I've just read Bayonetta 2 is only for Wii U? 

Yep.  The game would have never happened had Nintendo not stepped in and funded it.  Obviously, the chances of a Nintendo funded and published game appearing on any non-Nintendo system is pretty much zero.

So Bayonetta 2 stars Sarah Palin?

Yes.  The goal of the game is to make sure every American owns a gun, abortion gets abolished, and Obama is exposed for the muslim he is.  :shifty:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pff, playing a technocrat is the most fun. Especially if you only wear a suit and tophat. Only later, after you crafted it by yourself, you are allowed to wear the steam powered armor with a top hat.

Oh, I'm not denying that a tech character offers several different shades of fun. My personal favorite was the flamethrower. But the game sorely lacks a bank, my inventory was always filled with stuff I will need and might need later, and I spent way too much time playing "the inventory game". If it only had a bank to store things, that would've added +200% enjoyment to my tech playthrough.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Yes.  The goal of the game is to make sure every American owns a gun, abortion gets abolished, and Obama is exposed for the muslim he is.  :shifty:

I'd actually play that, it sounds like saints row level of crazy, stupid fun :blush:

Vernon Roche is in Dreamfall, excellent.

what

The Commander guy, could have sworn that was his voice actor but my mistake.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, I've just read Bayonetta 2 is only for Wii U? 

Yep.  The game would have never happened had Nintendo not stepped in and funded it.  Obviously, the chances of a Nintendo funded and published game appearing on any non-Nintendo system is pretty much zero.

Nah, Obama will show up at the last minute as the special guest villain with his giant spider-robot which turns out is actually the White House itself. Then he'll monologue about how awesome Left-Wing Politics are before doing body slams on anybody who disagrees, because..

dgy0q.jpg

Dreamfall Chap 1 is pretty cool, well other than the game seizing 2.5 GB of RAM for some reason when in Europolis. Also the "X WILL REMEMBER THIS" is just...disappointing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished the Darkest of all Souls 2. Endboss actually was not that hard. Then again, I grinded the game like a mofo and ended with level 162...

Bought the three DLCs now. Also toyed with the idea of starting a newgame+ ... Probably wouldn't finish the game a second time, though. There are some areas in the game where I really never want to force me through ever again...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Been playing Chapters as well -- The game is amazing and I love how each dialogue choice is provided with an inner monologue to offer detailed elaboration on each action you take without it feeling clumsy or preposterous. I like that a lot more than how it's been in BioWare games, though I did like how it was done in Human Revolution as well.

Also Zoe's voice actress and Boulton (Hawke) as Kian are excellent, setting is great, music is atmospheric and everything is really pretty. Looking forward to more, definitely.

I still want to know a bit more on "April's fate" etc.

• Like 1

Bayonetta.  It's awesome.  It's really hard to top the satisfaction of pulling off a perfectly timed last second dodge, going into witch time, and absolutely thrashing a massive angel 20 times your size.  The game has so many insanely over the top moments that induce a full on **** eatin' grin, like getting hold of a freakin' building and swinging it around like an Olympian doing the hammer throw, then launching it into an enemy.  Good times.   I'm only up to chapter 3 because I've replayed some chapters to get more halos coins, and also because I limit myself to how long I play at a time to keep from completely wearing my thumbs out (it's a game where you work the controller pretty hard).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Seems I rushed through the episode, whoops - though I guess the stuff I missed was due to the choices. Overall it was okay, the ending interlude was just dumb. Europolis was cool too look at, a pain to navigate sometimes for me. I'll give the Zoe chapter a pass for being rather tedious as it all just set up.

Edited by Malcador

XCOM: Enemy Within.

I came to the council mission with the cryssalid infested ship way unprepared. 4 fairly experienced soldiers dead. Only the SHIV was fast enough to escape once the air strike countdown came up. Christ, I'll never do that mission again without both proper armor and basic laser weaponry

• Like 1

Now that you've seen it work, it's fairly easily gameable and you can make sure it plays out the exact same way every time even with starter equipment.

Personally I advance all the way along the upper level, crossing onto the deck of the ship (except any snipers, and with a full size squad maybe an extra to camp the suspicious-looking fish). It's possible to get within one double-move of the transponder without activating the whale if you just keep to the near edge of the ship. Next turn come back the same way, the rest of the guys shred the one spawned 'lid, and it's a fairly straightforward jog back to the Skyranger.

Of course, if you're prepared to throw away the Shiv, then it becomes even more trivial.

For more advanced whale encounters, a good thing to know is that the initial quantity of 'lids spawning from the whale is finite. You can just stand in the cargo hold and gun them down for several turns until they stop spawning, then hit the transponder at your leisure. They'll start spawning again the moment you do that though. You don't get the alien corpses, sure, but it's still free XP, so I guess you'd call that the powergamer's approach to this mission.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G