Dragon Age: Inquisition

Trust me, nobody'd be happier than me if Eternity sold 1 mil copies (ok, I bet the Obsidian partners would be a lot happier than I am, but, yes), but, well, no.

That said, it had fewer backers than I remembered (<74.000 on Kickstarter), so I think some sales are to be expected... but frankly, I have no idea how much past kickstarter projects have sold to non-backers (the few that have been released), so I can't really comment on trends.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Obsidian isn't like other KS companies. How many of them have over 100 employees? How many of them have had had more than one million + selling games? How many of them have had contracts with some of the biggest publishers and IPs in the business? How many of them have had a game sell over 5 million copies as well as others that have sold over a million easily? How many of them have built in audiences?

Sorry, but you guys spitting in the face of Obsidian and expecting them to have crap sales is silly.

1 million or bust. PERIOD.

"I imagine that Obsidian would be ecstatic with a million sales and would be hoping for such a figure, but they need nothing like that to be successful, and that's fact."

So, you think Obsidian has no customer base?   History proves otherwise. FACT: No Bioware game has sold as much as Obsidian's best selling game. FACT. Not BG2. Not NWN. Not KOTOR. Not DA. Not ME. So, why do you hate Obsidian so much you expect them to go backwards and fail? That's  disgusting.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I suspect that Obs would see more money from 200k sales of PE than they did from FO:NV. But I do actually think Obs will do better than that, assuming the game is good and reviewed well.

However you can't use FO:NV as Obs sales standards, a lot came from FO3 and Bethesda which many gamers still think made NV. Sort of like how people still think bio made KotoR 2. Alpha Protocol is really the only real comparison, but even then you could make the case that PE has a lot more pull(legacy/nostalgia) or that AP was a AA game.

And I really don't think bio moved DA:I to November to stomp PE sales, it's probably not even a blimp on EA's radar. If it sells a million, then it might be a blimp, but a small one at that.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

we got no idea how many additional sales o' PoE beyond their kickstarter money grab is necessary to makes a sequel likely. if PoE turns out to be a worthwhile game for Gromnir, our only genuine concern will be that PoE sells well enough to make a sequel a certainty. if PoE sux, then we won't care how many units is sold.

am a very practical fellow.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Blip. Little green dots on a radar screen ... blips. If one of those blips is a blimp, it's still a blip. 

Decided Inquisition will be a console purchase. Doesn't seem right to load it to the hard drive. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder if BruceVC will enjoy his romances in tactical view or action mode?

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I wonder if BruceVC will enjoy his romances in tactical view or action mode?

Romance from top down or over the shoulder ?

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmmm given that I'm a tactical view fundamentalist, I don't think it's that bad.

It isn't, but I would have still liked a little more zooming out. For example in that dragon fight, being able to zoom out and see the whole dragon would have been awesome.

• Like 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Still think that the tactical view is too zoomed in, really hope that changes.

Still showing it on xbone, though. I wouldn't sell the farm just yet. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think this combat video looks excellent and exciting, I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't understand. ...so are they going to convert the dragons from heathenry? You know, strap them down on a bench and pull their wings slowly off their joints, until they admit to believing in the one true god, so they can die and go to heaven?

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Someone mentioned it on page 9 and someone else was guessing the PC UI is not fully completed yet.

So nothing new there, consoles are the primary focus and the PC is the afterthought. Maybe that is why they asked for a later release date. Either way it doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP