Dragon Age: Inquisition

Which - if it works as I understand it does - is a huge "screw you" to people who don't play their games with internet connections. Mind you I guess that's kind of expected in today's gaming environment.

Or those who pirate, though I guess they will figure out how to crack the keep too.

Well this Keep application will probably generate a file somehow, so who knows. An interesting idea, even if it seems more stick than carrot to make it popular :p

RE: Piracy - it might affect people who pirate DAI, but my understanding since you're manually creating the saved data state(?) I'm not sure it'd matter if you pirated DAO/DA2 as I'm not entirely sure its necessary to upload anything.

RE: file creation - I imagine there will be a file - whether you can, say, download it to PC, put it on a flash drive then upload it to your game I don't know about; the stuff that I've seen so far implies you need use the Origin ID that you are using to play DA:I with on the Keep so that the information is ported. This sounds to me like the Keep is going to interact with your DAI game through the interwebs to me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

RE: Piracy - it might affect people who pirate DAI, but my understanding since you're manually creating the saved data state(?) I'm not sure it'd matter if you pirated DAO/DA2 as I'm not entirely sure its necessary to upload anything.

I doubt it will allow you to access the keep if you don't have the game tied to the account with which you will access the Dragon Keep.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

i'm assuming you need to have the games registered on Bioware's systems as well. DA:I most likely, but they haven't said anything about whether having DA:O or DA2 registered is required for anything.

In any case, to use the Keep, you'll need to create the "history file" (or whatever) with it, and then use the game (DA:I) to connect to the Keep servers. After you've started a game like this, you don't have to connect to the servers anymore.

So, you don't have to be online all the time, but you have to do it once when you start a game using a history made with the Keep.

Looks pretty good. Gotta be careful about spoilers though. I hope that they just don't unceremoniously kill the Warden and Hawke just to illustrate how 'bad ass' the replacement is though.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I doubt it will allow you to access the keep if you don't have the game tied to the account with which you will access the Dragon Keep.

I was under the impression that someone who - legitimately - bought only DAI (and never played the otherse) would still be able to use the Keep to create a file of their choices if they wanted to. Might have been a misunderstanding on my part though.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I was under the impression that someone who - legitimately - bought only DAI (and never played the otherse) would still be able to use the Keep to create a file of their choices if they wanted to. Might have been a misunderstanding on my part though.

No misunderstanding, you can do that. 

• Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I'm sure its in line with the expectations of it's intended audience and there will be much rejoicing among them, but it certainly didn't change my mind about the game.

Mm, well, I think that if the people who do the pre-rendered segments with the dragon-fire send the footage around, maybe they could get a job in an effect studio.

Of course, unless the dragon-fire and the pre-rendered cutscenes were done by an external effect studio.

Dang...

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

I will NOT play the game simply because of the people who enjoy that stuff. I would have to ask myself how can you seriously enjoy that sh*t when you know what others like about it... you just need to read the comments below the gameplay demo and i know...sorry but you all suck and EAware can shove it down their a**.

It´s an excessive game that robs ideas from everywhere flahes everywhere and VIP´s are always on the stage... yeah! Great stuff...

PS. stuff like "OH OMG HAwke is female hero yeah wut..kicks as* glamour"

Is this a serious post?

ok my english was just broken in that post you quoted and i make it easier why i dont play the game. EAware makes games i dont like, they target a very different audience. And the quote was a comment by someone else... so i thought if these kind of people like the game I seriously cant be one of them!

OMG !!! That was indubitably one of the best trailers I've ever seen, you guys cannot tell me  that doesn't really excite you ?? This game is looking amazing :dancing:  :dancing: :dancing:  

Monster design looks pretty cool, otherwise meh.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

You don't play games simply because others do?

You might find that a rather common frame of mind in this forum, even if it's rarely stated with such honesty ;)

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

IT´s a bit more then just to be different or stay away from stuff a specific kind of people like. I´m a very active member of the bioboards and just flying over the posts about the dragon age games is telling what they are about and what not. So the expressions of people like i quoted are a summary of the mindsets of them! And i know what DA:O was about... then DA2 and ..fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me ;)

So when devs start to target an audience rather then just doing a game of their own the gamers mentality matter a lot. Thats at least my impression of my 25 + years in gaming. If you have read the latest interview of Brian Fargo about Wasteland 2 you know the difference between a game developer and a product designer like a Mike Awesome button lowlevel...

Edited by NWN_babaYaga

"I´m a very active member of the bioboards and just flying over the posts about the dragon age games is telling what they are about and what not."

You hate them but you hate them but you are  a very active member on their forums? Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...................

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

^in case you didn't know. If you spend any amount of time on the bioware boards, no matter how intelligent or erudite you were at one point - you quickly start to believe that everything said on the intertron is actually important. Fables and myths about communities and how majorities agreeing on things create reality also seep in and take hold over your thoughtpatterns: "Everyone loves Mariokart! Therefore the Mako is awesome!".

It's quite fascinating. But we are all very sorry, and hope you recover from your bout of mental illness soon.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

"I´m a very active member of the bioboards and just flying over the posts about the dragon age games is telling what they are about and what not."

You hate them but you hate them but you are  a very active member on their forums? Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...................

Hate is an addictive drug, man.

Also, some IGN monkeys present :

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

... yes i´m a neverwinter nights modder so i have to use the bio boards... and when you visit the site you see all romance threads on top of it. So dont be stupid!

thats what i meant with active... NWN = neverwinter nights and not fanboy of stupidity

Edited by NWN_babaYaga

Guest Slinky

Another poor soul driven into shambling angry mess by NWN, there should be support groups for it's victims.

Edited by Slinky

So...do you create romance mods for NWN?

I kid, I kid... ;)

...Put the knife down! :huh:

• Like 2

Hate is an addictive drug, man.

Also, some IGN monkeys present :

Looks like a decent action rpg.

• Like 2